• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catfish guy was charged, by the way. He had vacuum sealed it and hid it under compression shorts. Ew.
Why did he throw it when the Pens had just iced the puck, though? I love the free time out as much as the next guy, but its almost as if they don't fully understand the rules in the Southland.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catfish guy was charged, by the way. He had vacuum sealed it and hid it under compression shorts. Ew.

7253c23b3bb1461a92f14af67953a283.jpg

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you said, I just disagree with it. They were both penalties. One was right in front of the net and an obvious call to make, and the second was a stupid, stupid play by Neal. Nashville benefited from the same scenario in the second round. That first goal is on Neal.

They could've easily called unsportsmanlike diving on the Pens for both plays too...Lol

Very weak calls for the Cup Finals. Normally, you let them play, and for the vast majority of the remainder of the game, they did.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could've easily called unsportsmanlike diving on the Pens for both plays too...Lol

I don't agree with this on the trip. There is an angle on that one that shows that the stick hit Hornqvist's skate and his toe led in. He caught the edge and bounced his other foot into it. Wasn't a "Hack his legs off" trip, but that one was a good call.

The other one was also a penalty. Neal is an idiot for doing it. But, even though the force of the crosscheck was downward, Daley went upwards before falling down. Shoulda Coulda been a 4 on 3.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this on the trip. There is an angle on that one that shows that the stick hit Hornqvist's skate and his toe led in. He caught the edge and bounced his other foot into it. Wasn't a "Hack his legs off" trip, but that one was a good call.

The other one was also a penalty. Neal is an idiot for doing it. But, even though the force of the crosscheck was downward, Daley went upwards before falling down. Shoulda Coulda been a 4 on 3.
I'll have to look at the Neal play again. It didn't look like a dive to me at the time, but I'm probably biased.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to look at the Neal play again. It didn't look like a dive to me at the time, but I'm probably biased.

At game speed, it didn't completely register with me either. But the replay showed a definite "change in direction" to where Daly went down vs where Neal delivered the crosscheck.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very odd game last night. I think Nashvilles 1st goal should have counted. The Pens obviously had a rough game even tho they somehow pulled off the win. The speedy Preds could make any team look tired however.

I have no gut feeling about who I think will win in the end.

tumblr_o0n2lhOtzH1t0qqjbo1_500.gif

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Catfish Guy has retained Lionel Hutz as his attorney.
Preds fan who threw catfish during Game 1 faces charges in Pittsburgh

A Nashville law office took it upon themselves to break down Pennsylvania’s statute regarding disorderly conduct, saying they believe the charges should be dropped. The Collins Law Firm, PLLC said, “Mr. Waddell brought tradition into the rink at PPG Paints Arena; if the Penguins weren’t ready to play the Predators, they should have stayed at home.”

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preds Fan Charged After Throwing Catfish Onto Ice During Game 1

Waddell is said while he disagrees with some of the charges, he isn't taking them too seriously.

"I've eaten a ton of fried catfish in my life, and never once have I thought I've eaten an instrument of crime," Waddell said. "It was absolutely, ten times over worth it, and I would do it 1,000 more times."

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry's office released a statement about the catfish incident on Tuesday, saying: "Mayor Barry appreciates and applauds the enthusiasm of our fans. However, as Mayor she knows that it would be inappropriate for her to intercede in a criminal matter locally, let alone ask the Mayor of Pittsburgh to do the same. We would hope that in the spirit of good sportsmanship that any charges for throwing a catfish onto the ice would be quickly dismissed."

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens were soooooo boring last night. No forecheck for two whole periods. Can't even get a shot. Unwatchable. Their system is ruing SCF hockey!!!

Just fuckin' with y'all. Crazy game. Pens cashed on chances and their goalie played better than the other guy. I'm sure Nashville is taking some positives from that game. Hopefully they can run the Pens out of the building in game 2.

You're not wrong. They were pretty goddamn boring. I didn't mind until they gave up the tying goal.