• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens not even bothering with those weak ass perimeter shots. High danger area only!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Pens as a whole were pretty bad, Trevor Daley was really good tonight. It's looked lately like he's started to find his legs and his instincts again, and tonight he really put it all together. He was dynamic even when the rest of the team was skating in quicksand. That could be a big deal as the series goes on.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Pens as a whole were pretty bad, Trevor Daley was really good tonight. It's looked lately like he's started to find his legs and his instincts again, and tonight he really put it all together. He was dynamic even when the rest of the team was skating in quicksand. That could be a big deal as the series goes on.

Daley and Maatta have been pretty solid the last 5 or so games. Hainsey and Dumo pair is brutal. Schultz and Cole just chugging along.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daley and Maatta have been pretty solid the last 5 or so games. Hainsey and Dumo pair is brutal. Schultz and Cole just chugging along.

For anything Maatta did tonight or in the last series, the goal he cost Pittsburgh tonight is what most will remember.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just efficient. Pick your spots and keep the opposing goalie cold.

Did everyone forget Nashville won their previous game 6-3 despite getting outshot 41 to 18?

Nah, at least three of the five goals were total fluke luck. The 5 on 3 power play via two weak penalty calls on the same shift, the bounce off of Ekholm's knee with nobody else in front and the empty net goal from a mile away. Nashville dominated the game aside from five minutes of the first period. 37 minutes without a shot is a complete joke.

The disallowed goal was also very close. The Nhl must have a better video of it than we were shown or the fix is in.

Shit, the puck even went into the empty Nashville net again just after time expired...Lol

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep all of my drunk comments to myself... Good game, Penguins.

#sadface

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2mo5pow.gif

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, at least three of the five goals were total fluke luck. The 5 on 3 power play via two weak penalty calls on the same shift, the bounce off of Ekholm's knee with nobody else in front and the empty net goal from a mile away. Nashville dominated the game aside from five minutes of the first period. 37 minutes without a shot is a complete joke.

The disallowed goal was also very close. The Nhl must have a better video of it than we were shown or the fix is in.

Shit, the puck even went into the empty Nashville net again just after time expired...Lol

I was surprised the Neal penalty was called since it was during a delayed penalty. But it was a penalty. He's their version of Malkin. The guy has a propensity to take bad penalties at bad times. That said, Malkins goal was far from flukey or lucky. Rinne saw it the whole way, he got absolutely beaten there.

Clearly the third goal was as you say, complete luck. The Pens got dominated for much of that game, and were fortunate to win it. But I think your blind hatred of the Pens is clouding things. It's OK, I'm sure if it were the Flyers I'd be calling for the replay official in Toronto to receive the electric chair.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

He was barely touched. Seriously though the Pens get a goal called back, a gift 5-3 and take a 3-0 lead and now its tied. Do not worry the refs will give the Pens a PP with 1:45 left in game so they have a chance to win or tie.
Grapes can be sour.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised the Neal penalty was called since it was during a delayed penalty. But it was a penalty. He's their version of Malkin. The guy has a propensity to take bad penalties at bad times. That said, Malkins goal was far from flukey or lucky. Rinne saw it the whole way, he got absolutely beaten there.

Clearly the third goal was as you say, complete luck. The Pens got dominated for much of that game, and were fortunate to win it. But I think your blind hatred of the Pens is clouding things. It's OK, I'm sure if it were the Flyers I'd be calling for the replay official in Toronto to receive the electric chair.

No, you misunderstood what I said, completely. The Malkin goal itself was not luck, but for the Pens to even be in the situation of two men up via penalties on the exact same shift when Nashville only took three the entire game was a complete joke. It swung the entire momentum the opposite direction.

A two man advantage with Crosby and Malkin is like giving a team a goal...Lol

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you misunderstood what I said, completely. The Malkin goal itself was not luck, but for the Pens to even be in the situation of two men up via penalties on the exact same shift when Nashville only took three the entire game was a complete joke. It swung the entire momentum the opposite direction.

A two man advantage with Crosby and Malkin is like giving a team a goal...Lol

I understand what you said, I just disagree with it. They were both penalties. One was right in front of the net and an obvious call to make, and the second was a stupid, stupid play by Neal. Nashville benefited from the same scenario in the second round. That first goal is on Neal.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens were soooooo boring last night. No forecheck for two whole periods. Can't even get a shot. Unwatchable. Their system is ruing SCF hockey!!!

Just fuckin' with y'all. Crazy game. Pens cashed on chances and their goalie played better than the other guy. I'm sure Nashville is taking some positives from that game. Hopefully they can run the Pens out of the building in game 2.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catfish guy was charged, by the way. He had vacuum sealed it and hid it under compression shorts. Ew.