• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the players you listed are center's.
ehh Jordan and Gobert def are....Cousins and Gasol PROBABLY are- though that dont really play like centers....

trying to divide up the NBA by 5 positions now just doesnt work as well as it used to- id have classifications- guards, wings, bigs--- there is just so much overlap in the skill sets for the old PG and SG position and the PF and C position--- the number of guys on NBA teams who are solely PG's or solely SG's, or solely PF's, or solely C's has never been smaller. Versatility is the name of the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh Jordan and Gobert def are....Cousins and Gasol PROBABLY are- though that dont really play like centers....

trying to divide up the NBA by 5 positions now just doesnt work as well as it used to- id have classifications- guards, wings, bigs--- there is just so much overlap in the skill sets for the old PG and SG position and the PF and C position--- the number of guys on NBA teams who are solely PG's or solely SG's, or solely PF's, or solely C's has never been smaller. Versatility is the name of the game.

So now Boogie might be a C? Shit dude make up your mind! Last week you said he wasn't a C. All I know is if Boogie played for the Celtics I'd want him to play his natural spot on the floor, SG!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Sixers lost and the Lakers won the tank-bowl last night.

Out of all those young guys on the floor in that game---- if someone told me that Dario Saric looked like the best bet to be an all star someday- i couldnt disagree with them. Sixers- with Embiid and Simmons injured- really dont have a whole lot on the floor- but Saric still put up some pretty damn good numbers with some pretty damn good efficiency.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Boogie might be a C? Shit dude make up your mind! Last week you said he wasn't a C. All I know is if Boogie played for the Celtics I'd want him to play his natural spot on the floor, SG!
well on ESPN he is listed as PF- where he mostly played for the majority of the year with the Kings- playing minutes with guys like Skal, Kofous, WCS etc(wouldnt you agree @Bolts ?)...guys who no one could confuse fora nyhting but centers....but here- with AD- he def is NOMINALLY the center- but i dont know too many centers that jack 5 three's a game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well on ESPN he is listed as PF- where he mostly played for the majority of the year with the Kings- playing minutes with guys like Skal, Kofous, WCS etc...guys who no one could confuse fora nyhting but centers....but here- with AD- he def is NOMINALLY the center- but i dont know too many centers that jack 5 three's a game.

What does LeBron say about this topic?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does LeBron say about this topic?
prob not much...he has bigger issues at the moment- like taking a hodgepodge of guys and turning them into an effective team in the last full month of the season. :L

if anyone can do it- its The King though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love's absence has never been more noticeable than last night. Stuck out like a sore thumb.
with Love, Tristan and LeBron out there- the Cavs can definitely keep teams off the offensive glass....when they start subbing in Frye and Williams/Jefferson for those guys- thats when problems really start.

The Cavs need Kevin Love playing well if they are gonna contend for a championship - that is for damn sure.

Could they make it out of the East if Love didnt play 1 minute in the playoffs? sure--- but the margin for error would be greatly reduced.

its just such a shame this happens in the year where he finally looked like the guy he was in Minne- and makng the all star team etc.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prob not much...he has bigger issues at the moment- like taking a hodgepodge of guys and turning them into an effective team in the last full month of the season. :L

if anyone can do it- its The King though.

Did you know Duh King gots a new crown?

imagesJZX4IA2K.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Duh King gots a new crown?

do they have a crown for Blaze Pizza? thats the "fastfood" restaurant he endorses...well. actually more than endorses--- as James has so often done- in groundbreaking fashion- he insisted on equity for his pitchman services- not just a flat fee.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they have a crown for Blaze Pizza? thats the "fastfood" restaurant he endorses...well. actually more than endorses--- as James has so often done- in groundbreaking fashion- he insisted on equity for his pitchman services- not just a flat fee.

Never heard of Blaze Pizza. Is that something he started back home in Akron?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Love, Tristan and LeBron out there- the Cavs can definitely keep teams off the offensive glass....when they start subbing in Frye and Williams/Jefferson for those guys- thats when problems really start.

Yep. Part of the problem yesterday was all of the long rebounds that happen when so many of the shots are 3's.

The Rockets strategy to crash the glass on offense in the 2nd half was a bit risky, but paid off for them. When you crash the glass on offense against a team like the Cavs, you risk getting killed in transition. But it worked, especially since TT and LeBron were having to close out on shooters so often and weren't around the paint to box out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how aggravating it is to have your team play against James Harden.

Pump-faking your defender into the air and then shooting to create contact is one thing. I'm cool with that. You tricked the defender and beat them.

But I hate this thing Harden does where he waits for the defender's hand to get near him and he quickly jerks up the ball with zero intention of actually making a shot and gets 3 free throws. I don't blame him for doing it, but the NBA needs to make an adjustment. It doesn't make for good basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how aggravating it is to have your team play against James Harden.

Pump-faking your defender into the air and then shooting to create contact is one thing. I'm cool with that. You tricked the defender and beat them.

But I hate this thing Harden does where he waits for the defender's hand to get near him and he quickly jerks up the ball with zero intention of actually making a shot and gets 3 free throws. I don't blame him for doing it, but the NBA needs to make an adjustment. It doesn't make for good basketball.

I disagree if we're talking about the play I think you are.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree if we're talking about the play I think you are.

Not really talking about a specific play, although Harden did do it twice last night. He's far from the only one that does it, though, just happens to use it a lot more often than most.

I'm talking about the strategy in general of seeing your defender's hand near you and suddenly bringing up the basketball for a shot with the sole purpose of drawing a foul.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really talking about a specific play, although Harden did do it twice last night. He's far from the only one that does it, though, just happens to use it a lot more often than most.

I'm talking about the strategy in general of seeing your defender's hand near you and suddenly bringing up the basketball for a shot with the sole purpose of drawing a foul.

The one with Derrick Williams I had no issue with

Didn't see the other one

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one with Derrick Williams I had no issue with

Didn't see the other one

The worst one involved Shump I think.

I'm not saying its a bad call, though. The current rules, thats a foul. I don't blame Harden for doing it or the refs for calling it.

I'm just saying I hate it as a basketball fan and I'd love to see the NBA make a change to address it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Sixers lost and the Lakers won the tank-bowl last night.

Out of all those young guys on the floor in that game---- if someone told me that Dario Saric looked like the best bet to be an all star someday- i couldnt disagree with them. Sixers- with Embiid and Simmons injured- really dont have a whole lot on the floor- but Saric still put up some pretty damn good numbers with some pretty damn good efficiency.
I think ROY will come down to Saric and Brogodon, if Embiid doesn't qualify.

Dario has been solid all season. He just got overshadowed by Joel.

Status
Not open for further replies.