• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna put on a show. Can you imagine if they had a lick of defense?
Imagine the scores when they play GS.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the scores when they play GS.
I honestly think they could be the biggest thorn in the Warriors' side this year. Even when GS is playing well, Houston might just outscore them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... which is exactly what he said in the same breath that he said other eastern conf teams make moves in order to try and beat him. (which is absolutely correct)

All the headlines and tweets just have to leave that part out so the quote sounds hypocritical.
I think you're missing the point. That would only be something to brag about if he DIDN'T do it and others have.
:L

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they could be the biggest thorn in the Warriors' side this year. Even when GS is playing well, Houston might just outscore them.
I disagree. I think that only happens if GS doesn't defend.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that they have KAT at 12. The kid is such a monster. Hopefully he can stay healthy and out of foul trouble.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think they will put up a lot of points on GS or not?
It's certainly possible. But, I do know that Kerr has challenged them defensively when they play Houston- mainly Harden because he gets to the F/T line the most in the league. They really make a conscious effort to stay honest on defense and not reach in. It will be interesting to see how much KD defends him on switches.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno. maybe it's just me, but I STILL think the Rockets are gonna struggle to even get an 8th seed. ESPECIALLY since this to me doesn't look like a team that'll play a lick of solid "D"...and you need that to be a playoff team...

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible. But, I do know that Kerr has challenged them defensively when they play Houston- mainly Harden because he gets to the F/T line the most in the league. They really make a conscious effort to stay honest on defense and not reach in. It will be interesting to see how much KD defends him on switches.
Good point. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't pick them to win a series v GS or anything. I do think they could steal a regular season game and maybe a couple in the playoffs if that offense gets going. I think they will play them tough.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing the point. That would only be something to brag about if he DIDN'T do it and others have.
:L

Which is exactly why this isn't "bragging". LeBron is answering the question of whether eastern conference teams are making moves specifically to beat him. He answers correctly that they are. Then he goes on to mention that he did the same thing in order to beat Boston.

The headlines are misleading, either way. And you guys posting stuff like "oh the irony" proves you didn't actually read the whole quote (which isn't your fault, that's on the spotty journalism).

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. maybe it's just me, but I STILL think the Rockets are gonna struggle to even get an 8th seed. ESPECIALLY since this to me doesn't look like a team that'll play a lick of solid "D"...and you need that to be a playoff team...
I don't know how consistent the offense will be from Houston this year, but they certainly don't play any D. Should they make the playoffs though, I feel like they might matchup better against GS than most teams in the West just because of their ability to go off offensively on any given night. Again, I don't think they're good enough to win a series against the Warriors, but I don't think any team will be when it's all said and done.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why this isn't "bragging". LeBron is answering the question of whether eastern conference teams are making moves specifically to beat him. He answers correctly that they are. Then he goes on to mention that he did the same thing in order to beat Boston.

The headlines are misleading, either way. And you guys posting stuff like "oh the irony" proves you didn't actually read the whole quote (which isn't your fault, that's on the spotty journalism).
If he were truly answering a basketball question- then why not say the goal for most teams is to get better? Teams aren't getting better to just beat him. That's so ridiculous.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were truly answering a basketball question- then why not say the goal for most teams is to get better? Teams aren't getting better to just beat him. That's so ridiculous.

when he says things like that you KNOW it's his ego talking...

most of us know how to read between the lines...ESPECIALLY when someone's being self-conscious...

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams aren't getting better to beat him. That's so ridiculous.

I disagree. When it comes to most Eastern Conference teams.... of course they are. He's been to 6 straight Finals. The goal of every Eastern Conf team that doesn't already have LeBron on the roster is to beat LeBron in the playoffs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. When it comes to most Eastern Conference teams.... of course they are. He's been to 6 straight Finals. The goal of every Eastern Conf team that doesn't already have LeBron on the roster is to beat LeBron in the playoffs.
My apologies- I meant to say they aren't getting better ONLY to beat him. He just happens to be the one player in the East that is a constant on the path to the ECF.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may take the over in every GS game this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.