• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only wants out if it's to the Clippers or Cleveland, it's going to be tough to make anything work, but I'm pretty sure PJ is ready to give him up for scraps.

Yeah I heard those were the only 2 teams he'd want to go to. If I was the Zen Master I'd trade him to the Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if its 100% black and white "clear"....but i think there was plenty of justification for the call. Plenty of justification where the chiefs crying about it makes them look bad.

i bet @ChiefsLakers67 was not happy...shit...i even wanted the chiefs to win since i despise the Steelers...but you cant cheat...

well, since you ask...

out in the open, middle of the field. you CAN'T turn a blind eye to the hold on that play. right call and you couldn't HELP but flag that. wasn't about "cheating", penalties happen...

ain't where they lost the game though. lack of execution in a LOT of areas was what did 'em in more than anything else. Smith missing reads surely didn't help, so there ya have it...

as far as Kelce goes, yeah he went brain dead and melted down even AFTER the game. dude should know better than to let some trash talk get under his skin...ESPECIALLY during a playoff game. dude's a hot head and all, but hopefully he'll learn something from it...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but getting back to basketball, a message from Colonel H. Stinkmeaner from last night's Cavs/Dubs game...

upload_2017-1-17_13-22-21.png

"this is how you break a foot off in a mutha fucka's ass"...:lol:

upload_2017-1-17_13-32-12.png

:heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is 14 and 3 against KD lifetime, it's a regular season game in the middle of January, it means about absolutely nothing.

They been playing one on one games? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats why i think the LeBron "rivarly" thingis a cogent argument.

The Warriors turned over a good amount of their roster- Durant hasnt played in any of the last 2 Finals--- Kyrie and Love didnt play in the first Finals (but for Kyrie playing in one game).

2 and a half years ago the teams had zero history with eachother what so ever....so- all of a sudden, after 2 Finals its a "rivalry"?

i dunno...i think its close- and its getting to be a "rivalry"- but if i had to say right now- id prob lean against it.......If the two rosters were relatively stable and everyone played in the Finals the last 2 years - maybe id lean more towards rivalry....but combine that with no history between the teams but the last 2 years and i think its tough to get there.

Yes and no. I do agree that Cavs/Warriors doesn't qualify as a rivalry...yet. Roster turnover really doesn't mean a whole lot. The main players are still there, the Warriors just added Durant.

However, there does appear to be enough "bad blood" developing between them that, as far as current relevant teams go, they are most likely to turn into a rivalry.

It ain't Lakers/Celtics and is very unlikely to reach that level, but it could develop into a decent "mini rivalry" if the teams can stay relevant for a few more years.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I do agree that Cavs/Warriors doesn't qualify as a rivalry...yet. Roster turnover really doesn't mean a whole lot. The main players are still there, the Warriors just added Durant.

However, there does appear to be enough "bad blood" developing between them that, as far as current relevant teams go, they are most likely to turn into a rivalry.

It ain't Lakers/Celtics and is very unlikely to reach that level, but it could develop into a decent "mini rivalry" if the teams can stay relevant for a few more years.
I find LBJ's comments on this pretty stupid and contrary to his own behavior when we consider how he's gone out of his way to try to rile the Warriors up with his taunting after the Finals- and again with his Halloween party- which was 4 months later.

Clearly he has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Dubs. I'm not sure if it's because of the media attention Steph started to get & the talks about him taking over the #1 spot in the league- coupled with the unanimous MVP votes- or is it Dray & his relentless defense when they meet up? Or is it a combination of both?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They been playing one on one games? :noidea:
Of course not

but it still holds some weight

we talk about how many rings certain players have compared to others, and looking at your post history I see you dip into that argument quite a bit with Kobe/MJ/LeBron, so would you then say "They been playing one on one games?"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks.

So, far it's just a sprain.

Still....Dude is brittle.

When CP3 returns your Clips they better start wrapping him in bubble wrap before games.

Status
Not open for further replies.