• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you guys think is better harden or curry?

That's a tough one but I think I would lean towards Harden as the more complete offensive player. Both guys aren't great on defense but Steph isn't as bad as Harden.

It depends what the team need. On a team like Miami for example, I would always prefer Harden over Curry if I had the choice but maybe on a more complete team you will go with Steph.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers up 12 at half. I'm going to bed.

Guessing the Spurs will find a way to win

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one but I think I would lean towards Harden as the more complete offensive player. Both guys aren't great on defense but Steph isn't as bad as Harden.

It depends what the team need. On a team like Miami for example, I would always prefer Harden over Curry if I had the choice but maybe on a more complete team you will go with Steph.

Word yeah it is close. But I would take Steph just cause he's a better scorer and more efficient at doing it. Also is a better defender than harden

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Harden, I just love his game and he can beat you so many different ways. It's damn close though.

give you that it's REAL close. but imo there's never been a purer shooter in the history of this game than Curry. and in the case of BOTH of these guys it comes down to offense considering neither of them are world beater defensively. that and Harden's "entitlement" attitude takes him down a notch in my book. just my opinion, though...

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give you that it's REAL close. but imo there's never been a purer shooter in the history of this game than Curry. and in the case of BOTH of these guys it comes down to offense considering neither of them are world beater defensively. that and Harden's "entitlement" attitude takes him down a notch in my book. just my opinion, though...
Fair enough. Like I said, it's very close, so I can't make a passionate argument for Harden over Curry. It's more just that I really love his game and enjoy watching him play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about Steph being the purer shooter but Harden is the more complete offensive player. I think if you're a bad team you're going with Harden over Steph almost everytime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it also depends on the offense a team runs. Harden is a ballstopper. Not necessarily in the same sense that Melo is or Kobe was, where he gets the ball and goes iso while everyone else watches. But he needs the ball in his hands 90%+ of the time (like Westbrook) to be effective.

On a team that emphasizes ball movement, like the Warriors or Spurs. Harden wouldn't fit nearly as well as Curry does. But on a team that needs a dominant scorer, Harden would be a better fit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprise surprise- i agree with this.

I dunno- the last 2 times LeBron lost in the Finals- he didnt get much help- against hte Spurs- and against the Warriors....

when he gets just enough help- like Kyrie going for 40 etc.- i just believe that LeBron will get the job done. Nothing against the Warriors greatness-- but its just LeBron.

Yeah, the Warriors have improved defensively.

Not sure if they will still have enough in the tank after running the gauntlet in the Western Conference Playoffs.

Nobody will really give them a scare. But, they will lose 2 games or so every series until the Finals.

If they face the Spurs, it could go 7.

Outside of the ECF, I don't see the Cavs losing more than 2 games total.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it also depends on the offense a team runs. Harden is a ballstopper. Not necessarily in the same sense that Melo is or Kobe was, where he gets the ball and goes iso while everyone else watches. But he needs the ball in his hands 90%+ of the time (like Westbrook) to be effective.

On a team that emphasizes ball movement, like the Warriors or Spurs. Harden wouldn't fit nearly as well as Curry does. But on a team that needs a dominant scorer, Harden would be a better fit.

Yeah, if ite just one guy and a bunch of mediocre talent, I'd take Harden.

But, Steph is clearly the better shooter and team oriented player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron asked Santa for a full head of hair for Christmas.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron asked Santa for a full head of hair for Christmas.

But, since he was naughty, he got a box full of wash cloth sized headbands instead.

th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, since he was naughty, he got a box full of wash cloth sized headbands instead.

th

Maybe Lebron could shave his beard & then glue the hair onto his head?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#NbaWelfare

#NakedPicsOfDocInABrothel

Pierce on the roster is kind of like MWP on the Lakers roster. A vet who can help the young guys develop and isn't going to be eating up minutes.

The problem is, the Clippers don't need that. So, they have a guy that doesn't help them in any way, taking up a spot that could be filled with a player who might actually be able to help them.

I get that Pierce and Doc have a championship history and Doc is no doubt sentimental about who Paul Pierce was, but the Clips are a team with championship aspirations and the window is closing fast. There is no room for being sentimental on that kind of team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.