• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that kyrie is giving respect to the Bucks tho. Bucks probably will give them a ton of problems starting next year with a healthy Middleton and hopefully another free agent add
Kyrie also said he'd love to play them for 4 games in the Playoffs lol. I.e. sweep.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i'll be at a game on New Year's day, but it won't be the NBA...

me and the wife'll be in San Diego to see the Chiefs and Chargers. still kinda can't believe it might be the Bolts' last game ever there. the rumblings about 'em coming here to L.A. are still pretty strong...
Have fun, hard not to in San Diego. I don't think SD has a chance to win but hopefully they'll at least play the Chiefs tough. Shouldn't be the last game there, but Spanos is scum so....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's that homerism again. No one's going to sign long-term in Chicago based on Wade.
There you go again and skipping my 1st part of my statement. BUTLER. people will play with Butler. Wade is just a bonus. Wade as the #3 scorer on a team isn't a bad thing. Wade is also well liked in the NBA among players. So again Im not worried.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting this rumor on Blake? Lol
No rumor it was a made up. I was just saying how awesome that would be and I'm not a Bucks fan. Im saying how fun it would be with that line up and how athletic that team would be.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again and skipping my 1st part of my statement. BUTLER. people will play with Butler. Wade is just a bonus. Wade as the #3 scorer on a team isn't a bad thing. Wade is also well liked in the NBA among players. So again Im not worried.

So you think one guy in Chicago is going to be the end all be all? Why aren't people lining up to play in OKC with Westbrook? Why aren't guys lining up to play with Cousins in Sacramento? Why aren't guys lining up to play with Harden in Houston?

Chicago has a history of always trying to spend under the luxury tax, there history of moves have proven that. Players that want to win are going to consider places that have consistency.

And you keep mentioning Wade. No one cares about Wade at this juncture as it relates to long-term plans. I'll repeat this again because it's clear you're not grasping this - NEXT SEASON WADE WILL BE 36 WHEN THE PLAYOFFS ROLL AROUND

Also, your coach sucks as has been proven given your team's fantastic 14-14 record.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think one guy in Chicago is going to be the end all be all? Why aren't people lining up to play in OKC with Westbrook? Why aren't guys lining up to play with Cousins in Sacramento? Why aren't guys lining up to play with Harden in Houston?

Chicago has a history of always trying to spend under the luxury tax, there history of moves have proven that. Players that want to win are going to consider places that have consistency.

And you keep mentioning Wade. No one cares about Wade at this juncture as it relates to long-term plans. I'll repeat this again because it's clear you're not grasping this - NEXT SEASON WADE WILL BE 36 WHEN THE PLAYOFFS ROLL AROUND

Also, your coach sucks as has been proven given your team's fantastic 14-14 record.
No I don't think we are 1 player away but playing in the East helps and LBJ is getting older. Like I said before I think the Bench needs to get better.
U can't compare OKC to Chicago. Chicago is a big market team and prestiges team. Chicago is up there with playing in NY or LA. The good thing is Butler is signed long term. So he will be there.
Im not saying Wade is the reason will come. Im just saying he doesn't hurt. He hasn't showed any signs of slowing down. Yes he isn't a super star but he is still a Top Player.

U worry about Miami landing players and I will worry about the Bulls. I think Bulls are in good hands. They have Cap space and they have some good young players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok maybe this helps you. Im a 49ers fan. They are in bad shape because why would anyone go there unless we over pay. 49ers are in bad shape. They have a poor roster and bad management and bad coaching. All 49ers have is a top pick and Cap space. Bulls are not in bad shape. They have a decent roster, cap, Big city, and a young star and ok Coaching(i haven't been impressed with Hoiberg. The good news with him is he is a player coach with a championship as a player. He still has learning to do. I don't think Hoiberg is a positive or a negative.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok maybe this helps you. Im a 49ers fan. They are in bad shape because why would anyone go there unless we over pay. 49ers are in bad shape. They have a poor roster and bad management and bad coaching. All 49ers have is a top pick and Cap space. Bulls are not in bad shape. They have a decent roster, cap, Big city, and a young star and ok Coaching(i haven't been impressed with Hoiberg. The good news with him is he is a player coach with a championship as a player. He still has learning to do. I don't think Hoiberg is a positive or a negative.

Football and basketball are two completely different entities. In order to be successful in football you have to nail drafting, free agency (where you get guys that fit your system and don't have to overpay), as well as hitting on undrafted guys.

Hoiberg having a title as a player means what again? Being a players coach means what again when you can't coach?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think we are 1 player away but playing in the East helps and LBJ is getting older. Like I said before I think the Bench needs to get better.
U can't compare OKC to Chicago. Chicago is a big market team and prestiges team. Chicago is up there with playing in NY or LA. The good thing is Butler is signed long term. So he will be there.
Im not saying Wade is the reason will come. Im just saying he doesn't hurt. He hasn't showed any signs of slowing down. Yes he isn't a super star but he is still a Top Player.

U worry about Miami landing players and I will worry about the Bulls. I think Bulls are in good hands. They have Cap space and they have some good young players.

Big market doesn't mean shit when your team doesn't know what it's doing. If market dictated everything then why isn't Durant in NY or LA? Your management decided to go into rebuild mode then at the last second said, ok we'll go ahead and compete with an aging Wade and dis-functional Rondo. Bulls ownership is also notorious for trying not to spend money and get by without being over the cap unlike other teams.

I'm just merely pointing out that your fantasy land dreams are just that - dreams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big market doesn't mean shit when your team doesn't know what it's doing. If market dictated everything then why isn't Durant in NY or LA? Your management decided to go into rebuild mode then at the last second said, ok we'll go ahead and compete with an aging Wade and dis-functional Rondo. Bulls ownership is also notorious for trying not to spend money and get by without being over the cap unlike other teams.

I'm just merely pointing out that your fantasy land dreams are just that - dreams.
Right now it looks like they did the right thing. Front office finally did the right things. Props to them. There are no dreams. It's facts. They compete now and we can land a MAx player. Future looks bright. How bright don't know yet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niners, Bulls and Domers.

Rough year for you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My teams aren't doing any better

USC football going to the Rose Bowl and basketball is 11-0, Dodgers in the NLCS, Seahawks just clinched the NFC West and the Lakers at least finally seem to be on the right path.

Feeling like a fortunate sports fan right now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football and basketball are two completely different entities. In order to be successful in football you have to nail drafting, free agency (where you get guys that fit your system and don't have to overpay), as well as hitting on undrafted guys.

Hoiberg having a title as a player means what again? Being a players coach means what again when you can't coach?

* See Doc Rivers

All the players love him.

But, he is a average Coach.

His strategy as a GM is " Sign the guy that killed me in the playoffs the year before ".

If Paul leaves, I pray Doc follows him out the door.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC football going to the Rose Bowl and basketball is 11-0, Dodgers in the NLCS, Seahawks just clinched the NFC West and the Lakers at least finally seem to be on the right path.

Feeling like a fortunate sports fan right now.

This been a really bad year for me.

Heat suck
Fighting Irish sucked
Yanks didn't suck. At least they kept it interesting until September.
Saint- Same situation as the Yanks. Kept my football season interesting until 2 weeks ago

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs/Clippers tonight. Have to be at work for 730 AM EST. No way I'm up after halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.