• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook no doubt has the best stats and is likely to win the MVP.

If you are talking about who has the biggest impact on winning in the NBA- its still LeBron on top, Curry and RW somewhere underneath him- and then a giant chasm.
Nah Westbrook does it all and the numbers show that. He finally took that next step and he isnt just worrying about himself and is feeding his teammates. I would take Westbrook.

My Top 10
1)Westbrook
2)Durant
3)LBJ
4)Curry
5)AD
6)Harden
7)Liilard
8)Irving
9)Cousins
10)Butler or Leonard(I dont care what one)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff you made my day. Hope you are joking because I know u are a basketball fan and u cant say something that stupid.

I am joking. Take a chill pill.

They'll probably lose 3 to 4 games before the finals IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably wILL sweep, or come close to it, until the ECF.

My guess is they sweep the 1st round. Lose 1 in the 2nd round and lose 2 (depending on who they face in ECF)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Westbrook does it all and the numbers show that. He finally took that next step and he isnt just worrying about himself and is feeding his teammates. I would take Westbrook.

My Top 10
1)Westbrook
2)Durant
3)LBJ
4)Curry
5)AD
6)Harden
7)Liilard
8)Irving
9)Cousins
10)Butler or Leonard(I dont care what one)

1. Westbrook
2. James

End list until the other guys like Lillard, Butler, AD, Cousins Teams have a much improved record.

Kyrie will be overshadowed, unless he goes nuts and leads the NBA in scoring.

Durant and Curry cancel each other out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, forgot Kawhi.

He could totally win it if the Spurs romp.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Westbrook
2. James

End list until the other guys like Lillard, Butler, AD, Cousins Teams have a much improved record.

Kyrie will be overshadowed, unless he goes nuts and leads the NBA in scoring.

Durant and Curry cancel each other out.
Over shadow he won the championship for Cleveland when LBJ couldnt hit a shot the last 2 games and he is leading the Cavs in points per game. Its no shadow LBJ has passed the torch to Irving. LBJ is the #2 option on that team now for scoring(not over all game).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they sweep the 1st round. Lose 1 in the 2nd round and lose 2 (depending on who they face in ECF)
sounds rasonable.

i mean the last 2 years combined they lost 4 games and that was 1 year with Blatt and one year firing Blatt and having Lue.

I dont think it is any question that this is the best roster that LeBron has ever had- and his favorite coach and style to play under.

I look at this team and cannot come to any other conclusion then they are quite a bit better than they were even last year. Its just so evident with how Love is playing, with how Frye has acclimated, with how Kyrie is playing crisp instead of coming off injury, Shump is playing great ball.......Smith and Dunleavy havent even really got going yet.

I wonder what the odds are in Vegas to bet that hte Cavs dont make it out of the East. I would suspect they are staggering.

No matter who the Cavs play in the East they will have AT LEAST 3 of the 4 best players in a series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds rasonable.

i mean the last 2 years combined they lost 4 games and that was 1 year with Blatt and one year firing Blatt and having Lue.

I dont think it is any question that this is the best roster that LeBron has ever had- and his favorite coach and style to play under.

I look at this team and cannot come to any other conclusion then they are quite a bit better than they were even last year. Its just so evident with how Love is playing, with how Frye has acclimated, with how Kyrie is playing crisp instead of coming off injury, Shump is playing great ball.......Smith and Dunleavy havent even really got going yet.

I wonder what the odds are in Vegas to bet that hte Cavs dont make it out of the East. I would suspect they are staggering.

No matter who the Cavs play in the East they will have AT LEAST 3 of the 4 best players in a series.

If they play Toronto, I think you can make a case that DeRozan and Lowry are better than Love IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play Toronto, I think you can make a case that DeRozan and Lowry are better than Love IMO.[/QUOTE
thats reasonable.....

Love just won his first ECPOTW award :) not that that means much in a vacuum- but i think its evident of the strides he has made this year in Lue's system and how much more comfortable he is then he was at this time last year.

At this time last year Blatt wanted Love gone- thats not a secret. Trade rumors, can they get it done, does Love fit. etc.....etc....etc...

now-- all that is gone and you can really tell how it has affected him positively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs and Warriors both have been playing some cream-puff schedules thus far for the most part.

Thing is, I give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt. They return the same core and are defending champs. The Warriors have new pieces, primarily Durant and need their foots to the fire.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch those two plays in crunch time that Draymond made? In two consecutive possessions in the last minute and a half of the game he blocks Schroeder on a drive and knocks the ball off his head to regain possession for the Warriors. Next play Bazemore drives on him, he strips the ball from him and knocks it off Bazemore's leg out of bounds, Warriors possession again. He's probably the most versatile defender I've ever seen play. Amazing considering coming out of MSU the biggest knock on him was that scouts felt that he couldn't guard anyone at the NBA level. How can they be so wrong on a player?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch those two plays in crunch time that Draymond made? In two consecutive possessions in the last minute and a half of the game he blocks Schroeder on a drive and knocks the ball off his head to regain possession for the Warriors. Next play Bazemore drives on him, he strips the ball from him and knocks it off Bazemore's leg out of bounds, Warriors possession again. He's probably the most versatile defender I've ever seen play. Amazing considering coming out of MSU the biggest knock on him was that scouts felt that he couldn't guard anyone at the NBA level. How can they be so wrong on a player?

Na i was sleeping

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over shadow he won the championship for Cleveland when LBJ couldnt hit a shot the last 2 games and he is leading the Cavs in points per game. Its no shadow LBJ has passed the torch to Irving. LBJ is the #2 option on that team now for scoring(not over all game).

Lebron is still the best player on that roster.

A clear test to who is more valuable is to look at the Cavs record when each has missed a game.

Steve Nash won the MVP and he was like the third leading scorer for the Suns.

So, who cares if he allows Kyrie to score more.

Lebron is 2nd in pts, boards and is dishing out almost 10 dimes per.

Go look at any early MVP list and try to find just one that has Kyrie above Lebron.

Kia Race to the MVP Ladder: Anthony Davis crafting a future bid for hardware - NBA.com

Week 4 NBA MVP race: Westbrook leads pack, Durant close behind

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is still the best player on that roster.

A clear test to who is more valuable is to look at the Cavs record when each has missed a game.

Steve Nash won the MVP and he was like the third leading scorer for the Suns.

So, who cares if he allows Kyrie to score more.

Lebron is 2nd in pts, boards and is dishing out almost 10 dimes per.

Go look at any early MVP list and try to find just one that has Kyrie above Lebron.

Kia Race to the MVP Ladder: Anthony Davis crafting a future bid for hardware - NBA.com

Week 4 NBA MVP race: Westbrook leads pack, Durant close behind
Yes I agree he is that is why I said Overall but their best scorer is Irving now. Im not taking anything away from LBJ he is doing everything else well but he isnt the go to guy when cavs need a bucket anymore that title goes to Irving now most likely getting assist is LBJ.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Toronto and depending on how Atlanta gets together, I see no other team in the East even touching Cleveland.
I got Atlanta, Bulls and then Raptors then Boston. Im looking at match ups not just record.

Status
Not open for further replies.