• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bulls beat the Cavs all 4 games they played this year.

You think the Bulls would beat the Cavs if they played in a playoff series?

The Cavs got beat badly by the Warriors both times they played last year during the regular season. What happened there?

please...try and at least have a legitimate argument that goes into more than regular season record- which means about zippo when that ball is thrown up i nthe playoffs.
Stop acting like you know for sure your team will win when you've already said you don't have enough faith to bet on them winning.

And regular season games mean one thing to young teams: Confidence. There's a reason the CONSENSUS around the league is that they don't want to play the Heat in the first round. You should learn to listen more rather than always running off at the mouth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of players who have never been out of the 2nd round, though, its hard to find anyone better.

Yeah, I can't think of anyone else.

Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Reggie Miller,Iverson.....all played in the Finals.

Did Webber or Dominique get to the Conference Finals?

Bernard King?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't think of anyone else.

Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Reggie Miller,Iverson.....all played in the Finals.

Did Webber or Dominique get to the Conference Finals?

Bernard King?

Dominique didn't. He'd be on the list for sure. Good call on Bernard King. Just checked and he never made it past the 2nd round either.

Webber played in that Lakers series in 02.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominique didn't. He'd be on the list for sure. Good call on Bernard King. Just checked and he never made it past the 2nd round either.

Webber played in that Lakers series in 02.
I don't remember that Lakers series.

* Blacks the fuck out again *

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haberstroh did an interesting study a couple seasons ago on momentum going into the nba playoffs. He looked at the last 15 playoffs and looked for a link between how the team performed going into the playoffs vs how they performed in the playoffs.

The result of his analysis: momentum doesn't seem to matter.

Here are a couple excerpts:

"If you took the top two seeds from each conference and grouped them together, the ones with a losing record over their final 10 games of the regular season went on to win the title as frequently as those who went 9-1 or better. The best "hot" teams entering the playoffs have been no better than the "cold" ones."

"Get this: The record over the first 10 games of the regular season has a higher correlation to playoff series wins than the final 10 games of the regular season. What's more? Same thing with first half and second half of the season; the first-half record has a stronger link with postseason success than the second-half W-L."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow, someone else already did it huh. Looks like they missed Bernard King though... unless I'm wrong about him never making it... which is possible.
Nope.

We are correct about King and Wilkins.

In terms of post-season success, he doesn’t have much. In the years 1983 and 1984, King and his Knicks were eliminated in the second round. In ’83, to the Sixers in four games, in ’84 to the Celtics 9 in seven. He has been eliminated in the first round 3 times (in 1979, 1988, and 1993). While with the New Jersey Nets in ’79, he was eliminated by the Sixers. He later returned to the Nets in ’93 where he was eliminated by the Cavaliers. King ended up in Washington with the Bullets where the Detroit Pistons eliminated him. Despite not having an NBA championship along with his multiple scoring achievements, he was still a scoring beast that every fan loved to watch.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haberstroh did an interesting study a couple seasons ago on momentum going into the nba playoffs. He looked at the last 15 playoffs and looked for a link between how the team performed going into the playoffs vs how they performed in the playoffs.

The result of his analysis: momentum doesn't seem to matter.

Here are a couple excerpts:

"If you took the top two seeds from each conference and grouped them together, the ones with a losing record over their final 10 games of the regular season went on to win the title as frequently as those who went 9-1 or better. The best "hot" teams entering the playoffs have been no better than the "cold" ones."

"Get this: The record over the first 10 games of the regular season has a higher correlation to playoff series wins than the final 10 games of the regular season. What's more? Same thing with first half and second half of the season; the first-half record has a stronger link with postseason success than the second-half W-L."
Interesting coming from a Cavs fan considering how they've left their fans desiring more.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting coming from a Cavs fan considering how they've left their fans desiring more.
`
I mean theirs definitely some wishful thinking on my part going on here. Nice to see the stats back up what all of us Cavs fans are hoping is true... but there's no denying the Cavs haven't looked great in a while.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writing is on the Wall.

A healthy Warriors Team = No repeat.

I don't think there is a person on this site, Outside of Cavs fans, who want to see the Warriors go down more than me.

I think my chances at winning the Mega millions, Powerball and California lottery, in the same week, have a better chance of happening.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2008 and resumed school for my Junior year at UCF. That was when the Magic were good and talked so much shit. Loved the Lakers when they won the Finals that season. To this day I remember being at a BBQ in the summer of 2010 and Magic fans were trying to convince me that we were going to lose Wade and weren't going to get anyone to come over in free agency - the aftermath was hilarious. I can't remember talking so much shit in my life time. Truly riveting.
Magic fans also thought that Howard wouldn't jump shit, I remember telling all my friends how stupid the Magic are if they don't trade him mid-season and at least get some pieces.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop acting like you know for sure your team will win when you've already said you don't have enough faith to bet on them winning.

And regular season games mean one thing to young teams: Confidence. There's a reason the CONSENSUS around the league is that they don't want to play the Heat in the first round. You should learn to listen more rather than always running off at the mouth.
LOL, "consensus around the league"

you hit the sauce a lil early today?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Cavs fans. It's all over

I seem to remember no team had ever come back from down 3-1 in the Finals either....

howd that work out?

:lol:

when you have THE KING- you can throw history out the window

1f054fe799b3e60488b83a24f7ab3b2a.jpg

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, "consensus around the league"

you hit the sauce a lil early today?
What's funny is your constant denial. Which will make their demise even more enjoyable.

Although, I am worried just a little about your fate when they don't win. I mean clearly you've put everything you have emotionally into this team.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writing is on the Wall.

A healthy Warriors Team = No repeat.

I don't think there is a person on this site, Outside of Cavs fans, who want to see the Warriors go down more than me.

I think my chances at winning the Mega millions, Powerball and California lottery, in the same week, have a better chance of happening.

eh, i ain't so sure...

i just happen to think seeing "The Queen" crash and burn in front of a national audience makes for HIGHLY entertaining T.V....ESPECIALLY when you throw in the irrefutable fact that his biggest nut-huggers around here'll disappear like cockroaches when the lights are suddenly turned on...

looking forward to it...:smokin:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a better one actually:

lebron-james-1100x640.jpg

King LeBron of House James, first of his name, King of the NBA, Best Player in the World, Defender of the 'Land

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember no team had ever come back from down 3-1 in the Finals either....

howd that work out?

:lol:

when you have THE KING- you can throw history out the window

1f054fe799b3e60488b83a24f7ab3b2a.jpg
:stephena: says the coward who won't bet on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.