• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say i am impressed with the Bulls though- as dissapointing as the Hornets have been for me- im equally surprised about the Bulls of late.

they basically gave up on the season trading Gibson. Wade goes down. All the Jimmy Butler trade talk. Talks about firing Hoiberg---- guys have stepped up though and they have kinda - not saved their season- but at least put a respectable end to it here at the end of the season.

I gotta admit- I threw dirt on their grave about a month ago- multiple times---- but they have done a nice job lately.

It just goes to show you- with the Pacers too to a certain extent--- you can have a disappointing season- it happens- but if you have thst star player in his prime like a George or a Butler- they can cover up for a LOT of mistakes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only logical chance for the Heat to make the playoffs is to win out and hope Indy drops a game. The other ways are absolute long shots.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rate this post funny all you want. I don't think it's crazy at all to think the Heat would have 2 less losses had Waiters never went down.

Yeah, I could see that. They were on a pretty epic roll before he got hurt. Even with them being 4-6 over their last 10 games, they are only 3 games behind Atlanta and 2 behind the Bucks who are the current 5th and 6th seeds.

If that record over the last 10 games were 6-4 instead of 4-6, the Heat would be right in the mix with the Hawks and Bucks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn. if only they could trade for Michael Beasley! lol

That would be awful.
Then I'd have to hope they win.
Not sure why it's so hard for you to understand why a huge sector of fans can't stand LeDouche.
Never wanted him here, glad he's gone.

#noregrets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I could see that. They were on a pretty epic roll before he got hurt. Even with them being 4-6 over their last 10 games, they are only 3 games behind Atlanta and 2 behind the Bucks who are the current 5th and 6th seeds.

If that record over the last 10 games were 6-4 instead of 4-6, the Heat would be right in the mix with the Hawks and Bucks.

Yeah no way they go 3-6. I'm not saying they go 8-1 or 9-0 but I def think they go 5-4 at least. Probably 6-3

Considering we won 23 of our previous 28 before his injury, I doubt they lose 6 of 9 if we remained healthy. It is what it is. Injuries happens but to act like the Heat would be in the same position they are now had Waiters not gone down is absurd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am hoping for a Cavs-Heat series.

:peep:

I wouldn't mind it just so this fuck boy can stop talking. In reality I could careless about who we play in the first round if we make it but I'm so tired of this dude bringing it up every year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows if the Cavs wil show up or not----- if i were to guess- id say yes to redeem themselves from such a pitiful performance last night---- but that hasnt always happened in the past either.

Did you watch the game last night? Austin Carr was ripping them a new one towards the end of the game. I mean, it's Austin Carr, so you take it with a grain of salt.

But I've seen a few of their games with him commentating and I can't remember him getting into them like he did last night. There were a couple of times he actually seemed to have trouble finding a word bad enough (that he could say on tv). lol

Ultimately, I think the Cavs will be fine and they will come out of the East. I also think Lebron and Kyrie can flip the proverbial switch and TK doesn't have an off switch. I just wonder if the rest of the guys can do it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game last night? Austin Carr was ripping them a new one towards the end of the game. I mean, it's Austin Carr, so you take it with a grain of salt.

But I've seen a few of their games with him commentating and I can't remember him getting into them like he did last night. There were a couple of times he actually seemed to have trouble finding a word bad enough (that he could say on tv). lol

Ultimately, I think the Cavs will be fine and they will come out of the East. I also think Lebron and Kyrie can flip the proverbial switch and TK doesn't have an off switch. I just wonder if the rest of the guys can do it.

I think they will come out of the east but with the way they been playing lately and the teams who it looks like they will play in round 1, I'm guessing this will be the most trouble LBJ had to make it to the finals since 2012.

Assuming the Heat misses out the playoffs, they're likely to face Indy or Chicago in the first round. Chicago are 4-0 vs them this season including being 2-0 when facing the Cavs big 3. Indy has Paul George so they can give them trouble and take at least one game IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will come out of the east but with the way they been playing lately and the teams who it looks like they will play in round 1, I'm guessing this will be the most trouble LBJ had to make it to the finals since 2012.

Assuming the Heat misses out the playoffs, they're likely to face Indy or Chicago in the first round. Chicago are 4-0 vs them this season including being 2-0 when facing the Cavs big 3. Indy has Paul George so they can give them trouble and take at least one game IMO

Yeah, something seems off with them. I would have thought they would be playing better at this stage of the season and would be able to rest guys. I know that a certain amount of it is the roster changes brought on by the injuries, but it seems like they haven't been able to get themselves to the point of playing well as the playoffs approach.

They appeared to take a step in that direction the last couple of games. But last night looked like a step back.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only logical chance for the Heat to make the playoffs is to win out and hope Indy drops a game. The other ways are absolute long shots.

I think by tomorrow we'll be hoping we lose out for more lotto balls.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say i am impressed with the Bulls though- as dissapointing as the Hornets have been for me- im equally surprised about the Bulls of late.

they basically gave up on the season trading Gibson. Wade goes down. All the Jimmy Butler trade talk. Talks about firing Hoiberg---- guys have stepped up though and they have kinda - not saved their season- but at least put a respectable end to it here at the end of the season.

I gotta admit- I threw dirt on their grave about a month ago- multiple times---- but they have done a nice job lately.

It just goes to show you- with the Pacers too to a certain extent--- you can have a disappointing season- it happens- but if you have thst star player in his prime like a George or a Butler- they can cover up for a LOT of mistakes.

They are better without Wade.
Much better court spacing form what I've seen.
If he comes back he should play with the second unit most of the time IMO.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Wiggy-wam knows better.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading out to Moreno Valley for today and Sunday in a little bit.....coming back to LB Monday morning.

If you see me on here later.....I've worn Stacey out and am killing time till she wakes up.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats @Bolts ...dodged a bullet there.

you guys, Mavs, Twolves, and Knicks are all kinda bunched up there. Knicks do sitll have a game against the Sixers.

if the season ended today it looks like the lotto order would be:

1. Celtics (via Nets)
2. Suns
3. Lakers
4. Philly (tied with Orlando)
4. Orlando (tied with Philly)
6. Knicks
7. Kings
8. Twolves
9. Mavs
10. Pelicans
11. Hornets
12. Pistons
13. Nuggets (tied with Heat)
13. Heat (tied with Nugz)
It's still too close for comfort and the Mavs have tanked it in. As much as I'd like to see the Kings pass the Knicks for 6th, I don't see it happening unless they upset the Raptors Sunday. I'd be happy with the 7th and 10th picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.