• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland dipped from 100% likely to win the East to about 99.98% likely to win the East a few days ago.
And everyone freaked out.

I understand. Cleveland Fans are insufferable at times with selective memories, bi-polar behavior, and a lifelong not caring about the Cavs until about 2006.

but, they were honestly never in any real danger of not making the finals (barring some fluke injuries).
They will make the finals even if they fall to a #3 seed.

@TJL is the only one that said the Cavs won't win the East with "Heat in 6". He's got confidence in our team. If the Heat are healthy, we make the Cavs sweat, but that's it IMO.

The Cavs defense was garbage and still isn't great. They went 6-10 in the month of March - that's not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

I along with a number of other posters said the Cavs would still be in the Finals. It's just not going to be as easy as last time and they better have that defense tightened up for the Spurs or Warriors.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mick7-1961 @bksballer89

Thought you'd guys would enjoy this, along with game 6 it's the oldest full game world series game footage.

Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese

Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin, Phil Rizzutto, Johnny Mize, Yogi Berra

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Suns game, which is now a nailbiter, just shows how much Draymond is ultimately the Warrior's most important player.

His defense drives the whole bus. No doubt they win game 5 last year with him.

I said this last year

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they lose both. We don't need Cleveland coming into Miami needing that game in order to lock up the top seed. Hoping Boston goes at least 1-1 and Cleveland sweeps the home and home with Atlanta.

Catch 22.
If Cavs are locked at 1, then Wiz, Raptors will prob play harder fighting for 3 vs 4.

Regardless, James won't play in Miami IMO.
If he plays is Atlanta the night before you can pretty much book it.
If he sits in Atlanta, then maybe.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch 22.
If Cavs are locked at 1, then Wiz, Raptors will prob play harder fighting for 3 vs 4.

If the Raptors are in 3rd and the Cavs are in 2nd on the final day of the season and the Cavs rest their big 3 and the Raptors rest their big 3 could we see the lowest-scoring game in modern NBA history?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
switch.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch 22.

Yeah but I find it hard to believe the Wizards seeding won't be locked up on the last day of the season. I rather take my chances with facing the Cavs & Wiz in Miami with those teams resting/limiting their top players. I always said 3-2 in the final 5 would get us in the playoffs. We only need 2 more

As for Toronto, we were always to get their best because no way would the 3/4 seed be locked up by tonight. The Wiz play the Knicks tonight so they're likely both 48-31 entering the Raptors game with Miami tomorrow.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies are an interesting bunch. I swear everytime I check scores they lose, yet their record seems to never change. Always at like 43-37...And this is year after year, after year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland dipped from 100% likely to win the East to about 99.98% likely to win the East a few days ago.
And everyone freaked out.

I understand. Cleveland Fans are insufferable at times with selective memories, bi-polar behavior, and a lifelong not caring about the Cavs until about 2006.

but, they were honestly never in any real danger of not making the finals (barring some fluke injuries).
They will make the finals even if they fall to a #3 seed.
exactly.

Too much talent and too much experience.

Anyone that has watched the Cavs since LeBron has been back knows that they thrive on adversity as well. They prefer it that way for some reason. It can be frustrating at times---- thats for sure because they have too much talent to play like crap as much as they do- but when it comes down to it- this is a very talented team with a ton of experience and a ton of mental toughness.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Suns game, which is now a nailbiter, just shows how much Draymond is ultimately the Warrior's most important player.

His defense drives the whole bus. No doubt they win game 5 last year with him.
where is all the faux outrage that the Warriors sat some of their stars tonight?

does everyone only care when its LeBron?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs play Hawks twice before they come to Miami.
They either play to win, or risk falling to 2 again.
i dont care if they rest the whole starting lineup and are the #2 seed. What would it matter?

Having them rested is MUCH more important then home court for a hypothetical Game 7 which wont happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....Utah should have been a playoff Team last year.

They have a hell of a roster.

Let's see if they can keep it together this Summer.

Hayward, Hood, Hill and Favors are all up for raises this Summer and Gobert is already maxed.

Who's not getting paid?
Hayward is getting paid---- Favors isnt----- Hill might and Hood might.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching every game of Warriors/Blazers and Thunder/Rockets.

Every game should average 250 pts per contest...lol
btw i like the avatar.

cool episode. well-done. Pissed it wont be back till October.

Dwight is still a good guy right? Did he leave the toy soldier that said "Didn't know" about the garbage peoples betrayal or did Eugene? I think it was Dwight.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy, did you seriously just post 6 times in a row?

Shut the fuck up lmfao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt good:

BOSTON -- If one were asked to name what has been consistent in a Cleveland Cavaliers season that has been anything but, two things would stand out:

1. Tristan Thompson was always in the lineup, stretching his league-leading consecutive-games-played streak to 447 straight heading into Wednesday.

2. On the second night of back-to-backs on the road, they stunk worse than an unwashed yoga mat, going 1-9, with the lone win coming against the rebuilding Los Angeles Lakers.

Then Thompson sprained his right thumb against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday so severely that team officials are privately comparing it to the thumb injury that LaMarcus Aldridge suffered a couple of seasons ago that required surgery. The injury has ruled him out for two games at least because the thumb was so swollen it couldn't even be fitted for a proper brace yet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care if they rest the whole starting lineup and are the #2 seed. What would it matter?

Having them rested is MUCH more important then home court for a hypothetical Game 7 which wont happen.

Yea

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy, did you seriously just post 6 times in a row?

Shut the fuck up lmfao
great night last night-

fun to watch the Cavs beat down the Celtics---- and then Lindor hits 2 bombs- a salami in the 9th to sweep the RAngers to start the season.

When the Warriors rest their guys no one cares. When LeBron rests everyone loses their minds even though no one has played more NBA games over the last 6 years than LeBron in the entire league.

Reactions: TJL
Status
Not open for further replies.