• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never made a bet on SportsHoopla that I didn't go all in....Bet 1300 on the Heels tonight...The most I ever bet was 9500.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEN they do get out of the East ill say I told you so- and that all the panicking was just for naught.

Except that you didn't say a fucking thing that everyone else hasn't said. So, it won't mean shit.

The only one on here who has said the Cavs won't make it out of the East is @TJL. Everyone else has said they expect the Cavs to com out of the East, just that it'll be tougher and that if they don't figure out the defense, they will be vulnerable.

Bottom line...no one is panicking and you haven't told anyone anything that they weren't already saying.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just take the TO like every other team does at the end of games.

Still dumb for the Gizzards to cry like bitches about it, but it's whatever.

I don't know what the Wizards are crying about. I don't remember ever seeing a team take a 24 second violation because they had a huge lead at the end of the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just bush league, kind of like being up 12 in a baseball game and still out there stealing or taking extra bases.

Not even close. The NBA has a 24 second clock. There's no base stealing clock in baseball. If it was scrubs in at the end of the game as it should be, they are going to shoot the ball rather than take the violation. It's one of their very few opportunities to score.

And Javale McGee shooting a 3 got them upset? It's the only time he'd ever be allowed to shoot one without getting benched ffs. Heck, if he shot a 3 in warmups before practice Kerr would probably bench him.

Today's NBA players are oversensitive, crying bitches.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's this way in all sports, and it's always been that way lol

Not really. They put in scrubs at the end of blowouts and those scrubs try to make plays. The coaches may trim the playbook down. But the scrubs are going to try and make the most of their playing time. You can't preach to them about giving 100% at all times and then, when they finally get to play, tell them to "take it easy."

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Wizards are crying about. I don't remember ever seeing a team take a 24 second violation because they had a huge lead at the end of the game.

Also, having JaVale take a three he has no chance of making is kind of like missing on purpose.

Two things: I think the Wizards were also salty because Draymond took an unnecessary 3 to get his triple double (yes, but it's not like they called time out or anything for it). Also, the Wiz are total hypocrites as the video posted above proves.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that you didn't say a fucking thing that everyone else hasn't said. So, it won't mean shit.

The only one on here who has said the Cavs won't make it out of the East is @TJL. Everyone else has said they expect the Cavs to com out of the East, just that it'll be tougher and that if they don't figure out the defense, they will be vulnerable.

Bottom line...no one is panicking and you haven't told anyone anything that they weren't already saying.

Exactly.
I think it's just a deflection, because he's sure as fuck never said he thinks the Cavs will win it all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree.

While I think that mercy in sportsmanship is worthy of praise and notice, I don't necessarily think that a lack of mercy is worthy of criticism.

Bottom line...if you don't want the score run up on you. Do something about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well honestly I don't care what my friends do with any of my EXs. Now if you try to move in on my current situation then we've got a problem.

Shiiiit, I couldn't even tell you where any of my ex's even are. The only one that I have ever had even a little contact with is my ex-wife because we had kids together. Now that they are adults, I couldn't even tell you the last time I spoke to her.

Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, having JaVale take a three he has no chance of making is kind of like missing on purpose.

Two things: I think the Wizards were also salty because Draymond took an unnecessary 3 to get his triple double (yes, but it's not like they called time out or anything for it). Also, the Wiz are total hypocrites as the video posted above proves.

Remember when the Cavs were up 20+ but kept shooting 3s vs the Hawks last year, just chasing a record?

As far as yesterday, my guess is if he could have just dribbled it out, he would have.
For players, stats are money. Nobody wants an extra turnover on the resume if they can avoid it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw man, was drunk as shit bbq'ing up some rib eyes for Rays game and Wrestlemania, had a few people over.

I used to love going to Rays games when I lived in Florida. A lot of people hate their stadium, but I kind of liked it. Especially when it was raining. Loved the sound of the rain on that roof.

Reactions: TJL

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the NBA fans who's Team is not in contention....

At least you're not a Magic fan....lol

Somebody has to get fucking fired for this, right?

If you are Aaron Gordon, wouldn't you feel awkward?

LOOK: Magic's offseason targets inadvertently tweeted to the world.

This is not good for anybody, especially for Aaron Gordon

At first, this might not seem like such a huge deal -- it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the Magic would be smart to go after a stretch big man and a combo forward. The problem is this is a pretty comprehensive list of their targets, and, well, look at the fifth-to-last name in the “hybrid trade” section.

Yep, that line -- “SARIC (FOR AG?)” -- could be an issue. It suggests the idea of swapping Aaron Gordon for Philadelphia 76ers forward Dario Saric has at least been discussed internally. That doesn’t mean such a deal is imminent or will even be brought to Philadelphia as a possibility, but Gordon and his representatives probably won’t be thrilled that it’s out there now.

To be clear: Front offices go over their options routinely, so it’s not as if Orlando has done anything weird or wrong here. It’s just extremely rare that the public ever sees this kind of thing. Whoops.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love going to Rays games when I lived in Florida. A lot of people hate their stadium, but I kind of liked it. Especially when it was raining. Loved the sound of the rain on that roof.

I was there a few times.
Outback food concession followed by some Dippin Dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.