• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my clothes shopping and grocery shopping done. Got a pair of new jeans, 3 shirts, and a pair of new shoes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think OKC would have went with a PG in the 2015 draft had they know KD was leaving? Hell no but why should I kill them for it. They didn't think KD would leave so they addressed another need. 3 Small Forwards were selected in the 2015 draft after they selected Payne. There is absolutely no issue with this. Asking a FO to make an assumption on a their best player leaving their franchise in another year or 2 is insane.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my clothes shopping and grocery shopping done. Got a pair of new jeans, 3 shirts, and a pair of new shoes.

:scratch:

article-2518250-19D53E4E00000578-28_634x462.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you fucking kidding me? lol

thats EXACTLY the job of a front office.
Even when it's unexpected?

Remember Boozer with the Cavs and Aldridge with the Blazers?

Hard to plan for a guy going back in his word.

* See DeAndre Jordan with the Mavs.

Aldridge on Tuesday told The Oregonian he has opted to postpone signing a contract extension with the Blazers until next summer, when he can sign for more years and significantly more money.

The three-time All-Star made it clear his decision had nothing to do with his commitment to the franchise or his happiness in Portland. Quite simply, he said, it was a business move.

"I'm happy to stay, happy to be here, happy with the direction the team has gone the last year or two," Aldridge told The Oregonian in a phone interview. "This has no impact on my interest in staying in Portland. I just want to get a five-year deal. I feel like that's the best decision on my part."

"I don't want it to be perceived that I'm not happy or I'm not staying on because I'm not signing a three-year deal," Aldridge said. "It's just financially smarter to wait ... and I'm looking forward to signing the five-year deal when the chance comes."

I feel like we're going in the right direction," Aldridge said. "I always wanted to win. And now we're doing that. I don't have any reason to jump ship.

Ummmm..He jumped ship.

:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially Houston.

Just to piss people off & stir some shit up it's BULLSHIT if any teams rest players during the regular season, ever. The Spurs started all of this nonsense & they get a free pass. Pop has grown a culture of saying it's okay to sit in San Antonio. LeBron sits out & all hell breaks lose. What a lazy fucker & someone find him a real barber. Steph has sat out during the season & he gets a pat on the back for taking a rest. Ain't that a kick in the basket-balls? And dammit how many games has Michael Beasley sat out for no reason? Now there's a question that needs to be answered.

So there's only 1 way to take care of this problem...kick LeBron outta the NBA & make him play overseas instead. I'm sure a team in Turkey would rename the squad the Balding Ones. If I was the commish of the NBA I'd get that done during the off season.

CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!:hope:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when it's unexpected?

Remember Boozer with the Cavs and Aldridge with the Blazers?

Hard to plan for a guy going back in his word.

* See DeAndre Jordan with the Mavs.

Aldridge on Tuesday told The Oregonian he has opted to postpone signing a contract extension with the Blazers until next summer, when he can sign for more years and significantly more money.

The three-time All-Star made it clear his decision had nothing to do with his commitment to the franchise or his happiness in Portland. Quite simply, he said, it was a business move.

"I'm happy to stay, happy to be here, happy with the direction the team has gone the last year or two," Aldridge told The Oregonian in a phone interview. "This has no impact on my interest in staying in Portland. I just want to get a five-year deal. I feel like that's the best decision on my part."

"I don't want it to be perceived that I'm not happy or I'm not staying on because I'm not signing a three-year deal," Aldridge said. "It's just financially smarter to wait ... and I'm looking forward to signing the five-year deal when the chance comes."

I feel like we're going in the right direction," Aldridge said. "I always wanted to win. And now we're doing that. I don't have any reason to jump ship.

Ummmm..He jumped ship.

:dhd:

Perfect example.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you fucking kidding me? lol

thats EXACTLY the job of a front office.

I guess that fastball of Riley's that you kept mentioning of is the ability to predict the future - such as Bosh's blood clots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those teams better be very wary of Charlotte. They can steal a spot. They're playing better ball now.

Up 14 in Oklahoma right now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why he's so critical of his team. They're going to easily win 60+ games again this year.

Maybe it's the last 2 post season disappointments? Although I think S.A. is the only team that would have a chance against G.S. in a 7 game series.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you become an Oregon Ducks fan, Mecca?
I'm not.

That's why they got the Crying Jordan Puddles....lol

I do feel bad for that kid that couldn't get the board.

IF it wasn't for him, they would have been gone fishin last round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not.

That's why they got the Crying Jordan Puddles....lol

I do feel bad for that kid that couldn't get the board.

IF it wasn't for him, they would have been gone fishin last round.

why do you feel for sorry for him?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why he's so critical of his team. They're going to easily win 60+ games again this year.

Winning is always a good thing but if I could switch things up for a moment the Lakers could still lose 60 games.:yes: Which is always a good thing.

CELTICS IN SEVEN!!! (where the hell is Mick?:noidea:)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Dawn Staley and South Carolina!!!

Hopefully, I won't be to distraught after The Walking Dead finale to watch it on DVR.

#TeamSasha

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you feel for sorry for him?

Because he had 16 boards, 4 blocks and he blames himself for the loss because he couldn't single handedly get the last 2.

Jordan Bell had 13 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks in Oregon’s Final Four loss to North Carolina. Bell, along with his teammates were unable to rebound any of UNC’s missed free throws in the final moments, costing them an opportunity to win the game. After the game, Bell who has been a monster on the boards during the tournament, was devastated.

Bell later tweeted that he was sorry. He averaged 12.6 points, 13.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks over 5 March Madness games. He may feel like he let his team down right now, but someday he’ll be able to look back and know the Ducks wouldn’t have been in the Final Four without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.