• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Spo said this. I thought they should have doubled on the P&R and force the ball out of his hands.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop winning Pelicans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is LeBron hated due to his fading hairline?:noidea:

It certainly doesn't help.

For me my dislike of him started when he was still in HS. This wasn't his fault but the local media back home talked about him daily for 4 nonstop years. That shit got old real quick.

There's no doubt that there's a certain amount of "Lebron fatigue," but there'd be a whole lot less of it if he didn't constantly feed into it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this blows. i wanna watch the Lakers, but i DON'T wanna watch LeClown...

You must make the smart decision and not watch the game. You will be better off.

Can't you wait to see all the bragging Wiggy will do about beating the Lakers?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending LeBron but why do so many people even care if he sits out games & is laughing on the bench?

Because he primarily sits out games when his team is on the road. From what I heard, there were quite a few fans at Staples last night in Lebron jerseys who paid a lot of money for him to not play. It was one of 2 chances to see him play (the other being tonight) and their only chance this year to see him against a team that could actually make it a good game with him playing.

How is that any different than any other super star that sits out games & does the same stuff?

What other superstars do you see sitting on the bench laughing and joking when their team is getting run out of the gym and they are perfectly healthy and could have played? I haven't seen many. I don't recall Kobe ever doing that. Or KG, Pierce and Ray Ray when they were Celtics (Red would return from the dead just to blow cigar smoke in their face while he chewed them out for disrespecting the game). I don't recall seeing Timmy, Parker or Manu doing that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll just simplify his coming novel-sized post...

"did you guys see LeBron,Kyrie and Love? they're awesome. they're unstoppable when they play like this"-WiggyRuss:nutswing:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt you rather see him rest and be healthy- then have an end of his career thats a complete shit show- where he is never healthy and has injury after injury and goes out a loser like Kobe?

I don't like the sitting out, but I understand it. I've said before that if Kobe had sat more often, he may have had a better ending to his career.

However, he shouldn't be sitting out games like last night vs. the Clippers and he damn sure shouldn't be sitting on the bench laughing and joking around while his teammates are getting blown out by 30 points.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, Tim Duncan (who rested a lot) and Kobe retired the same year and have the same amount of rings. You use that narrative way too often.

Timmy played in college, Kobe came straight from high school. So, Timmy was older and needed to rest more to prolong his career. Kobe simply wasn't physically going to be able to play to the same age as Timmy.

Besides, Kobe playing all the time isn't why he went out losing in his last couple of years.

Kobe spent his last couple of years on and off the injury list and had suffered back to back season ending injuries. That had a lot do with it.

Kobe being around stunted the Lakers youth movement or delayed it.

I agree with this to a point. It definitely stunted their growth because he was in and out of the lineup all the time, so they never really got a chance to develop playing alongside him.

Along with his albatross sized contract that offered the Lakers little room to effective bring in key free agents.

The Lakers actually had plenty of room to add at least 1 other star player. However, Kobe was no longer a guaranteed deep playoff run and Jim Buss is an idiot.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the sitting out, but I understand it. I've said before that if Kobe had sat more often, he may have had a better ending to his career.

However, he shouldn't be sitting out games like last night vs. the Clippers and he damn sure shouldn't be sitting on the bench laughing and joking around while his teammates are getting blown out by 30 points.

'sides, going out with 5 rings hardly makes him a "loser"...

bet he wishes LeClown can go out like that...:heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Achilles injury that effectively ended him being a star was a direct result of being overplayed.

There is zero evidence that it was the result of being overplayed. The doctor who performed the surgery said that it could have just easily happened stepping off a curb.

A college football player from Washington just recently had the exact same injury as Kobe while doing drills he has done hundreds of times at his pro day. Was he overplayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.