• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 3 - Hawks vs Ducks

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 2 goals were direct results of mistakes by Rundblad. He HAS to be out of the line-up. And yet, he still managed to double Timonen's minutes. This team can go nowhere with both of those guys playing.

Yes, the first two were failures to clear, but he also saved a goal later when there was an open side. The one he fell down on he was cross checked in the back, which is usually a regular season penalty. They never filled that hole and the third line for anaheim was the troublesome one. Wonder more if Versteeg gets back in the lineup tomorrow.

The hawks looked really fast, but the passes were really slow, so I am pretty sure they are gonna be able to turn it around.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the best option, has plenty of speed to make up for the lack of speed of Timonen. Cant get the story though, keeps going to the sun times page to subscribe.

I'm just hoping he isnt sitting Teuvo for Versteeg.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the best option, has plenty of speed to make up for the lack of speed of Timonen. Cant get the story though, keeps going to the sun times page to subscribe.

I'm just hoping he isnt sitting Teuvo for Versteeg.

Weird. Came up fine for me at work, but can't get it at home, either.

Anyway, obviously Cumisky DID play. I have to admit I went to bed after the 1st (Eastern Time Zone now, and have been sick). Glad to see they continued their streak of not losing when leading after 2 periods.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely tried, also feeling sick think I made it to the middle of the second OT. Crow was losing his net alot and I thought the ducks were gonna get a tap in. Ducks were playing ass in crows face hockey, sometimes with two pair.

Cumiskey didnt implode, which is a good thing, but there is the worry that each d pair seems to have a different partner every other shift. Timonen was bouncing all over the ice with those checks. Q will get his matchups the next two games, so Kane and Toews might get some more space, but the way the ducks 3rd and 4th lines were playing I dont know if the matchups will allow them to the puck that much though.

Hawks got the split they needed early, now to hold home ice which has not been the factor it once was at the UC.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also fun seeing the replay of the Shaw headbutt goal, kinda worrysome that most of the team did not know it was illegal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things on my mind:
  • The Shaw header was awesome. Something like that should count.
  • Kenny Albert and crew are annoying me already 2 games in. The lovefest for Corey Perry is way over the top. They show him grabbing sticks, taunting players, slashing players... if it were a player like Sean Avery or Raffi Torres, they'd be talking about what a jerk he is. But because Perry scores... well, now he is a master.
  • Why do half the teams in the Pacific push and shove after a whistle? Infuriating.
  • Cumisky played well. Hope he stays in the lineup over Rundblad. Heck, I'd take Rundblad over Timonen. At least if he messes up a play, Rundblad would be able to skate to try to correct.Timonen just stands there.
  • Kaner. With the way the Ducks check, Kane seems tentative just about everywhere he is on the ice. Maybe he's worried about his shoulder? Or just worried about getting crushed? He rarely back-checks and plays D, and now he's shying away from traffic and the boards on offense. Activate Versteeg and sit Kane if he isn't going to play.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Kane backchecking a little saw him start to the corner one time and a few late elbows to guys that are all over him when skating off the ice. Something we have left out, his playoff beard is actually coming in pretty full.... I also saw Teuvo in Hossa mentality of turn the puck over, chase that biscuit down and get it back. Teuvo looks really good out there.

This is the kind of game you wonder if a couple replacements would get some fresh legs on the ice and create an advantage. It would be Versteeg and Nordstrom as options.

Yes, Timo was bouncing off checks and his ass was on the ice. I just dont think the home games would be where you sit him finally, the times you can get him on and get him off with the last change.

I still want to see Vermette with Kane and Sharp. Richards has been better on faceoffs, but as far as getting to the boards to dig out pucks, Vermette has that edge. I really dont think Kane and Richards really ever found that connection.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much oh guys got the split in Animalheim. Now all you need is to win 2 in Chicago. Good luck.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresh legs, Versteeg and Nordstrom, now I know why you should not do it.

Bickel on the power play should do nothing but skate to the front of the net. Why is he picking pucks at the boards?

That first 5 hole goal through the double screen, tough break, but leaving an open side...damn.

Four minute power play, Toews got hit in the temple, somehow was bleeding in the mouth, I guess that was one of those karma deals, but 0-5 with probably only 5 shots was terrible. Definitely did not deserve to win, sure hope Vermette and Teuvo are back in the mix.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, who saw what happened with Krueger? seems like he sat the entire third. was it an injury or a benching?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think Q just went away from using that whole line at the end there. He basically shortened it to a 3-line rotation.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Q just went away from using that whole line at the end there. He basically shortened it to a 3-line rotation.
Thats what I thought, but Kane was out with Desjardins and Nordstrom for defensive zone faceoffs where Krueger is usually first choice.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 goals in 37 seconds. Was on my 5th heart-attack at that point.

The short bench on defense may be taking its toll.

My MVP candidates so far this series:
Andrew Shaw - hasn't taken a shift off yet. And he's getting the snot beat out him everywhere on the ice.
Brandon Saad - Has really stepped up and has created some great scoring chances.
Andrew Desjardins - What? I'm impressed with his play, not just with the Ducks, but even in the Preds and Wild series. Seems more and more comfortable with every shift. Makes good decisions and does the dirty work along the boards.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keeping the baby asprin close by again. Hawks should be confident, would really appreciate a regulation win today, anderson going down early, if Sharpie got elevation on his break it would have ended sooner. Cumiskey had a pretty good game, maybe he gets a little more time to help the cause.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone tweeted that Timo was on the ice, Runblad off the ice early after morning skate. Said scratches are usually on the ice later. Might be a game time decision or he might be replacing Cumiskey, but there is a chance Timonen is a scratch tonight.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked up the playoff stats and saw that Timonen's +/- is zero (even). Couldn't believe it.

According to Rotoworld, Timonen is a scratch and Rundblad is a go for game 6.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Timo has been lucky to have been on the ice for alot of Hawk scoring as well to keep his +/- even.

Great game, Anaheim really never looked engaged, almost expecting to finish this off at home game 7.

I loved the Despres moment, first he is lit up by friendly fire and knocked silly, tries to get up using his stick like a cane, stick breaks, goes down again, gets hit with a shot, finally staggers to his feet and Dunc hits him square again knocking his ass back to the ice. Why couldn't that have been stoner?

Also loved after the game, Duncan Keith interviewed by Pierre, questioned about getting two days off, Duncan,, not out of breath, not tired, says, both teams would be ready to play game 7 tomorrow night.

I think all this hitting has taken more out of the ducks than the hawks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 is a fitting end to a great series. Ducks depth vs Hawks experience. Ducks clearly choked in Game 7 last year vs LA. Did they learn anything? We know the Hawks won't choke, but will they be too tired on D? The extra day of rest is a definite blessing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to say who has the advantage.

Ducks have an extra day to think about their poor performance, Anderson has an extra day to worry about letting in soft goals, while the hawks sure seem like they out skated anahaim in game 6 and their every other day body pace might be thrown off. The ducks sure looked like the more tired team, all the big bodies, take alot more out of them.
But after LA game 7 loss last year, this hawk team is definitely not gonna go down easy. This can end up 6-2 or 6 overtimes.