• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am OK with this signing. While his defense LOOKED bad in the Series, everything I have read says that he is a better OFer than he looks. I will just have to trust that. After all, Pence does not LOOK like a good defensive OFer at first glance, either. You have to watch him over an extended time to really appreciate what he does out there.

So who gets dumped form the 40-man?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the roster. These are my nominations for DFAs...

Dominguez
Parker
Cordier
Kontos
Heston

Maybe an outside shot of Brown.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the signing. He's an upgrade over Blanco in LF and can hit lead off (when Pagan gets hurt). Blanco's best role is as a 4th OF, which he can now be.. Loki came relatively cheap, possibility to keep him f he has a good year.

It's not a big LF upgrade but it's an upgrade. We kept our farm system in tact and plenty of payroll flexibility for 2016 FA

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the signing. He's an upgrade over Blanco in LF and can hit lead off (when Pagan gets hurt). Blanco's best role is as a 4th OF, which he can now be.. Loki came relatively cheap, possibility to keep him f he has a good year.

It's not a big LF upgrade but it's an upgrade. We kept our farm system in tact and plenty of payroll flexibility for 2016 FA

I think it is more important for the depth than it is for the starters.

That makes Ishi the #5 and Blanco the #4. I am A-O-K with Ishi as the #5 OFer.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I guess I expected something like this.:L

No one cares, Nolan.

Maybe you should root for a team making a ton of splashy moves like San Diego or Miami or Toronto?

We'll keep supporting the front office that wins rings all the damn time.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also my take on the signing. I still think that 2015 has many questions that need to be answered. As much as we needed a 3B and LF they were not the only question marks. I still think that the SP needs to be looked at closely. After Bum it becomes very hazy for me. Cain is coming of surgery as is Huddy. Timmy is still Timmy as far as I'm concerned. A decent #5 at best. The other spot is either Vogs (if we resign him) or Petit if we give him the chance. I actually like the way this year has unfolded. We didn't sell the farm and we didn't layout any really large and long term contracts.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my take on the signing. I still think that 2015 has many questions that need to be answered. As much as we needed a 3B and LF they were not the only question marks. I still think that the SP needs to be looked at closely. After Bum it becomes very hazy for me. Cain is coming of surgery as is Huddy. Timmy is still Timmy as far as I'm concerned. A decent #5 at best. The other spot is either Vogs (if we resign him) or Petit if we give him the chance. I actually like the way this year has unfolded. We didn't sell the farm and we didn't layout any really large and long term contracts.

Actually Peavy is the other spot, the rotation is set.

A lot of question marks sure, but there's a definite possible path back to the playoffs. THey need some things to go right but none of those things are wildly implausible: Timmy needs to be a decent #5 (or replaced midseason by someone who can be), Cain needs to be #3 level, Panik needs to produce like that all year, Belt needs to stay healthy and keep getting better, Pagan needs to play 120+ games, McGehee needs to give you 1-2 WAR, etc....stuff needs to break right, what else is new in this sport?

We have a team on paper that's among the top 6-7 in the NL, which means we are very much in the mix for a wild card spot. Injuries as always will be the x factor. And we all know once you are in the dance you can win it.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a very good signing. It adds depth to the the OF, provides insurance for when/if Pagan gets hurt, and it adds a splash of speed.

From what I have seen of him, he can really handle the bat, so he will be a nice addition to the small ball that is played in the NL.

I like where we are stand. As previously stated above, I would like to see an addition made to the Rotation, but I think we are in a spot to go into the season being competitive, with the chance to upgrade at the trade deadline as usual.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for Brown (to be DFA'd).

Thank goodness we signed another Blanco! Whew, off-season saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for Brown (to be DFA'd).

Thank goodness we signed another Blanco! Whew, off-season saved.

I know, right? Maybe this is a sign the front office has finally figured out how to win!

....I really don't get how fans of this team, at this moment in time, have anything negative to say about how the team is run.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Aoki's career Batting Average is 30 points higher than Blanco's....and he strikes out about half as much as Blanco.

Other than that, they are identical. lmao

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least if [when] Pagan goes down, we can have Aoki batting leadoff and leave Blanco down in the order, where he always seems to have better success.

I'm fine with the signing, this is a very 'Giants' move.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right? Maybe this is a sign the front office has finally figured out how to win!

....I really don't get how fans of this team, at this moment in time, have anything negative to say about how the team is run.

Exactly.

I think from here on out, it should be assumed that any gripe any of us has is simply a verbalization of our ignorance and not yet understanding the full brilliance of what Sabean and Co have done.

Pure and simple.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose that's true.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is that important to you without a salary cap?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juan Perez better be the 5th OF over Ishikawa

Not sure I agree.

Perez is just Aoki/Blanco lite. Ishi brings a whole different skillset with him. He is a very good PHer and has the added ability to play 1B (possibly not needed, granted). He also is set to make 1M this year, so the Giants have basically already stated he is getting the #5 job.