• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL College Football Draft Master Thread

Rams Upser

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you @Vitamike this will be a promising year as we flip the script on the direction the Rams are going..

#SackCity #ReturnOf1,000YdRusher

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what the Rams were attempting to do in this draft. If they succeeded, I think the ceiling is very high. If they failed, it will look bad.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what the Rams were attempting to do in this draft. If they succeeded, I think the ceiling is very high. If they failed, it will look bad.
Let's hope for the former...

BTW - Good to see you around Rambulance!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upser, welcome to the board. We are all snake bit here a little. Years of hope turn to years of the same. This draft however is different in that we did not go after a player (Jason Smith)we went after depth on the line and I have to figure out of the 4 big bobies we did draft, two will be sound enough to make a difference.:hope: The Rams also drafted a #1 running back, not a #2 or #3, a #1 and if Curley goes as projected, Beast Mode takes a back seast in the division.:thumb: The Rams also are now past the Bradford era (thank God)and with Foles and a young (hopefully #1)Mannion in the wings, that position is taken care of.:yes: Plus a OC change where Shotts is history and I as many think, the end of the tunnel got closer.:2cents: I hope so anyway. Welcome to the board, liked your post and continue to be part of the best NFL board out there.:nod: blue

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ready for football already!!! But as long as my Chicago bulls are kicking the Cav's ass then let the playoffs drag out even longer.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ready for football already!!! But as long as my Chicago bulls are kicking the Cav's ass then let the playoffs drag out even longer.
Me too. I will never be considered a band wagon fan with the likes of the Flyers, Rams, Yankees and 76ers! Stop the pain.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley is a beast. I can tell you that much.

Boy is bad news for the NFC west

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking PJ Williams in the 3rd and one of the OTs with the late 3rd round pick, then Hundley would have killed this draft.

You get a 1st/2nd round talent at CB. You still get your OT/OG project and you get a much faster QB and better athlete as well. Mannion was good in the Pac 12, but he's not mobile at all and is slow to go through progressions. Sound like anyone u know?? :)

Does everyone forget we play in the fuckjng NFC west? I like the first 2 picks a lot, but a slow QB that needs a perfect pocket seems pretty stupid to me.

And they could have gotten that 3rd OT as an undrafted FA or someone would have gotten cut. The Rams love this project shit - they do it every year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking PJ Williams in the 3rd and one of the OTs with the late 3rd round pick, then Hundley would have killed this draft.

You get a 1st/2nd round talent at CB. You still get your OT/OG project and you get a much faster QB and better athlete as well. Mannion was good in the Pac 12, but he's not mobile at all and is slow to go through progressions. Sound like anyone u know?? :)

Does everyone forget we play in the fuckjng NFC west? I like the first 2 picks a lot, but a slow QB that needs a perfect pocket seems pretty stupid to me.

And they could have gotten that 3rd OT as an undrafted FA or someone would have gotten cut. The Rams love this project shit - they do it every year.
:agree::10:

If Todd Gurley is Jeff Fisher's newest version of Eddie George than why not have Brett Hundley as Jeff Fisher's newest version of Steve McNair? :noidea:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Hundley is more than a 1 year project and Foles could leave after this season.

Mannion is very similar to Foles so the offense won't have to change if Foles leaves. With Hundley, the entire offense has to change to accommodate him and that means everyone would be learning another offense for the 3rd year in a row ( assuming Hundley would be ready to play which I doubt ).

That causes the offense to regress to start the 2016 season as they adjust to a new offense. It doesn't make sense to regress this team when the window is closing with all these young players coming up on FA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Hundley is more than a 1 year project and Foles could leave after this season.

Mannion is very similar to Foles so the offense won't have to change if Foles leaves. With Hundley, the entire offense has to change to accommodate him and that means everyone would be learning another offense for the 3rd year in a row ( assuming Hundley would be ready to play which I doubt ).

That causes the offense to regress to start the 2016 season as they adjust to a new offense. It doesn't make sense to regress this team when the window is closing with all these young players coming up on FA.
ALR you say this like you know Brett Hundley better than most, maybe you do? I have watched Hundley play pretty much every Saturday of CFB for the last three years also watched a lot of Mannion too as he played for the Beavs in the PAC12.

Brett too played in a Pro Style offense coached by Noel Mazzone but mostly out of the shot gun. Brett was a winner, winning at least 10 games in each of his three years at UCLA when they hadn't had a ten win season in a long time prior! Brett is a bright young man with good size, exceptional strength with a lot of athletic ability. He took too many sacks yes but those didn't end up hurting the team for the most part. Now a lot was made of Mannion losing talent from 2013 regarding his 2014 numbers but who did Brett ever have to throw to? Mannion was the safe pick because footwork is important in the NFL but Hundley was a very evasive runner once he decided to take off and in those instances showed some great feet.

Last regarding your concept of starting all over for Hundley in 2016 I'm not sure about that either. Did Seattle have setbacks starting Wilson? He played a different style than Tarvaris Jackson. I mean if the NFC West's style of play of smash mouth football is the template for success in our division than why couldn't a Hundley manage the QB spot much like Russell?

I know it's water under the bridge but we will see in time who the better NFL QB will be. I just have this feeling that Mannion will end up being a younger version of a guy we just had starting at QB in Shawn Hill.

That's not a bad thing, IF Foles becomes the guy we really need and want at QB and is retained as a Ram for years to come.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sooner or later, many of you will come to realize that in the NFC West a QB will have to make plays with his legs. Pockets break down and Mannion's biggest negative that I hear consistently and have watched, is that he's slow everywhere.. From taking the snap, to handing off, to going through progressions.
And you don't know if Hundley and Mannion both sit a year, who's going to do more or learn more.. Last time Green Bay took a QB to sit a year, he learned from Favre and is now the best QB in the league.
And why draft a QB exactly like the current one you have? So the defense doesn't have to adjust? It's not like this conference we play in has been all about defense or anything.. :L
But hell, gimme the athlete every time. And again, give me the guy that has mobility as well - especially with the defenses we see

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR you say this like you know Brett Hundley better than most, maybe you do? I have watched Hundley play pretty much every Saturday of CFB for the last three years also watched a lot of Mannion too as he played for the Beavs in the PAC12.

Brett too played in a Pro Style offense coached by Noel Mazzone but mostly out of the shot gun. Brett was a winner, winning at least 10 games in each of his three years at UCLA when they hadn't had a ten win season in a long time prior! Brett is a bright young man with good size, exceptional strength with a lot of athletic ability. He took too many sacks yes but those didn't end up hurting the team for the most part. Now a lot was made of Mannion losing talent from 2013 regarding his 2014 numbers but who did Brett ever have to throw to? Mannion was the safe pick because footwork is important in the NFL but Hundley was a very evasive runner once he decided to take off and in those instances showed some great feet.

Last regarding your concept of starting all over for Hundley in 2016 I'm not sure about that either. Did Seattle have setbacks starting Wilson? He played a different style than Tarvaris Jackson. I mean if the NFC West's style of play of smash mouth football is the template for success in our division than why couldn't a Hundley manage the QB spot much like Russell?

I know it's water under the bridge but we will see in time who the better NFL QB will be. I just have this feeling that Mannion will end up being a younger version of a guy we just had starting at QB in Shawn Hill.

That's not a bad thing, IF Foles becomes the guy we really need and want at QB and is retained as a Ram for years to come.

Vita

I'm not saying I don't like Hundley.

I was just stating why I thought the Rams went with Mannion over Hundley and Petty because I think those 2 have a bigger learning curve and if Foles leaves, the Rams would be in trouble having to start them before they are ready.

Hundley may end up being a great QB in this league. But he's also going to sit on the bench for several years and learn the game from one of the best.

That wouldn't have been the case with the Rams. That's why I think they went with Mannion.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't have been the case with the Rams. That's why I think they went with Mannion.
IMO I think the learning curve isn't as great with Hundley as you and others suggest. He is no different than JW or MM IMO in learning curve and they will most likely start week one of their rookie years. So Hundley would be ready in Year Two.

They drafted Mannion to be the Number 2 guy his rookie year and if Foles goes down they have a solid backup plan for this year.

Getting to the playoffs is critical for Snisher THIS year and I think that is the deciding factor.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right Vita

another .500 or below season may cost Fisher his job. I don't think Snead would get canned but I could definitely see Fisher getting canned if this team fails to get over .500

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I think the learning curve isn't as great with Hundley as you and others suggest. He is no different than JW or MM IMO in learning curve and they will most likely start week one of their rookie years. So Hundley would be ready in Year Two.

They drafted Mannion to be the Number 2 guy his rookie year and if Foles goes down they have a solid backup plan for this year.

Getting to the playoffs is critical for Snisher THIS year and I think that is the deciding factor.

With Hundley being the 5th QB drafted well, on day 3 to boot, I have to think many teams disagree with you. Other teams that definitely needed a QB punted the position altogether instead of picking Hundley late (like the Bills, Browns, etc). Strange to say the least...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Hundley fan but in the 3rd round a qb pick is fairly low risk. The Rams drafted run blockers so Foles is going to see pressure. The key for the Rams will be avoiding offensive penalties to avoid obvious passing downs. Mannion seems redundant which makes me think they have no confidence in Austin Davis

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hundley being the 5th QB drafted well, on day 3 to boot, I have to think many teams disagree with you. Other teams that definitely needed a QB punted the position altogether instead of picking Hundley late (like the Bills, Browns, etc). Strange to say the least...
Both of those two teams you say 'punted' shops have first round QB's in their stable from 2013 (EJ Manual) & 2014 (Johnny Manziel) respectively, right? So there are some dynamics going on there.

Next, passing on Hundley until day three doesn't necessarily indicate teams disagreeing with me. When you have two Heisman QB's going 1 & 2 it sort of put him back a bit. I do think the sack total held him back as well and I also believe the perception of him waiting another year backfired on him. He was easily a late 1st or 2nd rounder in last years QB class. I mean you had Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr and Garoppolo all going in the first two rounds. Those QB's selected so high probably turned off teams to QB's with a few questions marks in this years draft.

Again, only time will tell but my whole point is Hundley's upside is far outweighed by many an expert to a lot of these QB's listed here in this post alone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds on a day 3 QB ever becoming a valid starter are extremely poor. Either the "experts" were wrong or the teams were wrong, remains to be seen.

I doubt Manziel or Manuel had much impact on whether their teams drafted another QB. If the Browns or Bills had been in position to draft either of the top 2 QBs, they would've done so, especially the Bills. The Bills seemed to treat their draft as a bonus, spending picks on openings that might happen a year or two down the line.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you just begin to see your Bulls season come closer to the end, they are all crowded in the boat ready to set sail into the off season.