• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 football season thread

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington (the RB) needs to grow up here, I know he got hurt last week but I'm getting tired for this kid to start running with power, Gaskin has come in and proven he deserves carries, but it would be nice to have that bigger back to give Gaskin breathers and pound away on defenses

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how it was that Carta-Samuels gave us the best chance on that last drive over Lindquist. I don't care if Lindquist can't throw 20 yards down the field (I have no idea if Lindquist has a weak arm, or not... we have never seen him throw the ball, that I remember), he at least has the maturity and experience to have a chance there. It was completely obvious from the instant K.J. stepped on the field for that last drive that the moment was WAY too big for him.
Lindquist isn't good... if he was anywhere near decent, he would have won the starting job over a true freshman this year. He was beat out by Cyler Miles all of last year. Let that sink in for a minute, then reevaluate your question...

And we have seen him throw, remember that game in Hawaii? It wasn't good...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys, that was the best offensive night I've seen in Husky stadium in nearly two years.

And Browning is for sure looking like the best QB the program has had since maybe Tui and the best passer since Brock.

As great as it is to see this development happen right before our eyes, I can't help but keep thinking about next year. This unit will be together without losing major chunks for at least two more full seasons after this one.

I
Just
Can't
Wait

The W is back in UW.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys, that was the best offensive night I've seen in Husky stadium in nearly two years.

And Browning is for sure looking like the best QB the program has had since maybe Tui and the best passer since Brock.

As great as it is to see this development happen right before our eyes, I can't help but keep thinking about next year. This unit will be together without losing major chunks for at least two more full seasons after this one.

I
Just
Can't
Wait

The W is back in UW.
Exciting times we're in.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs targets on the outside, fox sports guys were talking about it last night, and you have to agree, they need speed on the outside to give Browning a deep threat......

He (Browning) looked like a 5th year starter last night, some of those passes in tight coverage, holy crap they were dead on....Exciting times!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs targets on the outside, fox sports guys were talking about it last night, and you have to agree, they need speed on the outside to give Browning a deep threat......

He (Browning) looked like a 5th year starter last night, some of those passes in tight coverage, holy crap they were dead on....Exciting times!
John
Ross
:fap:

Honestly, they have speed, but still young. A couple of those guys have a chance to be great. Time will tell.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John
Ross
:fap:

Honestly, they have speed, but still young. A couple of those guys have a chance to be great. Time will tell.

It was right after the start the second half, Mickins dropped one, Pettis dropped one, they started in about the lack of catches, then next series they caught every thing for the 4th TD, I would like to see couple 6'4 guys out there with blazing speed, it would open the middle of the field for Jake....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously it has been a great season so far watching Browning grow, though I really hope they don't settle and go find another QB to grow behind Jake but can come in if Jake goes down, Oregon's biggest issue this season, no quality depth behind Adams, I think it caught them of guard

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was right after the start the second half, Mickins dropped one, Pettis dropped one, they started in about the lack of catches, then next series they caught every thing for the 4th TD, I would like to see couple 6'4 guys out there with blazing speed, it would open the middle of the field for Jake....
Speaking of that, I watched some of the old miss/auburn game and just shook my head watching stringfellow lighting up the field.

We are lacking depth in the receiving game, but it's because of Ross' injury and Stringfellow being a fucking douche. We had the kids we needed to be dangerous, just shit happens.

Watch out for #81 the rest of the way if you are looking at that big possession type receiver. Lenius has shown a few flashes. He's listed at 6'5" and 220. I've seen him go get a couple of tough catches this year. He's just still very young and raw.

There are several speedsters, ross, and lenius that should make next year a more potent offense. It's only Perkins they are losing that drops us down a peg IMO. I'm not going to miss Mickens all that much sadly. To me Pettis is Mickens 2.0 as it is. Same type of receiver.

They do have some other TE's that could be special, but none have made a name for themselves yet with Perkins taking all the heavy load on pass receiving from that position.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a true freshman out at wide out last night, ( made a hell of a catch) can't remember his name, but he looked good....

I would rather see Petersen get his skill position guys on this team then what Sark had brought in, not a shot at Sark but some of his guys seem to be about themselves instead of the team....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for TE, well the "Harbor" hasn't produced a UW product at the position in a long time, and in the old days Coach James would get some great TE's out there....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a true freshman out at wide out last night, ( made a hell of a catch) can't remember his name, but he looked good....

I would rather see Petersen get his skill position guys on this team then what Sark had brought in, not a shot at Sark but some of his guys seem to be about themselves instead of the team....
It wasn't the kids, it was the methods. Look at how undisciplined USC's very high talent is/was under his systems. Petersen is all about those fundamentals and playing sound disciplined football. Refreshing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only have 1 -
Beat Utah at home next week to get within 1 game of bowl eligible and keep your all time record against them complete at 9-0
Or Beat ASU on the road the following week to still get within 1 game and end their streak of like 9 games winning in a row or whatever it is.

You can't have both, and whichever you lose to it's by 10 points.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have to love this kids poise.
He shows no emotion after his own great plays, and yet he was the first person to greet Lindquist on the sideline after he scored a TD. He's just such a natural leader out there. It's hard to believe he's just a redshirt freshman. It really it.
UW's Jake Browning

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Browning ended the game with a 213.7 QBR for the game. I wonder when the last time any UW QB broke 200 rating for a game. Did Price ever have a day like that? :noidea:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only have 1 -
Beat Utah at home next week to get within 1 game of bowl eligible and keep your all time record against them complete at 9-0
Or Beat ASU on the road the following week to still get within 1 game and end their streak of like 9 games winning in a row or whatever it is.

:scratch: Utah at home...... But damn it, I honestly feel they can win both.......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is damn good, you can't over look it, they haven't been blown out like Dawgs teams of the past, they keep you in it....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Utah at home...... But damn it, I honestly feel they can win both.......
I'd take the Utah game as well, but mostly because I'll be at that one lol. Always a better ride home after a victory.

Winning either helps to validate their progress. Winning both would show an insane amount of progress IMO.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only have 1 -

Utah. Get another big win against a ranked team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another road win would mean just as much as a home win vs a ranked team, particularly when we are favored to win it.