• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 football season thread

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another road win would mean just as much as a home win vs a ranked team, particularly when we are favored to win it.
I have a solution, let's just win them both.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, UW totally gave that one away. Very poor ball control was the difference.

There are no mortal victories in football. The offense is good enough to move the ball at this level and can score enough points to beat pretty much anyone in the conference. They have been their own worst enemy for much of this season. It feels like they are wasting such a stout defensive effort game after game.

Yeah yeah, they look great for the future. Anyone else tired of playing young and looking forward to the future? When does it finally arrive ffs.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna change the topic, Lindquest... I am so sick an tired of seem them throw him out there, at one point last night with camera's on Browning, you could tell the kid was pissed he was on the sideline. KJR even had an article about it and the coaches said it was because Jeff is a captain, news flash guys, he got beat out by the freshman, he had his chance and now its Browning's team, so stop messing with the flow of the offense...:gaah:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna change the topic, Lindquest... I am so sick an tired of seem them throw him out there, at one point last night with camera's on Browning, you could tell the kid was pissed he was on the sideline. KJR even had an article about it and the coaches said it was because Jeff is a captain, news flash guys, he got beat out by the freshman, he had his chance and now its Browning's team, so stop messing with the flow of the offense...:gaah:
Ridiculous. I was listening to the post game on the way home when softy read that comment right after they got it. Just when I'm starting to feel better about Smith, he says some BS like that. But, that can't be all smith either...

Hearing him basically say 'we're gonna stick with it until it works because he's a good kid and we want to find a way to get him in the game' just made me want to shit my pants with rage. So, never mind keeping the guy who earned the spot and gives to the best chance to convert on 3rd down out there, thus guy's a good kid who stuck around and stayed positive when he was beat out by a freshman, because in reality he sucks.

Doesn't that just make you feel all nice?:gaah:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And jesus christ, if you're going to insist on doing it, at least get a little creative with it. Anytime he steps on the field you know one of two things are coming, read option or some kind of quarterback dive. Which I get, it doesn't make sense to put your 3rd string QB in to pass... :gaah:

So I guess if you want to just be as predictable as possible and hope you can will your way to something good coming from it, it's a great plan to stick with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Smith has done so far is prove he can game plan/call a game against a sub par defense. Well we knew that already from his days at Montana and BSU. They beat USC despite having shitty offensive play. Couldn't convert on 3 turnovers in the first quarter inside the 30? :L And every loss IMO is on that offense. Offense handed Utah at least 14 of their points, and arguably more with some of those bad turnovers.

You can't blame the staff for the dropped balls, except well maybe stop going to the kids that are dropping it every damned game on critical 3rd downs. :tsk:

We know the offense is young. Everyone gets that, but this staff does some of the dumbest things we've seen such as running both of the other QB's out just to let the other team know we are for sure going to give you a running play to defend. They've botched clock management in a couple of games that cost them wins. There are times where it seems like they are going to keep running the same play every series until they force it to work which is just maddening. At times they seem to only know like 3 running plays, two of them inside A gap plays and the attempt at going to the outside edge. You don't see any stretch zones so defenses can just sit home over the center and make sure their LB's watch for the edges and it's home free. Yet we will run them over and over again.

The only real bright spot is the creative play of Browning. His mistakes are understandable albeit still frustrating, but without him those losses are blow outs and they don't end up winning the USC game.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was disgusting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That staff has no concept of how to rally their team late. None. Zero point zero.
Browning overthrew every deep pass again early. Is he afraid to underthrow or something? Rather he be long than short, but how about just hitting a few now and then.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of WR's not having enough speed to line up and run a simple slant route and get separation is costing this offense, they need a serious infusion of younger wide out's that aren't afraid of contact at the line and speed...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know they need help at WR, but it's the constant turnovers and failure to hit the deep balls that have been killing them. They are moving the ball.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He, (being Jake) needs to grab one of these young and upcoming WR's and work every day together during the offseason, throwing the ball up learning his wide outs cans and cant's, its timing that's all it is, and as to your comment about Jake thrown longer then shorter, he's been coached up, (high school he came from produces some very talented arms) he puts the ball where its only catchable by the wide out, ( well except yesterday) though I honestly felt the shadows at Sun Devil stadium caused so of those picks...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the overthrows looked catchable. A couple went through or off fingertips. I know those are difficult catches, but they were catchable, just too much to expect Mickens et al to make a difficult catch, or even one off the facemask, every now and then...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't know about the staff not being able to rally the team late. They've played great in the second half (minus one game now), and had a chance to win late in every game. Yes there have been some time management issues, and other mistakes have killed those chances. I wouldn't call that a lack of ability to rally late though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Miller from ESPN gives us a pretty accurate set of grades for the 2015 season.

2015 Pac-12 season grades: Washington

And sums it up well for expectations for 2016. Stay ranked and beat the Yucks.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Miller from ESPN gives us a pretty accurate set of grades for the 2015 season.

2015 Pac-12 season grades: Washington

And sums it up well for expectations for 2016. Stay ranked and beat the Yucks.

I think it's a "fair" report card.

I believe they will continue to grow, I think the OCS is perfect for them, now's not the time to be playing Big Shot schools, build there confidence early and take a hard run into conference play.

This offseason is key, no kids getting kicked off the team, and they hit spring ball ahead of the curve with the add practices of the bowl game this year.