• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Entry Draft Thread

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On a side note, Just read that david pollock is retiring... Super bummer. I always liked his pieces...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irwin to Boston for 800k. Strange, seems like he is well worth that amount or more given what he can give you on the PP and offensively. That's near league min, so Im pretty surprised he couldnt do better. Its actually a great career move for him though. He only gets 800k this year, but he could have a very big year in boston. Chara, Seidenberg, Krug are the top 3, but then they are pretty thin after trading dougie hamilton. Mcquaid and Millar played 18mins/gm each last year, so they may get more, but replacing hamilton with Irwin means irwin will get real minutes. Not to mention chara is fading fast and seidenberg is not that far beind, so Irwin may even get a top 4 role, and may get #1 PP time with Krug.

To be honest, if he gets a real shot, he may play 20+ mins and put up 40 points this year. As happy as I'd be for him if he does, it kinda sucks to throw him away in favor of Dillon who gets 16+M and looked far worse than Irwin in most every category. This is gunna be a very interesting comparison throughout the year and could end up one of dougie's biggest goofs...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Irwin will be a regular in the Boston line up for very long unless there are injuries. He will probably head to Europe in a year or two.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erhoff & Oduya signing with Chicago? W T F!?!?!?! :wtf:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts on that one, he got traded to I think Minnie last season so he could be close to his wife and kids upon his request
Just a name I heard floating around

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I kind of forgot about Ben smith I think he might be a nice surprise this season as well

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Erhoff & Oduya signing with Chicago? W T F!?!?!?! :wtf:
You high man?? That shit hasnt happened... and I doubt it will... if it does, your the first person on the internet to break that news, and cap cutting Chicago will now have 8 Dmen... yeaaaa ummm not happening...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I kind of forgot about Ben smith I think he might be a nice surprise this season as well

Kids a beast.... Think of him as a utility player on a baseball team... I like to compare him to Warren Newson on the 90s Chi Sox teams... The Deacon... Great at nothing, good at everything and gives it his all no matter what slot you put him at... Shit, if they wanted to make Smith a left handed shot Dman, he would do it, and do it good... Basically, hes one of the best bottom 6 guys in the league you can have... hes an off the radar guy that like you said, you forgot about... he doesnt impress, but he doesnt fuck up and he will put up numbers that he should for the role he is in

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockeybuzz.com is reporting a BIG trade may happen for Sharks. :noidea:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, I think they also reported that an olympic men's decathelete turned himself into a woman? oh... wait...

What you see is what you get. Assuming Torres is not ready to go, the sharks have 13 forwards with respectable depth and mix of vets and rooks, so the rooks will all compete for maybe 1 spot (Goodrow or Brown). Not much chance of anyone making the roster barring injury. Goldobin will start for the cuda, and Sommer will spend the first month or two working on his D and trying to make a well rounded, two-way player out of him. He will be on the short list of call ups, particularly if a top 9 forward goes down (goldobin is obviously not built to be a 4th liner)

The D will feature the obvious 5 with mueller and tennyson rounding it out. Based on dougie's comments, Id be shocked to see mueller start for the Cuda. Tennyson is the likely #7, cuz they suddenly are very high on Demelo (in the land of the blind, the one eyed defenseman is king), and I would figure him to be a top pairing dman there, and first call up in case of injury. So the D is, I would say with 90+% probability, all set. Only Mcnally has an outside chance of throwing a curveball, but thats more likely as the #8 Dman in competition with demelo (1st call up), not likely to break the roster. In net, jones-stalock (in that order).

The team is set. Dougie sees no areas of weakness to build upon. Maybe a journeyman Dman on a 2-way contract for insurance. However, I also think dougie wants to keep his 1M in cap space, as if Torres is hurt, and he keeps the 1M, he can acquire a 3-5M type player at the deadline, since initial cap space is close to tripled by that time. I expect dougie wants to keep that flexibility.

So, I would expect silence for the next two months. The only news, as I see it, is whether torres is healthy come training camp. Beyond that, nothing likely.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dougie is packed up and on vacation. He has to work on his tan. He was looking a lighter shade of leather during his last presser.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockeybuzz.com 3rd day in a row that has a BIG rumor about a deal may happen for Sharks. :noidea:

I don't see much of a deal happening unless its Couture getting moved out for a true #1 dman.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hockeybuzz.com 3rd day in a row that has a BIG rumor about a deal may happen for Sharks. :noidea:

I don't see much of a deal happening unless its Couture getting moved out for a true #1 dman.

Yeah, the next thing Eklund gets right could be the first. LOL.
But I'm a sucker and still hope something is up.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There has been a rumor floating around for some time of a Couture for Seth Jones trade but I haven't seen any legit sources report it. Mainly hear say from bloggers like hockeybuzz.

This latest stuff from hockeybuzz is supposedly the Sharks are chasing Okposo.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There has been a rumor floating around for some time of a Couture for Seth Jones trade but I haven't seen any legit sources report it. Mainly hear say from bloggers like hockeybuzz.

This latest stuff from hockeybuzz is supposedly the Sharks are chasing Okposo.

Fuck that if its Okposo.... And if its for Jones... Ummm personally I think Hamilton is better than Jones, so why would they be willing to give up Coots for Jones and not for Hamilton... Bottom line tho its Eklund, so it has as much truth to it as me typing that im getting a BJ as I respond to this... Eklund - "Giving Sharks fans false how for years that Doug has a brain"

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck that if its Okposo.... And if its for Jones... Ummm personally I think Hamilton is better than Jones, so why would they be willing to give up Coots for Jones and not for Hamilton... Bottom line tho its Eklund, so it has as much truth to it as me typing that im getting a BJ as I respond to this... Eklund - "Giving Sharks fans false how for years that Doug has a brain"
Jones' upsides surpasses hamiltons by a large margin if that trade was offered you do it without question