• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft Thread.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reportedly had a bad hammy so maybe they think he is really faster, but yes, suspect time for a corner.
Yeah ran on a torn hammy, ran a 4.4 4.5 at his pro day. Apparently also never had a deep ball completed on him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn and we signed John Harris??? SHit We did well at WR!!! Thats a poor mans Anquan Bolden

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have the full list of who we have signed? We need offensive linemen.

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really going to get rid of Kendricks to draft Hicks? Uh wtf

Jordan Hicks looks like the real deal. He hits the ball carrier like he owes him money. Once he gets some more meat on him he will be a force whether on ST or down the road on the defense. I like this pick for depth and possible starter in future.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Hicks looks like the real deal. He hits the ball carrier like he owes him money. Once he gets some more meat on him he will be a force whether on ST or down the road on the defense. I like this pick for depth and possible starter in future.

Like I said in other threads -- it's not Hicks that I'm mad at, I think he'll turn into a good player as well. I just think Kendricks is already a good player on the verge of being a star. It's obvious Kendricks isn't in the Eagles future and that's what's upsetting.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in other threads -- it's not Hicks that I'm mad at, I think he'll turn into a good player as well. I just think Kendricks is already a good player on the verge of being a star. It's obvious Kendricks isn't in the Eagles future and that's what's upsetting.

No question Kelly is re-making this roster to his liking. Gone are high talent, but perhaps low commitment, low intelligence types like Shady, DJAX and Kendricks (Although I am surprised he fits that category). Kelly evidently views that type of "wiring" as flashy, and often good, but lacking the drive or intelligence to get the team to the Super Bowl.

I get the impression that Kelly's draft board may have had about half the names simply crossed off of it as being not his kind of guy. Take Lael Collins for example. If Kelly really like the kid, I think he would have drafted him late. It was not a risk/reward balance, but more of a black and white analysis of whether the player fits his culture....Nothing to do with the murder investigation. TJ Clemmings was another OL the experts were high on that dropped a long ways. But from what I hear, people questioned his mental makeup after the Senior Bowl. For Kelly, it wasn't which round to pick him in, but rather a simple, not my kind of guy and we aren't drafting him period.

So the Cowboys end up with arguably 3 first round picks, but arguably two of those guys the Eagles were never going to draft or sign at any price.

While I do favor the Kelly way in this, I do not rule out success from the Cowboy way. Sometimes its about going against the grain.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Kelly is re-making this roster to his liking. Gone are high talent, but perhaps low commitment, low intelligence types like Shady, DJAX and Kendricks (Although I am surprised he fits that category). Kelly evidently views that type of "wiring" as flashy, and often good, but lacking the drive or intelligence to get the team to the Super Bowl.

I get the impression that Kelly's draft board may have had about half the names simply crossed off of it as being not his kind of guy. Take Lael Collins for example. If Kelly really like the kid, I think he would have drafted him late. It was not a risk/reward balance, but more of a black and white analysis of whether the player fits his culture....Nothing to do with the murder investigation. TJ Clemmings was another OL the experts were high on that dropped a long ways. But from what I hear, people questioned his mental makeup after the Senior Bowl. For Kelly, it wasn't which round to pick him in, but rather a simple, not my kind of guy and we aren't drafting him period.

So the Cowboys end up with arguably 3 first round picks, but arguably two of those guys the Eagles were never going to draft or sign at any price.

While I do favor the Kelly way in this, I do not rule out success from the Cowboy way. Sometimes its about going against the grain.

This was extremely evident a long time ago…lol. Everything I've read or seen, Kendricks is an extremely hard worker with good intelligence on and off the field. Hard to tell what's really going on behind closed doors though.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks not intelligent? Where id that come from? He also has good character. He just isn't one of the big guys - beating up little guys..

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks not intelligent? Where id that come from? He also has good character. He just isn't one of the big guys - beating up little guys..

He's one of the few ILB'ers who went head to head with D.Murray and Beastmode last year, and stopped them in their tracks. How many ILB'ers do you see do that to those two monster RBs? Kendricks also does a great job of diagnosing the play and hitting it downhill with blazing speed -- he makes a lot of plays behind the LOS and he does a good job moving through the trash. On top of that he's probably the best blitzing ILB in the league and he also plays very well in coverage. Maybe Kelly is looking for more Mufasa's and he found one in Jordan Hicks.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks: For the Love Of Family - Birds 24/7

I don't think he is a bad guy, but it seems he is a bit strange. He also said alot of good things about DJAX. Excellent player, but not cerebral, and not necessarily a role model. I expect he will play this year, but that Kelly has reservations about giving him the big contract. If you get the big second contract, you better be a team leader and role model.