• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Trade Deadline Deals

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are loading for Bear.

I expect a franchise to address what they think they need when they think they have a good chance to win, does it always work out? of course not but neither do prospects. You have to take your shot when its presented, it falls apart quickly and getting it back isn't so easy even when you are loaded with top picks in your lineup

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I expect a franchise to address what they think they need when they think they have a good chance to win, does it always work out? of course not but neither do prospects. You have to take your shot when its presented, it falls apart quickly and getting it back isn't so easy even when you are loaded with top picks in your lineup

Good point but the other issue is being cap strapped going forward. With contracts coming due and money tied up elsewhere you need prospects while you can get them on the cheap.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but there is "almost" always a team willing to take your bad contracts. If you add NMC/NTC to them all you kind of get what you deserve. I don't think the Hawks have had a pick before 3rd round in a couple years and I don't think they get any next draft either....I wouldn't care if I was a Hawk fan, potential 4th cup in 7 years is all I need to know, if its followed by a decade of mediocre hockey meh I would be pretty excited as I am as a Kings fan.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Purcell can be scratched off the list

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow didn't see that coming, everything I read had said the agreement was in place for LA. Purcell would be a depth forward and just hold fort for Gaborik to come back. Panthers already got Hudler so so he too is off the list. McGinn (Buffalo) and Erickson (Boston) still in play.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a lot of people are confused outside of this forum as to why you would deal Erhoff for Scuds. First, Erhoff couldn't beat out the Mcstiffs, second Scuds like Shenn only has to simplify and play responsibly. Scuds isn't here to "make a big splash", just eat some minutes without being a liability. If he cant cut it any longer whats the big deal? Its not like the Kings actually gave up anything at all to get a look at him. Of course these people all still think Shenn is worthless

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get how they intend to use Scuderi (and I do think Schenn has been an excellent edition).
I do not get why you would do anything to help Chicago in ANY way. I live in Chicago and I know they absolutely hate Scuderi and his being signed for this and next year means they have salary cap hits for a guy they are never going to use. Ehrhof is going to be a URF. I know Hawks paying part of Scuderi's cap hit this and next year but I have a principle you NEVER EVER help your #1 rival in any way. And this trade did.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going to move him one way or another, I don't see this deal helping the Hawks much if at all. With LA taking him the Hawks still have cap hits (as does the Pens) for a guy they cant use. If he is as bad as everyone says now then its bad for LA. If he can still play the system as a b6 then this deal isn't so bad

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now talks linking LA to Versteeg, we shall see what happens

I wouldn't mind that pickup. Even tho he is smaller and not as physical as the Kings style dictates, he is usually defensively responsible and has a scoring touch. Versatile player

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that pickup. Even tho he is smaller and not as physical as the Kings style dictates, he is usually defensively responsible and has a scoring touch. Versatile player

So basically another Ehrhoff :noidea:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically another Ehrhoff :noidea:

I never said that about Erhoff, unfortunately Erhoff is probably a better dman than Versteeg

yes its funny that I say probably

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that about Erhoff, unfortunately Erhoff is probably a better dman than Versteeg

yes its funny that I say probably
I did say that Ehrhoff was too small, but Versteeg is a forward, and 20 lbs less and 3 inches shorter than Ehrhoff.

Does Mike Richards or Nick Shore work for you?