• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wolves look so much better since making Dieng a starter. Him and Towns play so well off each other. Obviously the team has a long way to go.

But the Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins/KAT/Dieng lineup is a pretty solid 4th qtr line up of guys 26 and under.
I could see them being a playoff team as early as next season, if they draft well and make smart moves in free agency. Towns is the real deal and Wiggins has had a good year(although his 3pt shooting needs to improve).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would be the funniest thing this season? If the Warriors break the Bulls record but don't win the title
What would be the great is them failing to even reach the WCF.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of haters. I'm not used to this. Mostly people just made fun of us. This is unusual.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of haters. I'm not used to this. Mostly people just made fun of us. This is unusual.

It's definitely a good sign to have a bunch of haters when we live in a hater culture, especially when the biggest (literally and figuratively) hater out there, Charles Barkley, is against your team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a good sign to have a bunch of haters when we live in a hater culture, especially when the biggest (literally and figuratively) hater out there, Charles Barkley, is against your team.

He's not a hater, he's a traditionalist. He prefers PG's who distribute and big men to score in the paint. That's just his ideal model of what a basketball team should look like. It's why he loves guys like Chris Paul and Enes Kanter.

It's also extremely strange he doesn't have love for the undersized-overachievers because he really was one. You would think a guy who was a 6'5" (generous) PF who shot threes would be more appreciative of guys who could do the same.

I honestly believe that subconsciously he believes teams that are "too small" can't win because almost always his teams were undersized and he never won. Not knocking him, but I think he just saw how dominant teams of his era were largely based upon their bigs. (Jordan excluded).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a hater, he's a traditionalist. He prefers PG's who distribute and big men to score in the paint. That's just his ideal model of what a basketball team should look like. It's why he loves guys like Chris Paul and Enes Kanter.

It's also extremely strange he doesn't have love for the undersized-overachievers because he really was one. You would think a guy who was a 6'5" (generous) PF who shot threes would be more appreciative of guys who could do the same.

I honestly believe that subconsciously he believes teams that are "too small" can't win because almost always his teams were undersized and he never won. Not knocking him, but I think he just saw how dominant teams of his era were largely based upon their bigs. (Jordan excluded).

At this point, I doubt that Barkley even believes the things that he says. He just says them because he wants the attention that will inevitably come whenever he makes ridiculous comments about the highest profile team in the game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I doubt that Barkley even believes the things that he says. He just says them because he wants the attention that will inevitably come whenever he makes ridiculous comments about the highest profile team in the game.

I'll say this about him, he's consistent. He has an ideology about basketball and sticks to his guns. Kenny is the reasonable one, and Shaq is pretty reasonable as long as it doesn't come to discussions about bigs. Charles always is fair in that he'll criticize everyone and not make exceptions for personal bias of a player. He doesn't like Cousins but frequently comments on how well he plays. The biggest positive is he hates Skip Bayless, so that makes anything he says legitimate to me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually am pulling for the Dubs. You guys have been so miserable for so long that your franchise deserves it. But hey, being on top brings people wanting to bring your team down. Heat fans went through it for a rough 4-year period. Lakers before us, and the Spurs seem to go through it every year now for the past 20 years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kawahi Leonard really get hurt in the all-star game?
That truly sucks

They don't have enough any scoring from the swingman position without Leonard and Ginobili (who can play some)

I was worried all season about the lack of depth at the 3.
Watching Rasual Butler and Kyle Anderson makes me even more worried.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kawahi Leonard really get hurt in the all-star game?
That truly sucks

They don't have enough any scoring from the swingman position without Leonard and Ginobili (who can play some)

I was worried all season about the lack of depth at the 3.
Watching Rasual Butler and Kyle Anderson makes me even more worried.

Leonard got hurt? WTF?!? When did they announce this? It's been like a week. Wish I would have known that before making picks

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard got hurt? WTF?!? When did they announce this? It's been like a week. Wish I would have known that before making picks

Calf tightness. Nothing serious. Likely just more of the Pop resting players game.