• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Stephen A. report, so take it for what it's worth. He reported that Jeanie Buss may clean house after the season. He said that she may force Jim out and that Mitch would follow shortly after that.

He also said that Phil would likely return to the Lakers and that Dolan is likely to let him out of his deal if he wants to return to L.A. Rumor also is that Byron may be out at the end of the season with Luke and Thibs competing to coach the Lakers.

Have no problem if she forces Jim out and fires Byron. I'd like to see her keep Mitch, but it's likely that if Phil returns to the Lakers it will be as GM, so Mitch would likely have to be willing to take a demotion. Not sure how "co-GM's" might work given the size of Phil's ego.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Stephen A. report, so take it for what it's worth. He reported that Jeanie Buss may clean house after the season. He said that she may force Jim out and that Mitch would follow shortly after that.

He also said that Phil would likely return to the Lakers and that Dolan is likely to let him out of his deal if he wants to return to L.A. Rumor also is that Byron may be out at the end of the season with Luke and Thibs competing to coach the Lakers.

Have no problem if she forces Jim out and fires Byron. I'd like to see her keep Mitch, but it's likely that if Phil returns to the Lakers it will be as GM, so Mitch would likely have to be willing to take a demotion. Not sure how "co-GM's" might work given the size of Phil's ego.

I thought Jim said he got until 2017 to make a playoff run. (1 more season)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jim said he got until 2017 to make a playoff run. (1 more season)

Yeah, he supposedly has one more year. I think that's why it was worded as something she may do as opposed to will do. There must be something going on, besides the teams record for her to be considering this.

My guess would be that she may be worried about how successful the upcoming FA period will be with Jim still in his role as President of Basketball Operations. I have a feeling that LaMarcus Aldridge saying the Lakers didn't discuss enough about their basketball plans still bothers her. It made them look clueless.

While Mitch and Jeanie are well respected around the NBA, Jim isn't. Removing Jim and replacing him with Phil would mean they now have respected people in arguably the 3 most important FO roles.

Jeanie learned the business from her father. His philosophy was that you hire the best people you can, pay them well and get the hell out of their way. Jim seems less willing to follow that blueprint.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs look tired AF. Missing everything. Wtf.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS really took care of the ball tonight.

The SPURS barely turned it over all night. Miami could not get any extra possessions.
That was key. The HEAT were hitting every shot they took all night.

Miami kept it close by shooting 58%, but they were still not a lot of easy baskets for them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah and Dallas is really good.

119-119 with 38 seconds left in OT#1

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Gordon Hayward with the buzzer beater. Good shit man

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole shit that happened back in Milwaukee with the Warriors back in December still gets under my skin. Seeing the Warriors bench excessive celebrations in every game but the one time a team celebrates against them it is an issue.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole shit that happened back in Milwaukee with the Warriors back in December still gets under my skin. Seeing the Warriors bench excessive celebrations in every game but the one time a team celebrates against them it is an issue.
They can dish out the taunting and celebrating but can't take it when another team does it and beats them. I really want to see them fail to win the championship this year and see how they react, would probably call it "4 lucky games".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see Phil returning.....and its pretty encouraging he nailed that Porzingis pick like he did.....im telling you- if the Lakers are PATIENT....in a couple years its gonna be a lot of fun around there...

i have no clue what is going to happen if say they went out and signed DeRozan and say Horford and spent all their money this offseason- obviously they would be a lot better- and i think they have some other assets and the young guys to build around those 2- but it iwll be very interesting....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Phil returning.....and its pretty encouraging he nailed that Porzingis pick like he did.....im telling you- if the Lakers are PATIENT....in a couple years its gonna be a lot of fun around there...

i have no clue what is going to happen if say they went out and signed DeRozan and say Horford and spent all their money this offseason- obviously they would be a lot better- and i think they have some other assets and the young guys to build around those 2- but it iwll be very interesting....

Yeah, a lot of different ways they can go. I agree, this should be a fun team to watch in a couple of years. In their own way, they are fun to watch now. The young guys are starting to figure some things out and they are staying in more games. Once these kids actually learn how to play, they might have something.

I don't know how interested they truly are in DeRozan. We're coming down to the all-star break and virtually every FA or player on the trade block is/will be rumored to be going to the Lakers. I think their primary FA targets will be 1. Durant (duh) 2. Horford 3. Whiteside.

DeRozan may end up in the mix if they lose the lottery pick and strike out on KD. They need an SF since their current SF is a 37 year old SG and DeRozan can play SF. If they keep the lottery pick (the top 2 or 3 picks look to be SF's) and/or get KD, they no longer need an SF.

I wouldn't mind getting him if the first 2 options don't pan out, but not at $26 million. To me, if they end up giving DeRozan that much, it means Jeanie decided to give Jim his last season and he's desperately trying to get them to the playoffs to keep from being forced out/having to step down.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durant will be target #1 obviously. If he chooses to sign a 1 & 1 with the Thunder, the Lakers will be sure to have the cap space in 2017 to sign Durant and Westbrook. It will certainly be an interesting offseason. Even more so if they hold onto that top-3 pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will be target #1 obviously. If he chooses to sign a 1 & 1 with the Thunder, the Lakers will be sure to have the cap space in 2017 to sign Durant and Westbrook. It will certainly be an interesting offseason. Even more so if they hold onto that top-3 pick.
if they hold onto that top 3 pick and have patience- and Durant signs the 1 and 1- the offseason of 2017 would be VERY VERY interesting.

I would have no qualms if Durant said- i signed long term deals here multiple times, ive spent 10 years of my career- i just want a new experience even though i love and appreciate okc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously Magic's career was cut substantially short when he was diagnosed with HIV at the age of 32---- but after reading that ESPN article where he is ranked 4th all time- i learned that Magic Johnson NEVER missed the NBA Finals 2 years in a row!

DAYUMMM!!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously Magic's career was cut substantially short when he was diagnosed with HIV at the age of 32---- but after reading that ESPN article where he is ranked 4th all time- i learned that Magic Johnson NEVER missed the NBA Finals 2 years in a row!

DAYUMMM!!!!

Yeah, Magic made it to the finals 9 times in his career. 8 times with the Showtime Lakers and once more in '90-'91, with a team that really had no business getting that far, when MJ got his first title.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. IT WAS A DISGRACE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER !!!!

(This is only Part 1 --- I'll post Part 2 of the series if anyone argues with me!!)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the Spurs want to play like shit? Couldn't do this last night?