• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its very ridiculous to rest anyone who is 25 years old in January. You can disagree with me and that's fine but I think just about everyone who's been watching bball for close to 30 plus years like myself would agree resting someone Draymond's age in January is ridiculous.
LOL if you say so....but the Warriors must know something you & all the others you mention that know more because you've watched bball for 30 plus years don't....just sayin.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the cavs in 90 minutes.

As of now, Mo Williams is the only player from either team expected to be out for the game.
This is one of those games where I wish neither team could win. :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you say so....but the Warriors must know something you & all the others you mention that know more because you've watched bball for 30 plus years don't....just sayin.

If you don't see the reason why anyone would be against a 25 year old getting rest less than halfway into the season, I don't know what to tell you so therefore it is pointless to have this discussion with you.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those games where I wish neither team could win. :D
Well, the Spurs winning tonight could have a direct impact on the Warriors seeding... so you should definitely be a big Cavs fan tonight :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't see the reason why anyone would be against a 25 year old getting rest less than halfway into the season, I don't know what to tell you so therefore it is pointless to have this discussion with you.
And if you don't understand why someone like myself would see it as EARNED time off for a guy that has only gotten better since becoming a champion last season then I agree that this is a pointless discussion.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Spurs winning tonight could have a direct impact on the Warriors seeding... so you should definitely be a big Cavs fan tonight :D
Hahahahahaha you don't really believe that, do you?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem a bit unusual to be resting young guys this early in the season, but I don't think that necessarily means it's a bad thing either. Back in the day, you didn't see young guys resting this early, but they did a lot of things differently back then, some good, some not so good. For that matter, they didn't used to rest the older guys early in the season either until Pop started doing it.

Despite the Warriors opening the season 24-0 or whatever, they are only 2.5 games ahead of the Spurs for best record and HCA throughout the playoffs. It is more important for the Warriors to have HCA than it is for the Spurs. They may figure they're likely to be in a dogfight at the end of the season trying to hang on to HCA and won't have the option of resting players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you don't understand why someone like myself would see it as EARNED time off for a guy that has only gotten better since becoming a champion last season then I agree that this is a pointless discussion.

Okay I'll give him that 1 game off. If he takes another night off just to relax though I'm gonna call him a slacker!:nod:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'll give him that 1 game off. If he takes another night off just to relax though I'm gonna call him a slacker!:nod:
Well be prepared to stand by your word because I think he may be sitting out tonight's game against the Lakers. I'm pretty sure it's not just a coincidence that he was rested against Den & now possibly LAL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well be prepared to stand by your word because I think he may be sitting out tonight's game against the Lakers. I'm pretty sure it's not just a coincidence that he was rested against Den & now possibly LAL.

The Dubs could sit Curry, Green, Thompson & have Luke Walton start @ SF & still beat the Lakers!

:bolt:

:peep:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs could sit Curry, Green, Thompson & have Luke Walton start @ SF & still beat the Lakers!

:bolt:

:peep:
Well they have started to win as of lately so the Dubs probably don't want to go that far. LOL

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt he would. He usually only rest guys during a b2b set or 3 rd game in 4 nights or 4th game in 5 nights situation. This is their 3rd game in 4 nights but they get 2 days off after tonight so i expect to see everyone play

Good...this should be a good matchup.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not ridiculous when a guy has played as hard as Draymond does.

He's put up the most triple double stats this year so far & his team has only lost 3 games out of 39. I would say it's well EARNED rest & not ridiculous at all!

There are plenty of opportunities to rest between games. These guys are elite level athletes. Draymond is 25 years old. They get paid to play. Fans pay to see them play, not rest. It's not good for the product.

That's why you have to respect Kobe, whether you like him or not. Dude always played when he could, even through injuries. Kobe respected the fans. At 30 years old, his 13th season in the league, Kobe played all 82 games of the regular season and lead the Lakers to a title.

Bunch of pussies these days.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earned time off :L Isn't that called the off-season?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's okay to rest guys if they are the lifeblood of your Team, fragile or oft-injured.

I don't think the Warriors nor Cavs could survive a serious injury to their Star guards.

* and win the chip *

So, I'm okay with resting Kyrie and Curry any chance they get.

But, Green?

Yeah, thats a bunch of bullshit if he's not injured.

Pop started this trend.

But, his players were 167 years old, not 25.

I tripped out yesterdAy when I saw that garbage lineup the Mavs fielded against the Thunder.

They didn't play all 5 Starters....Wtf?

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to get salty. Obviously the Warriors, who know 10x more about basketball than you do, think this is a good idea. This is what they do for a living.

On the other hand, Draymond himself really wants to play and is nagging them to let him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's okay to rest guys if they are the lifeblood of your Team, fragile or oft-injured.

I don't think the Warriors nor Cavs could survive a serious injury to their Star guards.

* and win the chip *

So, I'm okay with resting Kyrie and Curry any chance they get.

But, Green?

Yeah, that a bunch of bullshit if he's not injured.

Pop started this trend.

But, his players were 167 years old, not 25.

I tripped out yesterdAy when I saw that garbage lineup the Mavs fielded against the Thunder.

They didn't play all 5 Starters....Wtf?

Yeah that's why you can't really compare the 2. Pop rest his older guys.

And yeah the Mavs started that garbage this year as well. It makes me sick

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem a bit unusual to be resting young guys this early in the season, but I don't think that necessarily means it's a bad thing either. Back in the day, you didn't see young guys resting this early, but they did a lot of things differently back then, some good, some not so good. For that matter, they didn't used to rest the older guys early in the season either until Pop started doing it.

Despite the Warriors opening the season 24-0 or whatever, they are only 2.5 games ahead of the Spurs for best record and HCA throughout the playoffs. It is more important for the Warriors to have HCA than it is for the Spurs. They may figure they're likely to be in a dogfight at the end of the season trying to hang on to HCA and won't have the option of resting players.

It'll be interesting last week of the season, the Spurs and Warriors play each other twice then....seeding will likely be in play, but then what about resting guys right before the playoffs?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to get salty. Obviously the Warriors, who know 10x more about basketball than you do, think this is a good idea. This is what they do for a living.

On the other hand, Draymond himself really wants to play and is nagging them to let him.

The Hawks thought it was a good idea last year also....turned out great for them

And I'm not salty. I'm just stating the obvious. I would feel the same way if Miami did this to any player outside of Wade even back when we had Lebron. This resting garbage so far in advance of the playoffs makes me sick

There is a reason only Warriors fans don't see an issue with resting Green in January.