• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man thats awful...im gonna look it up...i mean- now that you guys mention it- its kinda ringing a bell....that was along time ago though.....

so long in fact- 2007 was the last time the Cavs were in the Finals- the Indians were in the ALCS, the Browns won 10 games that year- i lived in an apartment a couple blocks away from Progressive Field and never had a more successful year with the ladies...it was a GOOD year....all thinks likely to never- or RARELY ever converge together again..lol

Yeah, it was a sad situation. Apparently, the guy who died was one of his closest friends. Certainly wasn't intentional on his part, but he was negligent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the assholes werent wearing seat belts...why would you wear a seatbelt? ..... such a waste

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the assholes werent wearing seat belts...why would you wear a seatbelt? ..... such a waste

Yeah, I just don't get how some people still don't wear them. And I'm someone who used to hate wearing a seatbelt. I was actually pissed when it was made a law. Now, it's automatic.

My daughter changed my thinking about that when she was about 4. She asked why I don't wear a seatbelt and followed with "If you had a wreck, you could die and I'd miss you." Made sure to wear one ever since.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside got tackled by McDermott. No reaction at all.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they called flagrant? The NBA is fucking sad and soft.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your an NBA GM and your trying to decide where to dedicate between 18-24% of your entire payroll for the next 4 years- and

you have Tristan Thompson- a guy who is the NBA leader in consecutive games played, never gets hurt, is an A+ teammate, has an A+ attitude, proved that he could rise to the occasion in the playoffs, who is an A rebounder, an A+ offensive rebounder, a versatile defender that can extend out to the perimeter, and who is still young enough where he could make major improvements- not only that- but the Best Player in the World loves playing with him.

or

A center who has the POTENTIAL to be a multi-time all star. A center who WILL finish top 5 (probably higher) in rebounding for now until the foreseeable future (as long as hes on the court). A guy who is the premier shot blocker in the league- he is also a traditional center that cant switch and has a very hard time defending bigs that can extend out.- this is a guy that you will have to babysit. This is a guy that was blackballed from the league for having a poor attitude and poor work ethic- and now that he is back EVEN BEFORE he gets his pay day- he has had 3 incidents where he has thugged it up- one of these incidents happened just LESS than 2 months ago.

you can get Thompson for something like 2-5 less million per year.

obviously each side has its own risks and reward. The risk that thompson will not perform for his contract is obviously minuscule. He never gets hurt. Has a famous work ethic and attitude. Hes young enough were there is zero risk that 4 years is too long of a deal. Signing him the year BEFORE the cap skyrockets will give him some value in the last couple years of his deal in all likelihood.

Whiteside obviously is a lot more risky. If my team SUCKED and i needed a jump start it would be tempting to say screw it and take the risk because of the potential- however you would need to have a lot of good veteran leadership in place. Giving him a 4 year deal REALLY takes away any leverage you have with the guy though. I think a team like the Mavericks- with Dirk and CArlisle and co- Whiteside could be a very good fit. Miami is one of the better fits too really- as long as Wade sticks around (or if/when Bosh comes back).

If you think Whiteside will be on his best behavior, take a GUARANTEED 80 million dollars, and that will only make him work HARDER....if you think that instead of having to be babysat- he will turn into a leader of men and be someone you can depend on--- its probably not a difficult answer--

I certainly dont think that way.

Thats why- if i was building a team- i take Tristan Thompson over Whiteside and let some other team and GM worry and risk about a quarter of their payroll on such a bigtime risk.

I get what you are saying.

But to me, it's like saying you'd take AC Green over a Prime Dikembe Mutumbo.

I'm sorry. But, I wouldn't.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside got tackled by McDermott. No reaction at all.

Really BK? I knew you would be the first to comment on this, but I thought I was going to agree with you.

All dude did was wrap him up. Their feet got tangled and that's why they fell. It was no body slammed. Don't be a homer dude.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying.

But to me, it's like saying you'd take AC Green over a Prime Dikembe Mutumbo.

I'm sorry. But, I wouldn't.

Me either and I was a HUGE AC Green fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really BK? I knew you would be the first to comment on this, but I thought I was going to agree with you.

All dude did was wrap him up. Their feet got tangled and that's why they fell. It was no body slammed. Don't be a homer dude.

Had to call a flagrant 1 based on letter of the law. Wasn't intentional but damn sure was unnecessary

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either and I was a HUGE AC Green fan.

I don't believe thAt virgin crap....lol

But, he was a class act and a solid human being.

Like Tristan, he played come hell or high water.

However, from a talent standpoint?

Mt. Mutumbo

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to win out to keep the third seed since these other teams just won't fucking lose. A home game against Boston, at Cleveland, and at Washington. Going to be very tough to win all three of those, especially at Cleveland.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to win out to keep the third seed since these other teams just won't fucking lose. A home game against Boston, at Cleveland, and at Washington. Going to be very tough to win all three of those, especially at Cleveland.

Cleveland should be resting about everyone. Magic number is 1. They'll have HCA in the East wrapped up before that game. I actually think the Cleveland game is almost a lock to win. The other 2 should be more difficult

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan was having a rough night then he just took over in the final minutes of the 4th. Looked at the box score just now and he finished with 16 and 12 lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HCA is pretty important for Miami. This is a young team with not a lot of playoffs experience. Would be nice to begin the playoffs with 2 home games rather than 2 road games. The only guys in the rotation with significant playoffs experience is Wade, Amare, Johnson, and Deng. Dragic only been to the playoffs once. And of course this will be Richardson, Winslow, Whiteside, and Tyler Johnson first playoffs experience

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to call a flagrant 1 based on letter of the law. Wasn't intentional but damn sure was unnecessary

How? You are wrapping up a big to prevent an easy basket. If we are going by the letter of the law, then Shaq should've shot flagrant free throws every game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? You are wrapping up a big to prevent an easy basket. If we are going by the letter of the law, then Shaq should've shot flagrant free throws every game.

Pretty sure the flagrant rules were much different back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.