• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have some CREDIBILITY and bring up BOTH if your ognna bring up one you sorry sack of dog shit. you say I AM THE ONE cherry picking LOL you just ADMITTED to it. unbelievable....seriously unbelievable.

Why should I bring up the offensive stats when it is known that they're a good offensive team. I have no argument against the offensive numbers because other stats back up your claim.

You keep acting like the Cavs are some top defensive team which they're not

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point Differential- also a pretty darn good stat

Cavs- 1st in the East
Heat- 7th in the East

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I bring up the offensive stats when it is known that they're a good offensive team. I have no argument against the offensive numbers because other stats back up your claim.

You keep acting like the Cavs are some top defensive team which they're not
i never said they were a great defensive team- i said they give up the least points in the East--- take that however you want it---obviously it makes you a ltitle butt-hurt, lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol again-yo u can attach what ever kind of narrative you want

i gave 2 simple stats

the Cavs give up the last points in the East- Score the 2nd most points in the East

if you dont like the stats- i dont really care- it shows how well balanced the Cavs are--- a team like Miami- gives up the 2nd least points in the East- and score the 11th most points in the East--- obviously we can tell that Miami is not a well balanced team.

Points allowed is a useless statistic because pace of play dictates points per game allowed. Look at the teams who play at the slowest pace then look at the teams who allows the fewest PPG.....You're likely going to find the teams who play at the slowest pace leading the league in fewest ppg allowed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol again-yo u can attach what ever kind of narrative you want

i gave 2 simple stats

the Cavs give up the last points in the East- Score the 2nd most points in the East

if you dont like the stats- i dont really care- it shows how well balanced the Cavs are--- a team like Miami- gives up the 2nd least points in the East- and score the 11th most points in the East--- obviously we can tell that Miami is not a well balanced team.

Miami slows the pace down, hence they don't score as many points. Also, it doesn't allow the other team many opportunities to score as well. How about you go off of efficiency, which is a key stat?

If team A gets on average:

50 possessions per game
80 points per game

And team B gets on average:

65 possessions per game
88 points per game

Team A is actually the more efficient team in terms of an offensive stand point. The same could be applied to defensive rankings. The Warriors actually allow more ppg than the Cavs do, but they're considered a better defensive team because opponent FG%.

You'll probably blow this off because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point Differential- also a pretty darn good stat

Cavs- 4th in the NBA

Heat- 12th

Yes the Heat don't blow teams out. Thanks for that nugget that every Heat fan on here already know.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said they were a great defensive team- i said they give up the least points in the East--- take that however you want it---obviously it makes you a ltitle butt-hurt, lol.

But your defense is in the bottom of the half of the East when it comes to opponents fg%.

I rather give up slightly more ppg and have a much better fg% defense. I'll take several defensive teams in the East over Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points allowed is a useless statistic because pace of play dictates points per game allowed. Look at the teams who play at the slowest pace then look at the teams who allows the fewest PPG.....You're likely going to find the teams who play at the slowest pace leading the league in fewest ppg allowed.
so if the Cavs have such a slow pace- how do you explain their offensive numbers? do they just have a RIDICULOUSLY great offense?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Heat don't blow teams out. Thanks for that nugget that every Heat fan on here already know.
Cavs 1st in the EAst in point differential

Heat 7th in the East

Point differential is usually one of the very best predictors of overall record that we have in the NBA....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if the Cavs have such a slow pace- how do you explain their offensive numbers? do they just have a RIDICULOUSLY great offense?

Easy. They hit about 11 3's per game.

I wouldn't call the offensive ridiculously great but hitting 11 3's per game is obviously going to boost your PPG even when you're in the bottom half of the league in field goal attempts per game.

Cavs are 9th in fg% and 8th in 3 point % so yeah its not ridiculously great at all. They're a good offensive team. I don't think anyone would call them a great offensive team. I only consider GSW and OKC great offensive teams

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs 1st in the EAst in point differential

Heat 7th in the East

Point differential is usually one of the very best predictors of overall record that we have in the NBA....

So the Cavs are a better team than the Heat? I'm sure not many people knew that on here before you posted the point differential. I can also flip this statisic over on you and say that it means the Heat are better in close games than most of the East which is actually true. In games decided by 3 points or less there is not a team in the East better than Miami.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im one of the people that likes advanced stats more than anybody- they without a doubt are very useful....however- at times i think we can go a little overboard

Cavs give up the least points in the East- and score the 2nd most- narrowly behind Boston- to me- that shows a team with both balance and being effectiveness on both sides of the ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs are a better team than the Heat? I'm sure not many people knew that on here before you posted the point differential. I can also flip this statisic over on you and say that it means the Heat are better in close games than most of the East which is actually true. In games decided by 3 points or less there is not a team in the East better than Miami.
oh of course- way better than the sHeat...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or it means that dont have enough depth to put teams away- which is probably a lot closer to the truth with the wretched depth Riley has added to the team the last 2 years.

in reality- point differential has ZERO effect on a teams clutchness--- so teams that have a point differential near 0 are better in close games? lol...it makes no sense- its a total luck thing that goes up and down in the long run.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you compare the Cavs numbers to the Spurs/Warriors? You know the team who Cleveland will have to beat in order to win a title?

Unfortunately for you, beating Miami in round 2 doesn't get you a banner or parade.

Funny how I don't see Warriors/Spurs fans comparing their numbers to the Trailblazers and Clippers lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or it means that dont have enough depth to put teams away- which is probably a lot closer to the truth with the wretched depth Riley has added to the team the last 2 years.

I could also analyze the stats and I'm pretty certain most of these statistics look much different after the AS break.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you compare the Cavs numbers to the Spurs/Warriors? You know the team who Cleveland will have to beat in order to win a title?

Unfortunately for you, beating Miami in round 2 doesn't get you a banner or parade.

Funny how I don't see Warriors/Spurs fans comparing their numbers to the Trailblazers and Clippers lol

*mic drop*

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors beat them in both a low and high scoring games.
It really doesn't matter.
Your avg win margin against everyone can be +50, but if you don't win 16 playoffs games (which you won't) your season is a total bust, total disaster, and will be the last time you ever see James/Love/Kyrie together in a Cavs uniform.

Your ONLY chance to win is to hit a crazy number of 3's ( which teams would beg for James to shoot) in series vs either the Spurs or Warriors, and if you start missing them, you will be down double digits as fast as you can blink an eye.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if they are hitting 3's.
The only half court game you have is James plowing his way to the basket, or getting a 2nd chance from an offensive rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.