• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Tristan who is supposed to dominate Whiteside on the glass went for 2 and 2 lmao.

Whiteside had 16 and 13.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"who would you rather have on YOUR team...?"

#TurnupOwnedYou...:heh:

But Tristan is never injured and is a harder worker.

Wait..:noidea:, really.:scratch:.
If Tritstan is the harder worker, then how come his FT% hasn't went up 20-30% like Whitesides has?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Tristan is never injured and is a harder worker.

Wait..:noidea:, really.:scratch:.
If Tritstan is the harder worker, then how come his FT% hasn't went up 20-30% like Whitesides has?

bet you any amount of money Wiggy has a deflection...oops, explanation...

btw, Whiteside sucks and your rooks are garbage. heard it from a guru on this board...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw i'm betting the Heat fans on this board feel a bit better about this match-up IF they and the Cavs DO meet in the playoffs...ESPECIALLY if they can duplicate efforts like tonight's game...

imo this is a 7 game series, though i'm sure Wiggy would STILL disagree...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet you any amount of money Wiggy has a deflection...oops, explanation...

btw, Whiteside sucks and your rooks are garbage. heard it from a guru on this board...

Not sure if the Heat can beat several teams ( including the Cavs) in a 7 game series, but, the Heat certainly wouldn't fear and aren't in awe of them.
Last year the Cavs tanked 2 games vs the Celts to avoid possibly playing the Heat.
Im pretty sure we're the last team in the East they'd want to face right now.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the Heat can beat several teams ( including the Cavs) in a 7 game series, but, the Heat certainly wouldn't fear and aren't in awe of them.
Last year the Cavs tanked 2 games vs the Celts to avoid possibly playing the Heat.
Im pretty sure we're the last team in the East they'd want to face right now.

EXACTLY my point. these guys don't scare the Heat and they match up INCREDIBLY well. and while I slightly agree on Wiggy's side as far as depth imo it isn't as big a factor as he'd clearly like to preach...

as far as entertainment this would be a great series to watch...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY my point. these guys don't scare the Heat and they match up INCREDIBLY well. and while I slightly agree on Wiggy's side as far as depth imo it isn't as big a factor as he'd clearly like to preach...

as far as entertainment this would be a great series to watch...

The way I see it is this, the Cavs lose any depth edge because they have no confidence in their bigs vs us.
Cavs had Mozgov listed on the scoreboard as starting until after the intros.
All along they knew they were going to try Love at C.
Not sure who they tricked, but it was a failed experiment.

Then, the Cavs want to live by the 3.
Great for them if they're hitting, but if you miss and the Heat get a long rebound, we'll score at the other end in about 3 seconds.
I noticed in the 2nd qtr tonight that the Cavs had their hands on there thighs and were gassed.
Part of it was prob cause they played last night, but part was def because of the pace we play at.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it is this, the Cavs lose any depth edge because they have no confidence in their bigs vs us.
Cavs had Mozgov listed on the scoreboard as starting until after the intros.
All along they knew they were going to try Love at C.
Not sure who they tricked, but it was a failed experiment.

Then, the Cavs want to live by the 3.
Great for them if they're hitting, but if you miss and the Heat get a long rebound, we'll score at the other end in about 3 seconds.
I noticed in the 2nd qtr tonight that the Cavs had their hands on there thighs and were gassed.
Part of it was prob cause they played last night, but part was def because of the pace we play at.

good observation...

yeah, as punchline pointed out a while back this is NOT a pace the Cavs as a team prefer to play...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You can’t never hope for one team. You’ve got to play who’s in front of you,” James said of a possible playoff series against the Heat. “Our first-round opponent is where our focus needs to be, then if we’re fortunate enough to advance then I’ll worry about who we play in the next round.”

James is so articulate.
We all know he wrote that SI letter when he left Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy scared

Scared might be a bit strong, but if he still believes that shit that he spewed about what the Cavs would do to the Heat in a playoff series, he may be even more delusional than we all already believe he is.

Are the Heat as good as the Cavs? No. And the Cavs would have the advantage of always having the best player on the court on their team for the series in Lebron.

However, the game is as much about matchups as it is stars and the Heat are a bad matchup for the Cavs because their strengths, such as inside play and pace, attack where the Cavs are weakest. If I understand what Lue wants as far as pace of play, he wants them to play at a pace that the Heat are already used to. Plus, Whiteside is simply too big and athletic for the Cavs bigs. Lue may want to consider sending in a guy from the end of the bench every game to pick a fight with Whiteside and get him kicked out.

Because of Lebron, I think the Cavs would still win the series, but it's more likely to be a very close 6-7 games than the 5, maybe 6, that Wiggy has been saying. Especially if they get Bosh back for the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scared might be a bit strong, but if he still believes that shit that he spewed about what the Cavs would do to the Heat in a playoff series, he may be even more delusional than we all already believe he is.

Are the Heat as good as the Cavs? No. And the Cavs would have the advantage of always having the best player on the court on their team for the series in Lebron.

However, the game is as much about matchups as it is stars and the Heat are a bad matchup for the Cavs because their strengths, such as inside play and pace, attack where the Cavs are weakest. If I understand what Lue wants as far as pace of play, he wants them to play at a pace that the Heat are already used to. Plus, Whiteside is simply too big and athletic for the Cavs bigs. Lue may want to consider sending in a guy from the end of the bench every game to pick a fight with Whiteside and get him kicked out.

Because of Lebron, I think the Cavs would still win the series, but it's more likely to be a very close 6-7 games than the 5, maybe 6, that Wiggy has been saying. Especially if they get Bosh back for the playoffs.

Agree. Based on what I've seen and especially if CB comes back, no way are the cavs beating Miami in 5 in dominating fashion as wiggy act like they would. It would take 6 or possibly 7 games

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You can’t never hope for one team. You’ve got to play who’s in front of you,” James said of a possible playoff series against the Heat. “Our first-round opponent is where our focus needs to be, then if we’re fortunate enough to advance then I’ll worry about who we play in the next round.”

James is so articulate.
We all know he wrote that SI letter when he left Miami.

Lebron is far smarter than you. Clearly, you are unable to understand the nuance in Lebron's intentional use of a double negative. Since a double negative equals a positive, what Lebron was obviously saying is that, like me, he hopes the Cavs do play the Heat because he knows that the Cavs will take them out in an easy 4-5 games, just like I've been saying all along. - Wiggy

Status
Not open for further replies.