• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe Durant is going to the Warriors when I see him sign a contract and not before.

Warriors have no reason to risk their cohesiveness by messing with their roster in such a big way. Unless he was to take a pay cut, the Warriors would have to get rid of at least one major piece (not including free agents Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa, Clark, McAdoo and Rush), as they would only be $15M under the cap. He's making about $20M this year and is eligible for the max of approx $26.7M (30% of the $89M cap).

Durant can get even more if he signs a one year deal with the Thunder for 2016 and then gets his long term deal in 2017 starting at $32.4M (and he would also know if Westbrook and Ibaka are re-signed).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have no reason to risk their cohesiveness by messing with their roster in such a big way. Unless he was to take a pay cut, the Warriors would have to get rid of at least one major piece (not including free agents Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa, Clark, McAdoo and Rush), as they would only be $15M under the cap. He's making about $20M this year and is eligible for the max of approx $26.7M (30% of the $89M cap).

Durant can get even more if he signs a one year deal with the Thunder for 2016 and then gets his long term deal in 2017 starting at $32.4M (and he would also know if Westbrook and Ibaka are re-signed).
The Warriors don't need any new blood. Why mess up the team chemistry.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexual Assault allegations for Clarkson and Young. The initial reports are not good. This is the last thing we now need if there is any basis to the reports.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexual Assault allegations for Clarkson and Young. The initial reports are not good. This is the last thing we now need if there is any basis to the reports.

They cut her off. She flipped them the bird. They responded inappropriately. I'm doubting the sexual harassment (not assault. They were in their vehicles).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the articles lakersrule, Young and Clarkson have done this numerous times. Don't know the validity of any of this at this juncture.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win against Memphis. Clarkson had a big night as did Kobe. The season is winding down and a win is still a win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential of Julius Randle was on display last evening against the Nuggies. Even with the loss, Randle exploded and ended the game with a trip dub. Some of the stuff he was doing on the defensive end of the court was spectacular as well. Any notions of trading the big three are for nutbags. These guys are going to be damn good!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential of Julius Randle was on display last evening against the Nuggies. Even with the loss, Randle exploded and ended the game with a trip dub. Some of the stuff he was doing on the defensive end of the court was spectacular as well. Any notions of trading the big three are for nutbags. These guys are going to be damn good!

He finally realized that when defenses are collapsing on him on his drives, teammates are left open. He needs to keep that up instead having tunnel vision getting to the rim. It's certainly within his abilities.

If the direction is going to be continued to development of the current youth, I really hope they can sign Whiteside this summer. I think he'd be a perfect fit next to Randle. Add a potential stud wing player in Duke's Ingram and the Lakers have a starting five with a great future.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finally realized that when defenses are collapsing on him on his drives, teammates are left open. He needs to keep that up instead having tunnel vision getting to the rim. It's certainly within his abilities.

If the direction is going to be continued to development of the current youth, I really hope they can sign Whiteside this summer. I think he'd be a perfect fit next to Randle. Add a potential stud wing player in Duke's Ingram and the Lakers have a starting five with a great future.

Yeah, there are a couple of centers I wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers get in FA. Whiteside is obviously the first choice because of his youth and upside, Horford would make for a very good steadying influence on the youngsters and is still young enough himself that the Lakers wouldn't have to be afraid of signing him long term. Then there's Boogie. His attitude issues scare the hell out of me, but if he just needs a change of scenery, he's arguably the best center in the league.

For that matter, if they can't get any of those 3, maybe beg Pau to sign a 2 year deal to come back and babysit for a couple of seasons if the Bulls decide it's time to blow it up. That's probably an extreme long shot resulting from my admitted fanboy crush on him though.

If the Lakers drop to #3, I could see them taking Dragan Bender from Maccabi Tel Aviv or Jakob Poeltl out of Utah. Bender is being compared to Porzingis and I think Poeltl compares favorably to Marc Gasol.

If that happens, they should throw everything they have at Kevin Durant, up to and including a lap dance from Jeanie, to get him to replace our 37 year old SF.

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about bender. I have to do research on him. I guarantee this team will be much better next year!!! Fight for a playoff spot next year and I will be happy.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about bender. I have to do research on him. I guarantee this team will be much better next year!!! Fight for a playoff spot next year and I will be happy.

Bender is a younger version of Pau/Dirk combo type player. Skinny, but is get stronger. He is 7'2" and can play SF, PF, and C. Good rebounder, passer, shooter, and positions himself well for defense, but not strong defense in the post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bender is a younger version of Pau/Dirk combo type player. Skinny, but is get stronger. He is 7'2" and can play SF, PF, and C. Good rebounder, passer, shooter, and positions himself well for defense, but not strong defense in the post.

Very raw prospect at this point. Didn't get many minutes this year.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about playoffs next year. Maybe.

We need some lottery luck, continued improvement from the young guys and to land at least a solid FA or 2 if we don't get a true difference maker FA like Durant.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about playoffs next year. Maybe.

We need some lottery luck, continued improvement from the young guys and to land at least a solid FA or 2 if we don't get a true difference maker FA like Durant.

All I have to say is four more losses will give us the number two position to give us a great chance of keeping our pick. That is job one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with 8 games or so left what's expected for Byron Scott? I got a gut feeling management wants to give him another run.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers tie team record with 48 point loss.... Ladies and gentlemen, the Jim Buss era. "It can get lower."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with 8 games or so left what's expected for Byron Scott? I got a gut feeling management wants to give him another run.

Pink slips if management has any clue whatsoever.

And from Jim Buss' standpoint, it actually is in his favor to hire a new coach. Since he gave himself that "3 year improvement or else" situation, he can hire a new coach now and say "Hey, I just hired a new coach. Let's give it another year or so to see how this works out before you push me out".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to say. The sentiment, at least from Jim Buss, seems to be that they take into consideration the rosters he's had and the Kobe farewell tour and give him another year.

However, there is a pretty big backlash against him from fans and once the season is over and there's no more Kobe farewell tour to distract them, that backlash is likely to only get louder.

The problem is, who do they go get? Luke would be my first choice, because he's a young coach who would be developing a young roster. But he's largely unproven.

Thibs would be my 2nd choice, he'd immediately improve the defense (something Byron was supposed to do, but hasn't). But he's not exactly known as a guy who develops young talent.

If I'm the Lakers FO, I'm sending out feelers to Luke and Thibs to see what their level of intetrest might be and I'm sending out feelers to top FA's like KD to see what their feelings are on Byron, Luke and Thibs, then act accordingly.