• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no issue with it either. The only way they were going to get anything that would actually improve the team would be to trade Russell, Randle or Clarkson. Better to keep them, collect more ping pong balls and work on improving the roster in the off-season.

Mitch did say that he fielded a lot of calls for the youth. That's a good sign I guess that other GMs think something of them. That said, hopefully Byron plays the youth more including Black and Brown. Byron still feels winning games is more important than developing the youth :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch did say that he fielded a lot of calls for the youth. That's a good sign I guess that other GMs think something of them. That said, hopefully Byron plays the youth more including Black and Brown. Byron still feels winning games is more important than developing the youth :L

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Lots of interest in the kids. According to Byron, he is going to change some things for the rest of the season. Word is, that will mean more playing time for the kids, especially late in games and probably seeing Russell in the starting lineup at some point.

I disagree about him thinking winning games is more important than developing the youth. If that were the case, he has enough serviceable vets and Kobe and could have probably won enough to cost them the top 3 pick if that were the case.

I have no problem with him making them earn their minutes. Byron had to earn his minutes with Showtime (as did every rookie) and Kobe had to earn his. If first ballot Hall of Famers had to earn their minutes, these kids who have proven nothing can earn them as well.

I can think of plenty of things to criticize Byron for, but making rookies earn their playing time isn't one of them.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Randle will start the rest of the season. I want to see more Black and Brown though instead of Hibbert, Young, and Bass. I want to see more court time together for Randle and Nance as well. I think their numbers have been pretty good in their limited time on the court together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Randle will start the rest of the season. I want to see more Black and Brown though instead of Hibbert, Young, and Bass. I want to see more court time together for Randle and Nance as well. I think their numbers have been pretty good in their limited time on the court together.

I agree. I'd like to see more of Black and Brown as well. This team is young and athletic. Black is far more athletic than Hibbert. Agree about Randle and Nance on the floor together more too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the loss to the Spurs, Kobe got himself hurt again so yeah, time for the youngsters.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron said Sunday that Russell will start the rest of the way along with Randle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had something really cool happen last evening. I am at work, sitting in a bus at a red light, downtown Tempe. Across the street there is a large bar restaurant that sits atop the downtown version of Starbucks. This place has large flat screens you can see at quite a distance. I look up and I am watching Julius Randle bury a free throw. They had a flash sports show on that were talking about the Lakers. Pretty cool to sit and drive a bus and watch the Lakers at the same time!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like Durant is very likely in offseason

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is headed to GS.

Most likely yeah, derozan rumored to prefer staying in Toronto. I'll remain optimistic but appears to be some writing on the wall pointing to another summer strikeout. Signing clarkson might be the biggest splash

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this Lakers team as far as scorers. I can see them being even really more consistent next season. Then Lakers will have another high draft pick to boot. But please teach them to play defense and rebound Geez.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you mentioned that Chilipepper. Even Russell is beginning to get it. Check this out. Clarkson, Williams, and Kobe have the worst defensive ratings on the team. Kobe being the worst. so the team tank is still in force.

D'Angelo Russell says the Lakers always have 'one or two guys sleeping' on defense

Obviously with Kobe and Lou, the defensive stats aren't surprising. Clarkson should be better. He has the length and athleticism to be at least decent. Hopefully that is something he can improve on. Russell got caught a couple of times last night losing sight of his player. Barnes got an easy layup one time on him. Russell's on-ball defense has been pretty good this season. He should get better with the team defense as he gains more experience.

The biggest issue seems to be Roy Hibbert. He just doesn't seem to be able to play in this league anymore. They are down big early practically every game. He will not be back next season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously with Kobe and Lou, the defensive stats aren't surprising. Clarkson should be better. He has the length and athleticism to be at least decent. Hopefully that is something he can improve on. Russell got caught a couple of times last night losing sight of his player. Barnes got an easy layup one time on him. Russell's on-ball defense has been pretty good this season. He should get better with the team defense as he gains more experience.

The biggest issue seems to be Roy Hibbert. He just doesn't seem to be able to play in this league anymore. They are down big early practically every game. He will not be back next season.

Yep, lakersrule. Indiana (Larry) was all too willing to dump Hibbert and we found out what they knew about him. He is completely finished as a player. He is definitely overpaid and will not return next year. The Lakers wasted a year at Center. They should have played Sacre more. At least we'd get equal or better play from Sacre.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert can score. He always hits his shots and FT'S. If they went to him more he would get better stats.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert can score. He always hits his shots and FT'S. If they went to him more he would get better stats.

He's not scoring this season. Below his average FG%. Ugly hook shot. Terrible role man. He was brought in to play defense though which he has been ineffective at doing.