• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not scoring this season. Below his average FG%. Ugly hook shot. Terrible role man. He was brought in to play defense though which he has been ineffective at doing.

He looks slow to me. Earlier in the season, he looked like he was a little quicker and was having a little bit of a positive effect defensively. Not as positive as we had hoped when the Lakers got him, but a positive effect nonetheless.

Over the past several weeks though, he has looked like a revolving door in the paint which has led to the Lakers managing to be even worse on defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, really impressed with some comments that D'Angelo Russell re: getting to start again.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I earned it. But for some reason, coach threw me back in the starting lineup and I don't want to look back from that. Like I say, I don't necessarily want to say that I earned it now. I didn't before, he kind of gave it to me and then this second half of the season I kind of got thrown back into it for whatever reason. I just want to build that trust now so that next year he knows that he can run with the young guys in the back court.

Looks like kid is starting to figure some things out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, really impressed with some comments that D'Angelo Russell re: getting to start again.

Looks like kid is starting to figure some things out.

Read his comments again. He's covertly throwing shade at Byron; "but for some reason coach threw me back in" "I got thrown back in for whatever reason". His comments translate to "I got yanked around for a reason that wasn't made clear to me but I'm going to ignore it and just play".

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I can't wait till this season is over. I am just going to continue to watch the youngsters grow, but I am really tired of losing like all laker fans.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read his comments again. He's covertly throwing shade at Byron; "but for some reason coach threw me back in" "I got thrown back in for whatever reason". His comments translate to "I got yanked around for a reason that wasn't made clear to me but I'm going to ignore it and just play".

Not how I see it at all. I have a 19 year old in my house. It's how they talk.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how I see it at all. I have a 19 year old in my house. It's how they talk.

I think you're right in that's how plenty of teenagers talk but you're overlooking just what that kind of talk is. It's primary language of many youths; passive aggression. His comments there are a passive aggressive shot at how Scott has handling him and fit right in line with the events from the last few months when he and Randle got benched, were asked why by the media and they both answered "he never told us what we did wrong". And Scott didn't give a reason. The media hounded him about it before he finally just gave generic "wanted to make a change. They got to earn it" robotic responses. That's what Russell is talking about with the "whatever reason" stuff. He's jabbing Scott and saying he's not sweating how he's been handled, he's just going to play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right in that's how plenty of teenagers talk but you're overlooking just what that kind of talk is. It's primary language of many youths; passive aggression. His comments there are a passive aggressive shot at how Scott has handling him and fit right in line with the events from the last few months when he and Randle got benched, were asked why by the media and they both answered "he never told us what we did wrong". And Scott didn't give a reason. The media hounded him about it before he finally just gave generic "wanted to make a change. They got to earn it" robotic responses. That's what Russell is talking about with the "whatever reason" stuff. He's jabbing Scott and saying he's not sweating how he's been handled, he's just going to play.

I'm not overlooking anything. It's how they talk. I have 19 year old kids in and out of my house all day almost every day. They all sound just like D'Angelo Russell.

Pretty funny how you seem to think you exactly what he's thinking and saying. But hey, it's not like anyone expected you to pass up an opportunity to bash Byron.

You really need a new schtick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit!! Free agency already started? I thought they were waiting until after the season? :noidea:

I'll believe Durant is going to the Warriors when I see him sign a contract and not before.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overlooking anything. It's how they talk. I have 19 year old kids in and out of my house all day almost every day. They all sound just like D'Angelo Russell.

Pretty funny how you seem to think you exactly what he's thinking and saying. But hey, it's not like anyone expected you to pass up an opportunity to bash Byron.

You really need a new schtick.
I think turkey is right on this one. You can't just lump all 19 year olds in the same boat and think they all talk the same way. You have to look at the relationship between the two. Just because you have a 19 year old in your house does not make you or anyone else an expert on how other 19 year olds talk.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck a lot but they're some signs of hope for next season. Russell, Randle, and Williams are a nice trio to build around. If we get Simmons watch out....we'd need a few veterans to mentor the kids but we'd be on or way to at least .500 ball. Then in a few seasons, maybe a 7-8th seed.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston rebuilt on the fly pretty quickly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe Durant is going to the Warriors when I see him sign a contract and not before.

Yeah, I don't buy any of the speculation either. Durant was headed to the Lakers a couple of weeks ago. Before that (and pretty much all of last season and off-season), he was headed to Washington. He'll be rumored to be headed to just about every team that is going to have or be able to create any kind of cap space before he finally signs with someone.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't buy any of the speculation either. Durant was headed to the Lakers a couple of weeks ago. Before that (and pretty much all of last season and off-season), he was headed to Washington. He'll be rumored to be headed to just about every team that is going to have or be able to create any kind of cap space before he finally signs with someone.

This.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think turkey is right on this one.

He might be. But he's also reading an awful lot into the words of a 19 year old kid. Trust me when I say, they ain't that subtle. Especially 19 year old males.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck a lot but they're some signs of hope for next season. Russell, Randle, and Williams are a nice trio to build around. If we get Simmons watch out....we'd need a few veterans to mentor the kids but we'd be on or way to at least .500 ball. Then in a few seasons, maybe a 7-8th seed.
My fear is ping pong hit the 4 spot. I would die lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like Magic should just legally change his name to Captain Obvious