• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 US Open

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
65-65 on a 7,500 yard course is embarrassing. Effectively Kaymer is -14 for 2 rounds in a f'n US Open. (Basing this off of it should easily be a par 72.

Par should win an Open. Doubt they'll be back after this debacle.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will stick my neck out and say Kaymer will be plus 5 on his round today. The greens will be firming up today and I think he will do today what he didn't do the last 2 days. Think. With this big lead I think he will over think everything today.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the conditions ...I was pretty wrong. He did a hell of job keeping his round together.

But for the sake of some excitement ....lets hope he stumbles today.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the whole 4th round.

Kaymer absolutely dominated the competition! Good for him

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Give me a break! It appears as if some folks here & in general just want to bitch no matter what. Sorry they could not entertain you. Unlike what some maintain - the course was very tough & yielded only three scores under par. It just happened that one golfer was playing lights out - just like Tiger & Rory have done in the past.

Get over it already & congrats to Kaymer. One of the most impressive performances in quite a while.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
65-65 on a 7,500 yard course is embarrassing. Effectively Kaymer is -14 for 2 rounds in a f'n US Open. (Basing this off of it should easily be a par 72.

So - since it was so easy then why did all of the other golfers not dominate? Only two other golfers finished below par - barely. Your conclusion is flawed.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, bro. Kaymer put together an epic performance. After 4 rounds everything settled back into where it belonged, with the exception of him. Very, very impressive.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, bro. Kaymer put together an epic performance. After 4 rounds everything settled back into where it belonged, with the exception of him. Very, very impressive.

Kaymer has ice water in his veins ..that is for sure. And he earned every bit of this win.

But, Miller brought a very troubling stat yesterday. PGA golfers hit 60% of all fairways. This US Open they hit 70% of fairways. Nothing but nothing should be easier to do at the US open. It should be the hardest test of all facets of the game.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really wished it was more of a intresting 4th round. good for Kaymer tho. saw him interviewed after the tourney. seems like a decent guy

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the course defended par pretty well...I think, what, 3 guys finished under par.

This one is total kudos to Kaymer...he took advantage of the conditions he played in on Thurs/Fri and effectively did what they say you can't do...he won the tournament before the weekend. I say he won it on Thurs/Fri, but imo the shot that won the tournament was on Sat...the eagle he made from the native stuff really turned his round...he was heading for 75 or 76 maybe.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the course defended par pretty well...I think, what, 3 guys finished under par.

This one is total kudos to Kaymer...he took advantage of the conditions he played in on Thurs/Fri and effectively did what they say you can't do...he won the tournament before the weekend. I say he won it on Thurs/Fri, but imo the shot that won the tournament was on Sat...the eagle he made from the native stuff really turned his round...he was heading for 75 or 76 maybe.

Yep & even on some of the finishing holes Kaymer was making some ridiculous putts. Without those even he would have finished just slightly below par.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break! It appears as if some folks here & in general just want to bitch no matter what. Sorry they could not entertain you. Unlike what some maintain - the course was very tough & yielded only three scores under par. It just happened that one golfer was playing lights out - just like Tiger & Rory have done in the past.

Get over it already & congrats to Kaymer. One of the most impressive performances in quite a while.

SoCal...I'm a diehard and I really didn't watch much of it...I played Sat...so I taped that and watch it later that evening, but Sunday...the way the course was playing the field was going to need a 74 or worse type round for any drama and Kaymer wasn't having any of that.

Congrats...as you said it was a dominating performance.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry - didn't mean to jump all over you. Just clarifying that this was simply a case of one golfer having the tourney of his life (and not so much about the course being too easy). Kaymer played out of his mind & also had a bit of luck on his side. Things may have been just a tad different if say he missed some more greens in his first two rounds. Notice on the last day he appeared to rely on his putter way too much. I don't recall ever seeing a PGA pro use the putter that far off the green on several occasions (and it cost him a few strokes).

Oh well - congrats to Kaymer.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Euros!!!

....nice win tho~

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed that Rickie Fowler hung in there on Sunday, also the Compton dude 3rd heart and he finishes tied for 2nd at a US Open.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst US Open I can remember. I'm not usually a negative guy, but this tournament just sucked.

1) Was not competitive;
2) No real star power showed;
3) Too many low scores. I know they came back down at the end, but I just saw a lot of red numbers;
4) Course looked like shit.
5) Course design was terrible. Crenshaw should have his course design/renovation privileges revoked immediately. WTF were they trying to do with it? It's a Donald Ross design, with no rough, turned into a links(ish) design, that wasn't a links design. Completely a course without a home.