• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Open week. Golfers ripping the course.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Spieth calls USOpen win "most nerve-wracking tournament ever....we loved playing in Pacific Northwest & hope to come back here soon"

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest crybaby of them all just chimed in. ian poulter is a fucking loser.

all of the crybabies with loser mentalities eliminated themselves on fri and sat, so i'm pretty happy.

fantastic us open for golf fans.

You seem to be forgetting about one of the "crybabies" (as you call them) who had one of the biggest complaints of the entire tournament.

While in the process of making a double bogey on the 18th Jordan Spieth: "the dumbest hole I've ever played in my life" "unbelievably stupid"

And after the round Spieth: "I think 18 as a par-4 doesn't make much sense. So all in all, I thought it was a dumb hole today."

So lets stop using "complaints" to rip into guys you already hated and conveniently ignoring the complaints of the winner while praising him at the same time.

I also heard that " whiners will never win with that mentality"

So for the record ..what you call a whiner just so happen to be holding the trophy on Sunday.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....got handed the trophy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it...the conditions, the bumpy greens, fans really engaged, the whole 9...I think the USGA should go back.

The Course...truly a unique piece of land with turf conditions that mimic links golf, but elevation change that doesn't. The greens imo showed just how spoiled PGAT players are...if the USGA gave them what they expected...smooth fast greens...they would still be playing the tournament...the players have had several weeks and several rounds played on the greens prior to the tournament starting...they were, what they were...international players that play all over the world experience various green conditions...they adjust and play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I did not like the course, probably because I am so used to "green" courses. With that said this is the US Open, why should it be made easy? I mean to win you have to have skill and the greens proved that! I do get players frustrations however, I mean you are off by an inch and the ball either rolls 50 feet from the hole or off the green.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself how many putts over 25' did you see roll in? I didn't see hardly any. I attribute that to the elephants buried in those greens, but you cannot ignore how bad those greens looked. I didn't putt on them and if I did, I would sure as hell be aggressive on the UPHILL putts and lag all day on the downhill putts.

On DJ's eagle attempted, I am doing anything possible to barely breathe on that ball and try to leave it short. ON the 3' comeback uphill?? U take the break out and rammit in the back of the hole.

Feel bad for DJ

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it...the conditions, the bumpy greens, fans really engaged, the whole 9...I think the USGA should go back.

The Course...truly a unique piece of land with turf conditions that mimic links golf, but elevation change that doesn't. The greens imo showed just how spoiled PGAT players are...if the USGA gave them what they expected...smooth fast greens...they would still be playing the tournament...the players have had several weeks and several rounds played on the greens prior to the tournament starting...they were, what they were...international players that play all over the world experience various green conditions...they adjust and play.

Bumpy greens are not consistent. That is the entire point. You can adjust to fast greens, you can adjust to slow greens. Bumpy greens you don't adjust, you pray. One green will have no bumps, the next one will have a lot.

You have 2 different grasses growing at different rates, so on Thursday the green that had no bumps but Saturday it has a few bumps, is it even worse on Sunday?? ...you find out after you putt.

The USGA was in a pickle. They new there was little they could do about these greens but they made the right choice. Chambers Bay was a spectacular venue for the US Open. But the USGA should have gone on the offensive months before to get the word out about these greens. Let them know the greens won't be up to the usual standard. The pro's would have come in expecting it instead they find out on there own.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself how many putts over 25' did you see roll in? I didn't see hardly any. I attribute that to the elephants buried in those greens, but you cannot ignore how bad those greens looked. I didn't putt on them and if I did, I would sure as hell be aggressive on the UPHILL putts and lag all day on the downhill putts.

On DJ's eagle attempted, I am doing anything possible to barely breathe on that ball and try to leave it short. ON the 3' comeback uphill?? U take the break out and rammit in the back of the hole.

Feel bad for DJ

It was slippery fast putt. But man, Jason showed him exactly how fast it was.

Maybe that's a putt you can't keep short because it's that fast but it looked like DJ could have hit it softer.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was slippery fast putt. But man, Jason showed him exactly how fast it was.

Maybe that's a putt you can't keep short because it's that fast but it looked like DJ could have hit it softer.

You can't leave it short. But in your mind... Your stroke has to be defensive. "like you are trying to leave it short." He had adrenaline pumping and he wanted to make it. But the aggressive stroke should have come on the 3' comebacker.. which he didn't hit hardly at all. greens were not good either.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to grow grass on the ocean.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%. I like this course.

Lot of folks seem to forget that this was the U.S. Open and that means the toughest test in golf. Personally, I think the course was too soft and the final score too high. I have no use for Open courses that can yield scores of -5, -9 (Kaymer in 2014) or -16 (Rory in 2011), I want these pampered babies to have to grind it out on every shot. Watching them trying to hit it as far as they can will little fear of a penalty is boring.

Every last one of these golfers had to play the same course so I'm not interested in hearing their complaints.

I thought the final couple of hours was great theater even though DJ 3 putting the 18th green was painful to watch.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel bad for DJ

I was rooting for Johnson to hole out that eagle putt, but he putts like crap. He had chances on the back nine to take the tourney by the nads and his flat stick let him down......badly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for Johnson to hole out that eagle putt, but he putts like crap. He had chances on the back nine to take the tourney by the nads and his flat stick let him down......badly.

Yeah no doubt the guy had looks at birdie coming in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the course but I thought the greens were kind of a joke. I mean really, you should never ever ever ever have to rely on luck to make a straight on 6 foot putt, but the reality of it is every single putt hit in that tournament took a little bit of luck.

I like seeing the players have to deal with bunkers and tall grass, but once you're on the green them suckers need to be rolling consistently. Otherwise it just turns into a circus.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I am disappointed with the greens is because no matter how much time you put into preparing for them, it doesn't matter. The players who prepare the best before tournaments should be the ones rewarded, but there were a ridiculous amount of putts that should have gone in and didn't.

You could putt on those greens your entire life and still you'd never know what's going to happen with a 10 footer.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the flip side of all this ..it should of never even come down to this.

Spieth had this locked up but inexplicably 3 putts on 17 for a double bogey.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the flip side of all this ..it should of never even come down to this.

Spieth had this locked up but inexplicably 3 putts on 17 for a double bogey.

Even more shocking to me is the fact that he sprayed a 6-iron 30 yards off target on his tee shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumpy greens are not consistent. That is the entire point. You can adjust to fast greens, you can adjust to slow greens. Bumpy greens you don't adjust, you pray. One green will have no bumps, the next one will have a lot.

You have 2 different grasses growing at different rates, so on Thursday the green that had no bumps but Saturday it has a few bumps, is it even worse on Sunday?? ...you find out after you putt.

The USGA was in a pickle. They new there was little they could do about these greens but they made the right choice. Chambers Bay was a spectacular venue for the US Open. But the USGA should have gone on the offensive months before to get the word out about these greens. Let them know the greens won't be up to the usual standard. The pro's would have come in expecting it instead they find out on there own.

Yeah, but Pebble, Torrey also have poa in the greens...but those are established USGA venues...as you mentioned, the players know going in what to expect...perhaps the USGA could've done more in terms of pre-warning the players, but imo you were still going to get the Billy Horshels of the tour to complain...while collecting his $88k pay check for the week.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more shocking to me is the fact that he sprayed a 6-iron 30 yards off target on his tee shot.

I don't think he gave himself enough time to calm down from that sick putt he drained the hole before.
The was the most fired up he had been up to that point.

So he goes to 17 and never calms his mind ...the following tee shot may have been his worse swing of the week.