• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Senior Bowl

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the article Bingo. I hope Carr has success in the next level. I think he has the tools and skills to be a good QB. He is also a high character guy and a leader. What do you think of Nebraska's CB Jean Baptiste?

Jean Baptiste, hips are not as loose as Sherman's. So I don't want fans to get carried away…people are starting to be a little overzealous about him. I'm afraid that fans are getting so caught up in trying to think that if their respective teams draft him, he will have similar success as Sherman. With all that said, I think if he is there in the second when we pick, we should seriously think about drafting him. He reminds me more of Sean Smith than he does Sherman. He's a guy I wouldn't put too much trust in by throwing him out there on an island. The type of scheme that we run doesn't call for our DBs (corners in particular) to play a lot of press if at all. Our corners tend to sit 8 yards back and instead allow everything to develop in front of them. Jean Baptiste did a lot of that at Wisconsin and he executed that part of his assignment very well. He's still raw as a corner being that he's a former wide receiver, so he may end up getting better with his hip movements, but I highly doubt that. He doesn't look as slim/slender as Sherman who's unique built allows him to play like a very agile 5'9 corner. A person of Jean Baptiste would get roasted on an island IMO. Not the deep go routes or post patterns - he can defend those very well. Instead I'm referring to the 10-15 yards comebacks or back shoulder throws, he would struggle defending those type of passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since he tore the ACL, I've been wondering if Aaron Colvin isn't a good prospect for the red shirt spot Lattimore had this year. He could be very good value in the later rounds.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baptiste is also knocked for not using his hands well.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since he tore the ACL, I've been wondering if Aaron Colvin isn't a good prospect for the red shirt spot Lattimore had this year. He could be very good value in the later rounds.

6th or 7th round, I'd say no brainer. Let's do it. I'd bring him along slowwwllly. He reminds me a Terrell Brown, a guy a lot of us were high on when he came out. Brown took 3 or 4 years to eventually become our starter. I would do the same with AC. I would redshirt him in 2014. Practice squad him in 2015 (highly doubt he would hang around) or make him our gunner in 2015, if we know for certain he would not last on our PS. 2016 he would work his way in as a starter like Brown did with us.

It's a long term plan that coaches would have to abide to. This year, I want to use those 5th and 6th round picks to move up in the 4th or 3rd rounds to get players who are dropping a la Keenan Allen. If we are unable to trade our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks (a total of seven picks) then we might as well draft players to stash them in our IR roster moves.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6th or 7th round, I'd say no brainer. Let's do it. I'd bring him along slowwwllly. He reminds me a Terrell Brown, a guy a lot of us were high on when he came out. Brown took 3 or 4 years to eventually become our starter. I would do the same with AC. I would redshirt him in 2014. Practice squad him in 2015 (highly doubt he would hang around) or make him our gunner in 2015, if we know for certain he would not last on our PS. 2016 he would work his way in as a starter like Brown did with us.

It's a long term plan that coaches would have to abide to. This year, I want to use those 5th and 6th round picks to move up in the 4th or 3rd rounds to get players who are dropping a la Keenan Allen. If we are unable to trade our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks (a total of seven picks) then we might as well draft players to stash them in our IR roster moves.

Teams are already mocking him in the 6th round Pittsburgh Steelers: Updated 7-Round Mock Draft | Bleacher Report, so if we really want him then I think we might have to use a 5th round pick on him. I wouldn't want to, we might as well wait next year. I would prefer use the 5th round on a dynamic special teams player like DeAnthony Thomas or a ILB with speed like Telvin Smith. He's seriously undersized but I really think that he could flourish on our defense as Wilhoite's replacement. He's instinctive and can cover his a$$ off for a LB. He's much better than Nick Moody another former Seminole.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd with a horrible pass. Intercepted by Craig Loston.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carr with an impressive first drive. He didn't do much, but you can see how the ball jumps out of his hand. Quick release, perfect spirals. That TE Gillmore from Colorado State looks good. Norwood (WR) from Bama looks good. Overall, an impressive first drive for the South Team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!

:)

Just kidding. I'd be interested in him if he took a major draft-day dive. Looking like he'll go too high though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Ford with a sack. This dude with Aldon would drive OCs crazy. He is by far more talented than Corey Lemonier.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!

:)

Just kidding. I'd be interested in him if he took a major draft-day dive. Looking like he'll go too high though.

Scouts are blown away by his skills. He torched some of the best defenders in college football consistently throughout the week. No way does he slide all the way down to our 2nd pick. He will not pass the Vikings 8th overall pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deon Buchanon is only 6'0 feet tall. Thought he was at least 2 inches taller than that. He came to play though…

Jean Baptiste did a nice job in keeping things in front of him as he usually does.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Ford with another sack. That makes 2 for the day for him already. Telvin Smith flying to the ball like he did as an FSU player.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keith McGil of Utah, the other big corner in Mobile this weekend has a pick. He's built like the Seahawks' Brandon Browner. Scary stat: he only has 1 career pick in the 3 years he has started in college. Sherman was a 6th round pick, I wonder how many career picks he had in college.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keith McGil of Utah, the other big corner in Mobile this weekend has a pick. He's built like the Seahawks' Brandon Browner. Scary stat: he only has 1 career pick in the 3 years he has started in college. Sherman was a 6th round pick, I wonder how many career picks he had in college.

Sherman had six picks, four as a senior.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One NFL personnel staff member told CBS Sports' Dane Brugler that this was the worst Senior Bowl roster he had seen in 20 years.

It lacked the top five pick appeal of last year, but we think this is a bit harsh. Sure, the roster was made up of day three or late day two picks, but a handful of first-round talents did attend. Around 28 seniors did turn down an invitation prior to the event, however.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Jan 24 - 10:26 AM

Its too bad that so many skip out on the game... They should include underclassman at this point...

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dee Ford's performance at the Senior Bowl, does he project to be a first rounder?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Dee Ford's performance at the Senior Bowl, does he project to be a first rounder?

Yes he does. He has played well against very good OTs. FSU, Alabama, Senior Bowl practices, etc. The guy simply has a knack to get to the QB. He reminds me of Justin Houston. He's not going to be an Aldon or Von Miller type of OLB, but he can develop to be a notch below them in the form of Justin Houston. Popular belief is that we are set at the position opposite of Aldon with Brooks and Lemonier, but I tell you, Ford is a much better pass rusher than these two. Needless to say, being that we are set at the position, we will be passing up on an OLB this year and we won't see us address that position until maybe the 4th or 5th round if at all. It's all good because honestly we do have more pressing need and Ford will be going way to high for us to seriously consider him.