• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Overspend in Free Agency Thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well, they love their country music in Dallas, and what's country music without a good Fiddler?
If you're gonna play in Texas, you've gotta have a fiddler in the band
Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 31s
Vancouver-based agent for what it's worth RT @Hockeyagent Radim Vrbata looking forward to joining a Canadian team. Details to follow
well, there's your scoring ??? what to expect, 20-30ish?

you're right, that is a lot of cake.
at least he shoots right.
The sisters and their Vrbrata.
neg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #Canes have signed defenseman Tim Gleason to a 1 year deal worth $1.2 million.”

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Fiddler request a trade from the Stars last season?

Yes he did. Then he had a talk with Ruff, got whatever was bugging him cleared up, and then went on to be a significant part of the playoff run.

I honestly thought he was gone. But his wife and kids love it here. That along with the improvements in the past couple of days changed his mind. Selfishly - I'm damn glad he stayed. Can't have too many guys like him in the room.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note on the MacKenzie signing in Florida. Seems Jarmo asked him a few weeks ago to give the Jackets a chance to match any offer he got on the open market. He called JD and Jarmo before signing the paper with Florida, true to his word.

“Derek MacKenzie is a class act,” Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. “I’ve got nothing but great things to say about him. We’re going to miss him. But he got a great deal, and we totally understand him moving on. He’s worked so hard for this, and he deserves it.”

Ultimately, it was the term the Jackets couldn't meet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. Then he had a talk with Ruff, got whatever was bugging him cleared up, and then went on to be a significant part of the playoff run.

I honestly thought he was gone. But his wife and kids love it here. That along with the improvements in the past couple of days changed his mind. Selfishly - I'm damn glad he stayed. Can't have too many guys like him in the room.

I was hoping for Fiddler. Looks like we're stuck with Legwand now, which could be worse for a 3rd liner I guess.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised nobody picked him up day 1 yet Bolland got a small island off the coast of Florida with a yacht moored. GM's are fucking nuts sometimes.

And some are fucking nuts all the time. __________________fill in the blank.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinkin' Butch, it's what you're good at.

I think the Leafs will win the Cup this season. Just think the time has come. Randy is an excellent coach, and they've added excellent depth guys like Frattin, Polak and the two Finnish guys who will definitely all compete for individual awards (including the Conn Smythe).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised nobody picked him up day 1 yet Bolland got a small island off the coast of Florida with a yacht moored. GM's are fucking nuts sometimes.

for guys like Tim Murray in Buffalo and Dale Tallon in Florida it must be so easy being GM.

shit I have to spend $25M to get to the cap floor or we get penalized and wont get profit sharing.

looks at rosters

runs finger down names

mumbling "who is going to cost a boat load that our fans wont even understand why its stupid"

sliding finger stops.....

mumbling "hmmmmmmmm"

Dave Bol..........DONE