• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NFL Combine

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I factor in is some of these kids just put in months training to improve their abilities and for some that actually occurs. Guys could now be faster or slower based off what direction they chose to go in their training and the combine and pro day helps answer that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm awaiting the DB measurements with baited breath. Very curious to see how tall Lamarcus Joyner really is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would love Joyner in the late 2nd early 3rd range. Could be our "Honey Badger"

Joyner's better than the Honey Badger IMO.

Late 2nd would be grand theft DB IMO. He'd start at FS from day 1 IMO. Reid could move to SS. I'm hoping he drops because of his height & age.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyner's better than the Honey Badger IMO.

Late 2nd would be grand theft DB IMO. He'd start at FS from day 1 IMO. Reid could move to SS. I'm hoping he drops because of his height & age.

Oh I agree with Joyner being better and having far less red flags then the Honey Badger but I wouldn't start him at FS at least not in the 1st year. Let him play slot and let Reid play center field like Thomas in Seattle and let Whitner or the SS be a rover/enforcer/run defender

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins will go in the top 10, so I think he's out of the question.

We'll have a better idea soon when the WRs run, but right now Odell Beckham, Jordan Matthews, & Donte Moncrief are looking pretty good. I still like Marqise Lee but not as much as I did before his measurements. Brandin Cooks could be a popular guy to pick too.

Some people love Mike Evans & Kelvin Benjamin, but I don't.

Brandin Cooks is a name I heard mentioned

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Brandin Cooks. I am curious how fast he runs the 40. If he does well, he might just sneak in the first round. He would really improve our return game. I hope he falls in the latter part of the 2nd round.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odell Beckham is a perfect fit. I'm sure he blows the drills. Besides his huge hands, wait until they highlight how well he catches the ball. I'm sure his agility numbers will be near the top as well.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odell Beckham is a perfect fit. I'm sure he blows the drills. Besides his huge hands, wait until they highlight how well he catches the ball. I'm sure his agility numbers will be near the top as well.

I'm expecting him to run a 4.4 or even a 4.3 forty. He's not gonna get out of the top 25 picks.

He's a clone of Randall Cobb. With better hands. I've been saying that for months now.

Hands:
[YOUTUBE]ssC-6NFfTnE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Auburn T Greg Robinson posted 32 bench press reps at the NFL Combine with an arm length of 35 inches.

That is ridiculous. This would put Robinson in the top 11 offensive linemen since 2011. That strength shows in Robinson's game, since he frequently makes defensive linemen look like blocking sleds when crashing down in the running game.
Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Feb 21 - 4:01 PM

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I factor in is some of these kids just put in months training to improve their abilities and for some that actually occurs. Guys could now be faster or slower based off what direction they chose to go in their training and the combine and pro day helps answer that.

I think Jerry Rice ran a 4, 6 or 4, 7 at the combine

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Auburn T Greg Robinson posted 32 bench press reps at the NFL Combine with an arm length of 35 inches.

That is ridiculous. This would put Robinson in the top 11 offensive linemen since 2011. That strength shows in Robinson's game, since he frequently makes defensive linemen look like blocking sleds when crashing down in the running game.

My guy Tiny Richardson did 36 reps with the same length of arms.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine results help determine where teams might value a certain player. I'd love to sit here and say they all go based off of film but we know that isn't true. So if you like a player and he goes and blows up at the combine you gotta assume you will need to take him sooner or move up for him.

One of my biggest beefs with the combine is that these players go to facilities weeks in advance where they train specifically for the events of a combine. The players lose or gain weight, train for 40 and other events, they learn proper techniques and how to post good numbers. This creates the problem of players performing above their abilities on the field; that is how you run into guys who run a 4.3 but clearly play at the speed of a 4.5 or 4.6 guy, Jason Hill for instance.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Coleman - WR - Player

Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman measured 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He's the biggest receiver in Indy. Coleman took a step back in 2013 while playing through a knee injury, but posted 20 touchdowns over his three-year career at Rutgers and has the raw talent to develop into a quality possession receiver. Coleman received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

Feb 21 - 7:30 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of my biggest beefs with the combine is that these players go to facilities weeks in advance where they train specifically for the events of a combine. The players lose or gain weight, train for 40 and other events, they learn proper techniques and how to post good numbers. This creates the problem of players performing above their abilities on the field; that is how you run into guys who run a 4.3 but clearly play at the speed of a 4.5 or 4.6 guy, Jason Hill for instance.

To some degree, if you watch athletes train and work out long enough, you can tell which ones show up to the combine with a bit of manufactured speed as opposed to just straight football speed in my opinion. You can tell to some degree which ones have more functional football speed and what looks more fake to where it won't look the same when they step onto the field. I wouldn't expect very many regular, every day sports fans to be able to look at a guy and be able to tell but if you have watched guys prepare and know a little bit about what they teach guys in speed training, you can often spot certain things that show that his speed at the combine isn't as functional from a football perspective.

Also, I've said for the past couple years now that I don't want to hear anybody's opinion and don't listen to a lot of people speak on a player at the combine unless they actually saw that player run or perform with their own two eyes.

Often a player will have a slight stumble or hitch at the beginning, middle, or end of his run in an event. NOT so much so that he's whistled to start again, but enough of something to where it plays a part in the time the player ends up putting up. A player who appears to have manufactured speed or a player that was slow when that player HAD a slight stumble or hitch is another reason why I don't put much stock in somebody's opinion who thinks a player performed well or stunk it up but didn't actually see what the run looked like.

For me the combine is so visual. Every little thing in an event is a puzzle piece to the overall puzzle of a player coming into the NFL. Not all times are equal and you can't look at every single time the same way in my opinion. You NEED to see what these times look like. You need to be able to compare a player from what he looks at the combine to what he looks like on the field. You need to take into account for any stumbles, missteps, hitches, or any kind of techniques you see that may have helped a player produce a better result but something that isn't pertinent to football.

Unfortunately, the combine isn't as visual for some in the media and there's still a belief that a 4.40 or a 4.45 or a 4.50 are semi equal if the players measurements are equal. That's wrong. It's even more unfortunate how so many fans are getting so wrapped up into the spectacle of it but don't necessarily know how to analyze what they're seeing correctly in my opinion. There's so many little things, some of which I've pointed out, that go into it. Every little thing like I said is a puzzle piece. A certain number for one player doesn't mean that the same number for another player means the same thing for that player.

Hopefully most of that made sense for everybody.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To some degree, if you watch athletes train and work out long enough, you can tell which ones show up to the combine with a bit of manufactured speed as opposed to just straight football speed in my opinion. You can tell to some degree which ones have more functional football speed and what looks more fake to where it won't look the same when they step onto the field. I wouldn't expect very many regular, every day sports fans to be able to look at a guy and be able to tell but if you have watched guys prepare and know a little bit about what they teach guys in speed training, you can often spot certain things that show that his speed at the combine isn't as functional from a football perspective.

Also, I've said for the past couple years now that I don't want to hear anybody's opinion and don't listen to a lot of people speak on a player at the combine unless they actually saw that player run or perform with their own two eyes.

Often a player will have a slight stumble or hitch at the beginning, middle, or end of his run in an event. NOT so much so that he's whistled to start again, but enough of something to where it plays a part in the time the player ends up putting up. A player who appears to have manufactured speed or a player that was slow when that player HAD a slight stumble or hitch is another reason why I don't put much stock in somebody's opinion who thinks a player performed well or stunk it up but didn't actually see what the run looked like.

For me the combine is so visual. Every little thing in an event is a puzzle piece to the overall puzzle of a player coming into the NFL. Not all times are equal and you can't look at every single time the same way in my opinion. You NEED to see what these times look like. You need to be able to compare a player from what he looks at the combine to what he looks like on the field. You need to take into account for any stumbles, missteps, hitches, or any kind of techniques you see that may have helped a player produce a better result but something that isn't pertinent to football.

Unfortunately, the combine isn't as visual for some in the media and there's still a belief that a 4.40 or a 4.45 or a 4.50 are semi equal if the players measurements are equal. That's wrong. It's even more unfortunate how so many fans are getting so wrapped up into the spectacle of it but don't necessarily know how to analyze what they're seeing correctly in my opinion. There's so many little things, some of which I've pointed out, that go into it. Every little thing like I said is a puzzle piece. A certain number for one player doesn't mean that the same number for another player means the same thing for that player.

Hopefully most of that made sense for everybody.

:clap::clap2:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seantrel Henderson - T - Hurricanes

Miami T Seantrel Henderson ran two unofficial forty times of 5.03 seconds with a personal best 10 yard split of 1.71 seconds.

Henderson has always had great upside and flashed it on the field. Predominantly lining up at right tackle, the former top recruit has a great combination of agility and power. However, questions come with Henderson's evaluation. He could be a great player in the right situation, but he has a lot to work on, including on the field.

Feb 22 - 9:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

South Carolina edge player Jadeveon Clowney measured in at 6-foot-5 and 1/4 inches and 266 pounds at the NFL Combine.

That'll do. Clowney also has 34 and 1/2 inch arms. At his Combine, Julius Peppers was 6'6/283 pounds while Mario Williams was 6'7/295 pounds. Expect Clowney to put on a show on Monday. He is expected to participate in every test.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Feb 22 - 8:24 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joel Bitonio - T - Wolf Pack

Nevada OL Joel Bitonio posted two unofficial forty times of 5.00 and 4.91 seconds at the NFL Combine.

Bitonio also had great unofficial 10 yard splits of 1.68 and 1.74 seconds. The Nevada offensive lineman did not hurt himself at the Senior Bowl and is one of the easier movers among the big men. He performed well against Boise State's Demarcus Lawrence.

Feb 22 - 10:04 AM