• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NCAA Season / 2015 NFL Draft

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Makes sense. He's the size of a big receiver right now. He'd dominate as a receiver IMO like Mike Evans did. Don't like him as a receiver in the NFL though (like I didn't think much of Evans either).

Michigan needs to put Shane Morris in at QB and move Devin Garner to WR. Having Funchess and Garner to throw to would be some big targets. But I'm a tOSU guy so I hope they don't

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favourite prospects in college FB this season (probably) is going to be Michigan TE Devin Funchess. With Vernon's contract expiring after the 2015 season, I wouldn't be completely opposed to developing someone to replace him. Vernon will be 32, and his game is all about speed. At 32, how much speed is he really gonna have left?

2016 could be a rough year for the salary Kap (that was for you Whysies), and the Niners might have bigger needs than re-signing an aging Davis. Might.

Devin Funchess reminds me a lot of Julian Thomas. He strikes me as one of those players who's gonna struggle early on due to the fact that his core strength isn't there yet (especially if he comes out as a junior). But after a year or 2, I think he's gonna blow up. He has the assets that can't be taught IMO like coordination & good hands.

I'm hoping Michigan's offense struggles & he comes out early so maybe the Niners can nab him in the 2nd or 3rd.

tyty

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michigan needs to put Shane Morris in at QB and move Devin Garner to WR. Having Funchess and Garner to throw to would be some big targets. But I'm a tOSU guy so I hope they don't

Rumors are they're starting Shane Morris this year.

I believe if they do move Garner, it would be to TE, not WR. The guys strength is underrated.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrus Peat - T - Cardinal

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes Stanford junior T Andrus Peat "still has work to do in terms of technique, patience and playing with better balance."

"But man does he have an enormous ceiling," Weidl drooled. The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Peat is likely to declare for the draft after this season, and experts are calling him a potential top 10 pick. In addition to his ideal NFL size, Peat is a superb athlete who is a premium technician, as you'd expect from a Stanford product. "Peat is thick (tree trunks for legs), powerful and very athletic/agile," Weidl wrote.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jun 6 - 8:44 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus Peat - T - Cardinal

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes Stanford junior T Andrus Peat "still has work to do in terms of technique, patience and playing with better balance."

"But man does he have an enormous ceiling," Weidl drooled. The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Peat is likely to declare for the draft after this season, and experts are calling him a potential top 10 pick. In addition to his ideal NFL size, Peat is a superb athlete who is a premium technician, as you'd expect from a Stanford product. "Peat is thick (tree trunks for legs), powerful and very athletic/agile," Weidl wrote.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jun 6 - 8:44 PM

Tremendous prospect. One of my favorite OTs since I've been following the draft closely.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think he's a big part of the reason David Yankey was so overrated all last year.

2015 in general looks much, much better to me compared to the '14 draft, which I thought was overrated on all fronts, to be honest. I love the top, as well, with Peat and Gregory, two of my favorite prospects at OT and DE respectively in a while.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2015 in general looks much, much better to me compared to the '14 draft, which I thought was overrated on all fronts, to be honest. I love the top, as well, with Peat and Gregory, two of my favorite prospects at OT and DE respectively in a while.

This is said every year.

But I've been waiting for this CB class though for the past 3 years.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is said every year.

I've been waiting for the QB class of 2015. That particular position alone could tip the scale within any given division causing a team like the Rams or Cardinals to become the best team in their respective conference. It's a very scary position for us to really monitor going forward.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He and Leonard Williams will make this upcoming college season a very exciting one to watch. Vic Beasly amongst the other very talented pass rushers will make 2015 rush a special class.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cedric Ogbuehi - T - Aggies

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that senior T Cedric Ogbuehi has a "very high ceiling."

"A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi has outstanding foot quickness, bends easy and recovers smoothly. Needs to get a little stronger but very high ceiling," Jeremiah Tweeted. The Aggies prospect will shift from right tackle to left tackle this year to replace Jake Matthews. There is a good chance if Ogbuehi continues to improve and avoids injury, he could go in the top half of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jun 8 - 7:43 AM

Cedric Ogbuehi - T - Aggies

NFL scouts disagreed with the NFL scouting service ranking of OT Brandon Scherff as the best senior prospect; draft insider Tony Pauline says the group calls Texas A&M senior T Cedric Ogbuehi "much better."

Ogbuehi and Scherff are about to embark upon an eight-month competition to determine which tackle will go first in the 2015 draft. Scherff is more of a finished product and sure thing, which might be why the NFL scouting service prefers him, while Ogbuehi's prognosis has a lot of projection in it. Blessed with superb length and athleticism, Ogbuehi is shifting from right tackle to left this year.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Jun 7 - 11:00 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Scherff - T - Hawkeyes

Draft insider Tony Pauline reports that the NFL scouting service grades Iowa OT Brandon Scherff as the best senior prospect at any position.

Scherff would have been in competition with such prospects as OT Cedric Ogbuehi, OT Cameron Erving, CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, edge rusher Vic Beasley and QB Bryce Petty. There's obviously almost a year left to go in the process, but this is a nice starting point for the Hawkeyes' mauler. He's started 20 straight at left tackle and has been clocked under 5 seconds in the forty.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Jun 7 - 10:44 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been waiting for the QB class of 2015.

What do you think of Bryce Petty? I think he's been spoiled, and he might be overrated (might), but he's been getting a bit of love in the draft circles.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you think of Bryce Petty? I think he's been spoiled, and he might be overrated (might), but he's been getting a bit of love in the draft circles.

He has a lot of Blake Bortles in his game. However, he has much better quickness in terms of scanning the field and finding the open receiver. He makes very quick decisions in getting the ball out if his hands. He's underrated scrambler, you have to respect his mobility.

I'm not all that impress with his arm strength though - seems to lack some velocity in his passes. I do however admire his touch passes (very catchable balls).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is said every year.

That's nice to know, because it definitely isn't said by me every year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who else is on the draft-DGB bandwagon with me?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am sick.. If he lasts, go for it.. I

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bryce Petty is getting some love this offseason, but a closer look at some Baylor games helped me notice his teammate Eddie Lackey (MLB). This dude is extremely impressive & fast for a LB (he's listed at 228). In fact, he might look fast enough to play safety in the NFL.

Too bad the Niners don't have a big need at S or ILB.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryce Petty is getting some love this offseason, but a closer look at some Baylor games helped me notice his teammate Eddie Lackey (MLB). This dude is extremely impressive & fast for a LB (he's listed at 228). In fact, he might look fast enough to play safety in the NFL.

Too bad the Niners don't have a big need at S or ILB.

Looks like he's a UDFA after some googling

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is on the draft-DGB bandwagon with me?

It really depends on so much. I don't like the idea of him sittin this year out. There are a couple CB's I'd take over him right now, but if he plays this year out and progresses, then I would love to grab him as long as the coaching staff feels comfortable with his off the field issues.