• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NCAA Season / 2015 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what would be interesting is if you re-post your top ten from last year.

It's in the other thread, "2013 NCAA Season / 2014 NFL Draft" which was created by Sick. Not sure where that thread went.:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's in the other thread, "2013 NCAA Season / 2014 NFL Draft" which was created by Sick. Not sure where that thread went.:noidea:

I un-stickied it because the draft's over. The thread is still there though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I un-stickied it because the draft's over. The thread is still there though.

Ok. Thanks. I found it.

Deep,

It appears as though I didn't include my top ten in that particular thread (I do recall however in submitting one). It may have posted it in another thread pertaining to that particular subject (top rank players for next year)?! Anyway, I did however post a positional ranking in Sick's thread, not a top ten ranking.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2976993-post40.html

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok. Thanks. I found it.

Deep,

It appears as though I didn't include my top ten in that particular thread (I do recall however in submitting one). It may have posted it in another thread pertaining to that particular subject (top rank players for next year)?! Anyway, I did however post a positional ranking in Sick's thread, not a top ten ranking.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2976993-post40.html

mahalo Bingo, and sure enough......was interesting to see.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think a week is long enough to move on to the next draft. :D

Amari Cooper. Poor man's Sammy Watkins?

Mr. Cooper Seems better at getting jump balls, seems like he has better hands, but Watkins seems like he gets open better. Your thoughts?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's my way-too-early sleeper guy nobody's talking about for some reason:

Baylor WR Antwan Goodley. This guy is one of the toughest receivers I've ever seen play. He's built like a big RB ready to run people over, but he's also really fast & has good hands. I don't know if he returns kicks, but he could be great at that; and I think he could be good enough to start in the NFL and put the hurt to some DBs.

He's listed at 5'10 220. If those numbers are true then the guy's gonna be a bowling ball. The only problems I see are I don't know how good he's going to be at getting jump balls, and he faced pretty lackluster defenses for the most part. Regardless, I think he's extremely underrated.

At the same time, is Baylor QB Bryce Petty overrated because of Goodley?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thoughts on Ducks CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu?

Covers like the next Jason Verrett; is a more-than-willing hitter, but he's pretty small (like Verrett).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Andrus Peat looks like a legit' OLT. He's probably the reason David Yankey was so overrated all season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Worst name in the draft: Todd Gurley.

Best name in the draft: Jaylen Strong?

...By the way, I'd love to see Jaylen Strong on the Niners next year. He's got some serious skillz.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worst name in the draft: Todd Gurley.

Best name in the draft: Jaylen Strong?

...By the way, I'd love to see Jaylen Strong on the Niners next year. He's got some serious skillz.

Jaylen Strong is definitely a great prospect. I think at this point though I would prefer to go with Austin Hill. People seem to have forgotten the type of year he had in 2012:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And to be frank with you my true #2 receiver on my ranking is actually Stefon Diggs. The only reason I omitted him from my top 10 is only because I don't know how he is responding back from that devastating knee injury he suffered last season. If he is able to bounce back at 100% then I will not hesitate to reveal him on my top 5 overall ranking. I think so highly of him as a player.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say next year we go CB in round one unless we sign some via FA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jaylen Strong is definitely a great prospect. I think at this point though I would prefer to go with Austin Hill. People seem to have forgotten the type of year he had in 2012:

Austin Hill will definitely be a guy to watch this year & see how he comes back from that ACL tear.

Not as excited about your Terp boy Diggs. He's definitely nifty, but at his size I'd prefer a guy who's an absolute blazer like Brandin cooks. Diggs is a little skinny for my taste. But maybe he'll surprise me. Like we all know: it's WAY too early, and a bit obsessive to be breaking down players for a year from now. :D

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And to be frank with you my true #2 receiver on my ranking is actually Stefon Diggs. The only reason I omitted him from my top 10 is only because I don't know how he is responding back from that devastating knee injury he suffered last season. If he is able to bounce back at 100% then I will not hesitate to reveal him on my top 5 overall ranking. I think so highly of him as a player.

That's pretty high. He looks NFL caliber, but I wouldn't place money on him starting over the Nebraska boys. Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell are two DJAXs on the same team. Can't wait to see them play this year

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's pretty high. He looks NFL caliber, but I wouldn't place money on him starting over the Nebraska boys. Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell are two DJAXs on the same team. Can't wait to see them play this year

He's a dynamic player capable of taking over a game. He's not quite on the same level as Sammy Watkins, but he's a special player indeed in his own right.

Next year DEs class could be special. What do you think of USC's Leonard Williams?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's a dynamic player capable of taking over a game. He's not quite on the same level as Sammy Watkins, but he's a special player indeed in his own right.

Next year DEs class could be special. What do you think of USC's Leonard Williams?

Diggs = Poor man's Percy Harvin

I feel like he's a player you have to draw up special plays for. He's not as fast, strong, or laterally quick as Percy, but he has more strength than Percy had in college so I won't say it's something that's out of reach. He's a playmaker but not a top ten quality on the big board.

DE is more Sickness' forte.

But from USC there's another WR that's better than Diggs and his name is Nelson Agholor.

EDIT: Next year Diggs plays PSU. Certainly will keep an eye on the Diggs v. Amos matchup

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Williams is good. He's long & powerful; a rare combination. Takes on a lot of double teams. Has a strong punch in his upper body. And he looks pretty quick for a guy listed at 290. I think he's gonna be picked way too high for the Niners to get him.