• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2014 NBA Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn didn't get Early.

Joe Harris though

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early really slipped.

BTW I always knew it was a dumb move for Big Dog son to come out. I never thought he was special at Michigan

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York fans seem reasonably happy.

They usually boo no matter what....

I think the city is getting mellow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York fans seem reasonably happy.

They usually boo no matter what....

I think the city is getting mellow.

No reason to boo there.

Got a first round talent in the 2nd round after not having any draft picks 48 hours ago.....Oh yeah he is a NY kid as well

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napier pick was for LBJ. He wanted him and Miami got him. Only good thing about Napier is that he won a National Championship. Had a good tournament. Wasn't having a great season but winning it all has to mean something. I just don't see him making it in the NBA. For miami hope it works out for you guys I just don't see it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napier pick was for LBJ. He wanted him and Miami got him. Only good thing about Napier is that he won a National Championship. Had a good tournament. Wasn't having a great season but winning it all has to mean something. I just don't see him making it in the NBA. For miami hope it works out for you guys I just don't see it.

I think he'll do fine in the NBA. He's a defensive player that has a decent jump shot, similar to Avery Bradley. Guys like him can always find a role in the league.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man nobody is gonna draft CJ Fair or Deandre Kane? I really hope the Lakers go after Fair depending on how it effects the cap

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tends to happen when teams waste a ton of draft picks on these garbage international players

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft thoughts:

-It's crazy how deep this draft was. You can go into the 30s and make a reasonable case that just about each player can make it in the league. That's so rare

-Damn near every team had a pretty good draft. There's only a couple I question what's up

-Those 2 ?s are Toronto and OKC. Toronto was summed up by Fran Frascilla "He's 2 years away from being 2 years away". But OKC was just odd. They must really love their scouting because there were several players that could come in and help (Hood, Early, Hairston, Napier, etc) and instead they come up with 2 players that I figured may be 2nd round picks at best.

-Philly is loading up on assest. Last year's draft, this year's, and they'll still suck so they'll have high picks in 2015. If Embiid pans out, they should have a very solid young core around him. If he doesn't...well, at least they might be able to swing some trades.

-I don't get all the Napier love. He was great college player who's stock got inflated only because they went deep in the tourny. If they lost in round 1, Napier is a 2nd round pick. He's got good numbers, but I just don't see the swag and it factor that I saw from the guy he gets compared to the most, Kemba Walker. That said, I think he's decent enough to find a role on a team. But I really don't see him being all that much better than Chalmers or Cole. Fit wise, I actually think PJ Hairston would have been better for them but its obvious Riley is catering to Lebron (rightly so) because Lebron has a crush on Napier.

-Very classy move by the NBA to honor Isaiah Austin. I felt so bad for him when I read the news on him a few days ago. I can't even imagine the heartbreak he must feel being that close to his dream and have it taken away. Major props to the NBA. I got a little misty eyed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously you never know in the draft, but looking at the board as the 26 th pick was approaching the 2 names of interest were Napier and Hairston.
Napier becomes the obvious choice if you can get him. Reasons why:
Most important, James has a man crush on him. But roster wise, you are hurting the feelings of Cole/Chalmers.
If you target Hairston, you're stepping on the toes of Wade/Allen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you never know in the draft, but looking at the board as the 26 th pick was approaching the 2 names of interest were Napier and Hairston.
Napier becomes the obvious choice if you can get him. Reasons why:
Most important, James has a man crush on him. But roster wise, you are hurting the feelings of Cole/Chalmers.
If you target Hairston, you're stepping on the toes of Wade/Allen.

I agree with you n this but truth be told wade and Allen are getting old and PJ would of been nice pick up for you guys. Let him sit a year or play little time and next year he can be a nice role players for Miami.

Truth be told if I was Miami I wouldn't sign Allen. Guy is getting old and his defense is really bad and his shot isn't great anymore. I remember he missed 5 open shot in a row in the Finals. Miami needs to get younger and more athletic who can play defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston had a great draft. Smart and Young. Nice moves. Also Like what Philly did. Suns also had a nice draft. Jazz had a good draft.

I like what my Bulls did. They wanted their guy and they got him.

Magic with the had a bad draft.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you n this but truth be told wade and Allen are getting old and PJ would of been nice pick up for you guys. Let him sit a year or play little time and next year he can be a nice role players for Miami.

Truth be told if I was Miami I wouldn't sign Allen. Guy is getting old and his defense is really bad and his shot isn't great anymore. I remember he missed 5 open shot in a row in the Finals. Miami needs to get younger and more athletic who can play defense.

They need to sign Allen, BUT then remember his role. They played him way too many minutes at times during the playoffs, essentially because nobody else was making shots.

He should play maybe 5-6 minutes in the first half, and then be fresh and available if they need him for the last 5-6 minutes of games.

I'll live or die with him shooting in about any late game situation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

They need to sign Allen, BUT then remember his role. They played him way too many minutes at times during the playoffs, essentially because nobody else was making shots.

He should play maybe 5-6 minutes in the first half, and then be fresh and available if they need him for the last 5-6 minutes of games.

I'll live or die with him shooting in about any late game situation.

:agree: Allen has one of the most pure shots in league history and keeps himself in great shape. No reason that he can't be effective for at least 2-3 more seasons if used as you describe.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napier is a roleplayer.
He won't suddenly become an allstar. He was probably a borderline 1st/2nd round pick.

But his true value was in the Lebron factor. LBJ wants to play with him.

If the HEAT drafted a "semi-reach" in the first round + resign Lebron = WIN FOR HEAT.
If the HEAT drafted a safer choice in the first round + Lebron walks = LOSS FOR HEAT.

In that context, it was a great pick for Miami and an A+
Now, if Lebron suddenly changes his mind, then its probably nothing more than a C+ grade.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think heat fans think napier is going to be some future all star. He just needs to be better than cole/Chalmers.