• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Money In The Bank PPV thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think majority of the WWE fans would like Ziggler to have the title back.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the IWC is rioting....

even the dudes who are Cena lovers are admitting they are tired of this.

Terrible move IMO by WWE. So many other options, that would have still kept Bryan relevant for the title on his return.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"But every single one of you complaining about John Cena winning the title are EXACTLY the same people who complain that WWE rushes the title to stars before they are ready, inevitably resulting in their fall from grace into mid-card irrelevance."

Cena and Orton have been dominating the title picture for a decade. I'm pretty sure 10 years is a legitimate amount of time to build other people up as main eventers.

If the Cena/Orton era had been a boom period I'd get it. Wrestling's lost any mainstream relevance during their run. I feel like DB and CM Punk each gave it a temporary spark.... the pipe bomb and Yes chant captured the attention of non-diehards..

With all that said I have no issue with Cena's title win as long as he jobs CLEANLY to Lesnar at SS

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the IWC is rioting....

even the dudes who are Cena lovers are admitting they are tired of this.

Terrible move IMO by WWE. So many other options, that would have still kept Bryan relevant for the title on his return.

To be fair I don't think the WWE had many legitimate options.

SummerSlam is coming up and so are WWE subscription renewals. They need a huge money match for SummerSlam. DB vs Lesnar would have been perfect, but with DB on the shelf Cena/Lesnar is the only legitimate option imo. Reigns/Lesnar will be an epic match in 2015. Orton/Lesnar doesn't work as both are pur heels. None of the other options are SummerSlam worthy draws at this point.

Wyatt and Cesaro need legitimate title runs early in their career. They'd lose more than they'd gain with a short title run. Sheamus and ADR are solid upper mid carders, nothing more.

Between Bryan's injury and WWE's poor longterm booking I almost think they had to put the title on Cena

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Ziggler carried that briefcase for almost a year, it was exhausting. Since we are going back to the way things were, I am glad they did not go back there. Cena is a face/heel to fans. best of both worlds for WWE in their current state of the mess they are in.

That amazon poster, personally, I see no reason to think Lesnar is gonna get a belt if he is not gonna show up on tv or more than 6 appearances a year. We know he will be around for wrestlemania and summer slam, I saw no decisive title match with cena, it would have worked with no belt. But you guys would be happy to watch 220 pound bryan beat 300 pound lesnar. I want to see a 6 second pin with these 300 pounders that should destroy the little ones. Maybe that would get it out of your systems.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"I see no reason to think Lesnar is gonna get a belt if he is not gonna show up on tv or more than 6 appearances a year"

He's a crossover star with a legitimate background as a UFC Champion. His last WWE PPV appearance had the most talked about match in years. The money is in Lesnar/Cena, Lesnar/Bryan and eventually Lesnar/Reigns. They can survive without a title defense at a couple of minor PPVs. DB's injury showed that. Plus Heyman will be on Raw every week to act as Lesnar's promo guy

I'd be surprised if they don't ride the momentum of the streak and put the belt on Lesnar

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to say this, :laugh3: :lol: at all the Cena hate in this thread.

For me it isn't hate for Cena as much as it's the WWE's lack of creativity. Seems like we've seen this storyline before & we all know how it's going to end. People argue that the WWE had no other options with CM Punk leaving & Daniel Bryan getting injured, but it seemed that the whole WWE Universe was ready to get on the Roman Reigns bandwagon & that would've been the way to go. Just sucks that ever since they went public there has been no creativity or risks in their plots.

Goldy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,059.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue is the Cena win seemed to come out of no where. The amount of TV time you've seen Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, Barrett, Sheamus and such made it seem as though we would see someone other than Cena win. He just hasn't seem to have much presence on TV recently. Terrible point, but thats my thought.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently there worried about Orton's head injury.

11 stitches and gonna be checking his head and brain b4 Raw

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But every single one of you complaining about John Cena winning the title are EXACTLY the same people who complain that WWE rushes the title to stars before they are ready, inevitably resulting in their fall from grace into mid-card irrelevance."

Cena and Orton have been dominating the title picture for a decade. I'm pretty sure 10 years is a legitimate amount of time to build other people up as main eventers.

If the Cena/Orton era had been a boom period I'd get it. Wrestling's lost any mainstream relevance during their run. I feel like DB and CM Punk each gave it a temporary spark.... the pipe bomb and Yes chant captured the attention of non-diehards..

With all that said I have no issue with Cena's title win as long as he jobs CLEANLY to Lesnar at SS

You are insane if you think WWE has lost it's mainstream capability because Cena has been the top dog. There is a reason that Cena is the most requested wish giver for Make A Wish. For those that don't really have a rooting interest in WWE, Cena is their guy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NEtwork subscriptions runs up AFTER SummerSlam. So really the build of mega stars doesn't need to be there exactly. But I would have been happy with anyone else matching up against Lesnar.

Again, at Extreme Rules 1 year ago, Lesnar beat the piss out of CEna for 15 minutes, only to have Super Cena arrive and get the win within 30 seconds. Absolute joke. We've seen this storyline before. Cena vs Lesnar isn't anything to be stoked about.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NEtwork subscriptions runs up AFTER SummerSlam. So really the build of mega stars doesn't need to be there exactly. But I would have been happy with anyone else matching up against Lesnar.

Again, at Extreme Rules 1 year ago, Lesnar beat the piss out of CEna for 15 minutes, only to have Super Cena arrive and get the win within 30 seconds. Absolute joke. We've seen this storyline before. Cena vs Lesnar isn't anything to be stoked about.

:agree:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing...WWE gave brock lesnar the biggest heat move by having him end the streak. Basically they throw that heat away because Lesnar is going to get a lot of cheers when he faces Cena.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cena is billed to white trash America. Why does his merch sell so much? Well, simple really. The same reason Duck Dynasty is making triple the money they are now than they ever have.
They got their merch into Wal Mart.

You have to keep feeding him bones so all those southerners and hillbillies can feel good about going to buy another $6 Cena shirt.

And to think Super Cena is a Yankee.... :tsk: