• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Money In The Bank PPV thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are insane if you think WWE has lost it's mainstream capability because Cena has been the top dog. There is a reason that Cena is the most requested wish giver for Make A Wish. For those that don't really have a rooting interest in WWE, Cena is their guy.

I don't think Cena is personally responsible for wrestling becoming creatively and commercially stagnant over the past 10 years. His character is a symptom of the problem rather than the cause of it.

I commend him for his charity work. But he's been pushed as a super hero at the expense of the rest of the roster for a decade. Of course he's the most popular wrestler. But I strongly feel if the WWF was in this type of comfort zone in the mid/late 90s Steve Austin is a midcarder and the blue chipper Rocky Maivia is getting booed by 75 percent of the crowd because he's "polarizing". Cena's safe as he market well to the younger generation. That's his appeal. He should be a top guy, but almost anyone as thee top guy for a decade is ridiculous

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the NEtwork subscriptions runs up AFTER SummerSlam. So really the build of mega stars doesn't need to be there exactly. But I would have been happy with anyone else matching up against Lesnar.

Again, at Extreme Rules 1 year ago, Lesnar beat the piss out of CEna for 15 minutes, only to have Super Cena arrive and get the win within 30 seconds. Absolute joke. We've seen this storyline before. Cena vs Lesnar isn't anything to be stoked about.

It's the PPV the week of subscription renewals. It also leads to an inevitable rematch for the next cycle. With the Network performing below expectations they needed to go with their big money program. It's hard to argue against Cena/Lesnar as that matchup.

I'm not excited for it per se, but it's a big time main event match at a crucial time

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing...WWE gave brock lesnar the biggest heat move by having him end the streak. Basically they throw that heat away because Lesnar is going to get a lot of cheers when he faces Cena.

I dont really believe it was written that way. Undertaker could not perform, there was almost no way he could have finished lesnar in any believable way. It could have been an old time wrestling call with the ref telling taker to lie down.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cena is personally responsible for wrestling becoming creatively and commercially stagnant over the past 10 years. His character is a symptom of the problem rather than the cause of it.

I commend him for his charity work. But he's been pushed as a super hero at the expense of the rest of the roster for a decade. Of course he's the most popular wrestler. But I strongly feel if the WWF was in this type of comfort zone in the mid/late 90s Steve Austin is a midcarder and the blue chipper Rocky Maivia is getting booed by 75 percent of the crowd because he's "polarizing". Cena's safe as he market well to the younger generation. That's his appeal. He should be a top guy, but almost anyone as thee top guy for a decade is ridiculous

Oh of this is the product WWF rolls out in the late 90s. We are talking WCW right now and not WWF.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really believe it was written that way. Undertaker could not perform, there was almost no way he could have finished lesnar in any believable way. It could have been an old time wrestling call with the ref telling taker to lie down.

taker wanted the streak to die for the last couple of years. Lesnar was the only one that was willing to do it. Previous wrestlers turned down the opportunity because they didn't want to be remembered as the one who ended the streak.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see Brock going for the title and committing to the schedule. If anything the cena lesnar poster might actually be a grudge match, if Brock F-5's Cena and Rollins runs down with the briefcase to get the belt, Cena will want Lesnar more than getting the title back.

Maybe then it will be Rollins vs Ambrose for a while and then and Rollins vs Reigns.

Was it still two belts at the ppv?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see Brock going for the title and committing to the schedule. If anything the cena lesnar poster might actually be a grudge match, if Brock F-5's Cena and Rollins runs down with the briefcase to get the belt, Cena will want Lesnar more than getting the title back.

Maybe then it will be Rollins vs Ambrose for a while and then and Rollins vs Reigns.

Was it still two belts at the ppv?

Yes, still 2 belts, which is stupid considering on WWE's website, they have moved the World Heavyweight Title to the retired titles section.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cena is billed to white trash America. Why does his merch sell so much? Well, simple really. The same reason Duck Dynasty is making triple the money they are now than they ever have.
They got their merch into Wal Mart.

You have to keep feeding him bones so all those southerners and hillbillies can feel good about going to buy another $6 Cena shirt.

And to think Super Cena is a Yankee.... :tsk:

Wow, this is so disrespectful it's not even funny.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outcomes for SummerSlam. Lets hype Lesnar as the beast then have Cena of course SuperCena win. Rollins comes down and cashes..

OR

Lesnar wins as he legitimately should, and Paul Heyman keeps Brock off television because the WWE universe doesn't deserve to see his client Brock Lesnar on a weekly basis. Brock only appears at PPVs or only defends his title once every 2-3 months (sorta like UFC) All because Paul Heyman continues to push that Lesnar is too big for WWE daily schedule.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outcomes for SummerSlam. Lets hype Lesnar as the beast then have Cena of course SuperCena win. Rollins comes down and cashes..

OR

Lesnar wins as he legitimately should, and Paul Heyman keeps Brock off television because the WWE universe doesn't deserve to see his client Brock Lesnar on a weekly basis. Brock only appears at PPVs or only defends his title once every 2-3 months (sorta like UFC) All because Paul Heyman continues to push that Lesnar is too big for WWE daily schedule.

I would actually rather have Cena be the champ than Brock be some champion that only shows up for PPV's.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR

Its not Heyman, its that Brock is pussy whipped by Sable, which is the angle I would use to call him out.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's a hypothetical scenario for a Lesnar title reign..

Wins at SS

Defends at NOC

Skips HIAC

Defends at Survivor Series

Skips TLC

Defends at RR

Defends at EC

Defends at WM and loses

Since you've used 3 of his appearances in the first 3 PPVs of 2015 don't bring him back until SS at the absolute earliest.

I think it works perfectly. I can live without the title being defended at 2 PPVs over a 7 month span to get Lesnar an extended title run. To me Lesnar's awesome and his matches feel like the biggest attraction in wrestling right now

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a hypothetical scenario for a Lesnar title reign..

Wins at SS

Defends at NOC

Skips HIAC

Defends at Survivor Series

Skips TLC

Defends at RR

Defends at EC

Defends at WM and loses

Since you've used 3 of his appearances in the first 3 PPVs of 2015 don't bring him back until SS at the absolute earliest.

I think it works perfectly. I can live without the title being defended at 2 PPVs over a 7 month span to get Lesnar an extended title run. To me Lesnar's awesome and his matches feel like the biggest attraction in wrestling right now

So Brock is going to be our next long term champion…

:L

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Brock is going to be our next long term champion…

:L

I think you have to get as much juice as you can out of the Undertaker's streak being broken.

People are tired of Cena and Orton

Punk Left

Bryan's injured

Cesaro and Wyatt don't feel ready yet for a longtime title reign imo

Roman Reigns is over with the crowd, but I think 20 minute title matches would expose his in ring limitations. He has every trait needed to be a franchise guy but he needs more polish.

Lesnar would be the best long term champion as of now imo

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to get as much juice as you can out of the Undertaker's streak being broken.

People are tired of Cena and Orton

Punk Left

Bryan's injured

Cesaro and Wyatt don't feel ready yet for a longtime title reign imo

Roman Reigns is over with the crowd, but I think 20 minute title matches would expose his in ring limitations. He has every trait needed to be a franchise guy but he needs more polish.

Lesnar would be the best long term champion as of now imo

I just don't think I'm going to be paying much attention to the WWEWHC until Seth Rollins cashes in the contract. Now we'll have a champion with no mic skills of his own, who won't show up on Raw, and will only participate in major PPV's. No doubt he has a great ring presence, but what good is that if he's hardly ever going to be in the ring?
:gaah:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just needs to take their chance with Roman Reigns IMO. Really what I'm hearing is that he's really not that good. Well if he fails he fails, we got a great talent in Seth Rollins waiting to cash in the MITB contract just in case Reigns fails.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys happen to read some of the comments toward the writer?? WOW!!

:omg:

Yeah, I read a few, I didn't care too much for that article because fans of all sports get upset if the same team(s) are always at the top. People want change, we get tired of the same old. I really feel the writer of the article missed that concept.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But every single one of you complaining about John Cena winning the title are EXACTLY the same people who complain that WWE rushes the title to stars before they are ready, inevitably resulting in their fall from grace into mid-card irrelevance."

Cena and Orton have been dominating the title picture for a decade. I'm pretty sure 10 years is a legitimate amount of time to build other people up as main eventers.

If the Cena/Orton era had been a boom period I'd get it. Wrestling's lost any mainstream relevance during their run. I feel like DB and CM Punk each gave it a temporary spark.... the pipe bomb and Yes chant captured the attention of non-diehards..

With all that said I have no issue with Cena's title win as long as he jobs CLEANLY to Lesnar at SS

The problem to me is not Cena and Orton. Rather the lack of utilizing the talent on the roster over the years. Too many guys that would've been great, got pushed to the side. Eventually those people either quit or were fired.