• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 MLB Draft

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This information is useless to Yankee fans.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely think we should grab a hitter who can make the jump to the big leagues rather quickly. I think we have enough pitching in the majors and the minors. Last year we may have drafted the best power-hitter in the draft in Dom Smith, this year, I hope we can grab a College bat.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely think we should grab a hitter who can make the jump to the big leagues rather quickly. I think we have enough pitching in the majors and the minors. Last year we may have drafted the best power-hitter in the draft in Dom Smith, this year, I hope we can grab a College bat.

Conforto would be a good pick for the Mets.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoffman injury really fucks things up. I'm hoping the Twins take Jackson but the smoke is saying Nick Gordon.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to get excited about the MLB draft. Unlike the NFL or NBA, none of these guys are going to be impact players as soon as they are drafted (go through the minors right out of the gate) and even then, it seems like more times than not, players don't pan out. Unless these guys are a Bryce Harper or Steven Strasberg type of talent, it usually takes 3-4 years for a lot of these guys to make their big league debuts, so you don't really have any sort of way to gauge just how good a draft class is until 7 or 8 years after the draft.

Then again, I'm not a big follower of college baseball and I don't keep track of who the big name guys out of high school are, so perhaps it's just a matter of being uninformed and not seeing the "potential" these guys have when they get drafted. Another thing is so many prospects get traded in MLB nowadays that even if my team drafts a player, I have doubts that they'll ever play a game for my team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to get excited about the MLB draft. Unlike the NFL or NBA, none of these guys are going to be impact players as soon as they are drafted (go through the minors right out of the gate) and even then, it seems like more times than not, players don't pan out. Unless these guys are a Bryce Harper or Steven Strasberg type of talent, it usually takes 3-4 years for a lot of these guys to make their big league debuts, so you don't really have any sort of way to gauge just how good a draft class is until 7 or 8 years after the draft.

Then again, I'm not a big follower of college baseball and I don't keep track of who the big name guys out of high school are, so perhaps it's just a matter of being uninformed and not seeing the "potential" these guys have when they get drafted. Another thing is so many prospects get traded in MLB nowadays that even if my team drafts a player, I have doubts that they'll ever play a game for my team.

:agree:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hate this new Baseball America layout..

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris sale did but it is rare