• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Free Agent List

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i could play NT against the rams line...

Richard Seymour? Is that you?

Dude! Call up Trent Baalke & help rejuvenate this Niners' team. We could use ya at both NT and DE.

...And at offensive left tackle at the end of games where the Niners are up by 3+ touchdowns.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People on the Seattle board are talking like Brandon Browner is eventually going to lose his job to Walter Thurmond. He's a FA after this year. What do you think of taking a look at him in the offseason? He'll be 30 by then. He's 6'4 221, so I would imagine some teams might want to try him at safety.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People on the Seattle board are talking like Brandon Browner is eventually going to lose his job to Walter Thurmond. He's a FA after this year. What do you think of taking a look at him in the offseason? He'll be 30 by then. He's 6'4 221, so I would imagine some teams might want to try him at safety.

I'd be highly interested as a fan if the background check checks out OK.

I've said it before but I'll say it again that I'd also be interested in seeing how much it'd take to sign Vontae Davis if the Colts let him test FA.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is funny because when Alex Smith was the QB, the no WR who get no separation excuse was not accepted but now all the sudden it is.

You kill your entire point that we should extend him by pointing out that he still hasn't even started a full season. His early success could have ran its course as much as we know. What we do know is that he has been inaccurate, he does see the whole field (receivers wide open), doesn't check down, sloppy footwork, poor decision making and is visibly shaken.

He needs to earn a contract extension just like anyone else. I think we've seen enough from guys like Kolb, Flynn and Caseel to show us that a small sample of success if not enough to extend a QB.

agreed. well put

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is funny because when Alex Smith was the QB, the no WR who get no separation excuse was not accepted but now all the sudden it is.

You kill your entire point that we should extend him by pointing out that he still hasn't even started a full season. His early success could have ran its course as much as we know. What we do know is that he has been inaccurate, he does see the whole field (receivers wide open), doesn't check down, sloppy footwork, poor decision making and is visibly shaken.

He needs to earn a contract extension just like anyone else. I think we've seen enough from guys like Kolb, Flynn and Caseel to show us that a small sample of success if not enough to extend a QB.

The thing is, last year serves as an opportunity to directly compare Kaepernick and Smith. Crabtree's number in particular speak well to Kap over Smith.

I would look into extending him in the offseason, but I wouldn't be looking to pay him Rodgers/Flacco/Brees/Brady/Peyton money. If we could sign him for something in the 15M per year range I'd go for it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the heavily discounted market on CBs last off-season I would look to sign a guy long term that is younger than 30 unless their market price gets crazy again. We really should have tried harder on Sean Smith.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Smith would of been nice.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd love to look into Aqib Talib. If he's got his head on straight, he would be a phenomenal addition.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to look into Aqib Talib. If he's got his head on straight, he would be a phenomenal addition.

He is playing lights out right now for the hooded one!!!