• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Free Agent List

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its to early to look at next year but I think its a good idea to just look who is out there. Boldin and mario are FA after this year. So do we resign him or go after someone else

Danario Alexander UFA,Kenny Britt
alert.gif
,Terrance Copper UFA,Kris Durham RFA ,Julian Edelman UFA Andrew Hawkins RFA ,Jacoby Jones UFA,James Jones RFA,Eric Decker ,Nicks, Maclin

My opinion(try and get Nicks. Gives us a Big target.

Other Position we need help is Center: here are a few.

Alex Mack, Brian De La Puente, Fernando Velasco.

My opinion: Go through draft. No need to waste money here.

Next Position: DE , Smith getting old and Mcdonald(doesn't do much)

Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, Lamarr Houston, BJ raji, Jared Allen

My Opinion: Go through Draft unless we can land Raji. he can play end in our 3-4 and some NT when we go 4-3. Don't think GB lets him go.

Next position: OLB- I know we really don't need one but Imagine having this guy playing along side our other linebackers. This is just a dream and know it wont happen.

Orakpo

My opinion: Nothing happens here

Next Position: CB Go all in here.

Browner, Grimes Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Talib, Sam Shieldsand Vontae Davis.

My opinion: Go all in on Either Browner or Grimes. Shields isn't that bad either. Plan B is getting VD brother here. Don't know if this would be a good idea but who knows.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib and Davis would be FA CBs to consider for me... it depends on their price....

damn, we really missed out on Sean Smith..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I agree

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FA WR crop is slim pickings they are always highly coveted during FA signing season and being that there is not a lot of top FA WR's available it will be very tough to get one without over paying in a bidding war. A healthy Nicks Britt Decker and Jacoby Jones may be the best of the FA WR's.

The good news is that the WR draft prospects for 2014 is very good and very deep.

The bad news is the people running our 49ers are struggling to evaluate WR draft talent (AJ Jenkins).

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Alex Mack is a FA after the season???

I just found my #1 target! The franchise tag # for an OL is the same for a LT as it is for a C (I think), so that makes it harder for them to justify tagging a C. Could you imagine this line with a good C? It would be unstoppable.

Raji will undoubtedly get the tag.

DRC is another guy I want the Niners to sign. I wanted the Niners to sign him this offseason.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mack will get tagged or paid well either in Cleveland or elsewhere... we still have to re-up Iupati FYI...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure Mack will get tagged or paid well either in Cleveland or elsewhere... we still have to re-up Iupati FYI...

This is true, but the Niners can afford to get a C too. A lot of expensive vet's are coming off the books next offseason (including suck-bag Goodwin).

He'll probably get re-signed, and it's probably wishful thinking. But I would love it if it happened.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but the Niners can afford to get a C too. A lot of expensive vet's are coming off the books next offseason (including suck-bag Goodwin).

He'll probably get re-signed, and it's probably wishful thinking. But I would love it if it happened.

Yeah... would you know or Ray would in regards to our cap room/flexibility for next season?

If you say we can sign both Iupati n Mack then golly geez nail that bitch lol.

For you sick, hypothetically there's money to spend but limited in respects... would you go on OL(C?) or CB?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For you sick, hypothetically there's money to spend but limited in respects... would you go on OL(C?) or CB?

I would hope both. Kilgore hasn't really impressed me, and Looney even less so (I think Baalke was drinkin' with McCloughan before the 2012 draft).

The following players (please oh please) probably won't be back next year:

Goodwin, Whitner, :hope: Rogers, Brooks, Boldin, Brown. And if Lattimore comes shows something, I could even see Gore leaving (I'd hope they would extent James first though).

Everything will depend on whether they extend Kaep's contract next offseason or wait another year; but I think they'll have plenty of money to sign a few starters.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninercaphell has us 6.8 under going in. Rogers has base 6+. Dahl and Snyder combine 2.3. Brooks is over 5. Dorsey is at 2.3 so great time to evaluate him.
Not much of cap guy but I'm guessing base is what counts?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know its to early to look at next year but I think its a good idea to just look who is out there. Boldin and mario are FA after this year. So do we resign him or go after someone else

Danario Alexander UFA,Kenny Britt ,Terrance Copper UFA,Kris Durham RFA ,Julian Edelman UFA Andrew Hawkins RFA ,Jacoby Jones UFA,James Jones RFA,Eric Decker ,Nicks, Maclin

My opinion(try and get Nicks. Gives us a Big target.

Nicks isn't big. He's under 6'1" and 212 pounds (or was at the combine). He's marginally bigger than Quinton Patton.

Other Position we need help is Center: here are a few.

Alex Mack, Brian De La Puente, Fernando Velasco.

My opinion: Go through draft. No need to waste money here.

Draft or go with Kilgore.

Next Position: DE , Smith getting old and Mcdonald(doesn't do much)

Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, Lamarr Houston, BJ raji, Jared Allen

My Opinion: Go through Draft unless we can land Raji. he can play end in our 3-4 and some NT when we go 4-3. Don't think GB lets him go.

We drafted our RDE of the future last year in Carradine. McDonald is a very good player. He's underrated. Though I don't have a problem with adding a little more depth.

Next Position: CB Go all in here.

Browner, Grimes Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Talib, Sam Shieldsand Vontae Davis.

My opinion: Go all in on Either Browner or Grimes. Shields isn't that bad either. Plan B is getting VD brother here. Don't know if this would be a good idea but who knows.

I agree go all in, but not in FA. Draft at two CBs in the first four rounds.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the GM paid top dollar that we could be spending on guys like Iupati, Aldon Smith and Crabtree then he deserves to lose his job. That won't happen so there is no reason to worry about it.

This offseason will be focused on the secondary and wide receiver. Either Crabtree will get extended (which I think will happen) or that money will be used to go after a big named FA, again I think it will Crabtree.

As for CB, Brown and Rogers are both gone after the season. This FO and Harbaugh seem to not want to break the bank on a CB for some reason. They most likely re-sign Wright and start him and Culliver at CB. I would love to bring in a FA but I don't think that will happen. I think it is also entirely possible that we are aggressive in the draft to go after a CB.

We will also be looking at a SS as Whitner might not be back (even though I think they resign him as well).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regression in Kap and Potty and the demons in Aldon have drastically reduced their cost or at the least pushed back the timing of getting something done. We just might have some coin to spend in free agency.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the GM paid top dollar that we could be spending on guys like Iupati, Aldon Smith and Crabtree then he deserves to lose his job. That won't happen so there is no reason to worry about it.

I agree keep our proven guys. But i would like to see a few guys gone. We should get a starting corner at least thru free agency and one thru draft

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regression in Kap and Potty and the demons in Aldon have drastically reduced their cost or at the least pushed back the timing of getting something done. We just might have some coin to spend in free agency.

I still think Iupati is a premier OG in this league and we have to get something done with him. As for Aldon, his demons definitely don't scare me off, he is one of the best pass rushes in this league and I believe his presence is part of what keeps our defense going, hopefully this drives down his value a little but we MUST lock him up long term.

Kapernick doesn't look like someone that I would extend at this point, I most certainly would let him play out his rookie contract. He just doesn't look like the guy that we thought he was, his passing has regressed to the point that I miss Alex Smith. The team lives and dies by his performance and right now he is killing us.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to break it to ya Sick but I do think he'll be back next season. He seems to want to play here, the coaches love him, he's a leader on our defense and we have no other real options next year outside of starting a rookie. I think they bring him back for cheap in the offseason but we will see how things play out.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree keep our proven guys. But i would like to see a few guys gone. We should get a starting corner at least thru free agency and one thru draft

Shoot I had a mistake on my post. I meant that say, if the GM breaks the bank on a center, spending money that we could use on those players then he should lose his job. Again that won't happen though.

I totally agree that we need to look at WR and/or CB in FA this offseason.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry to break it to ya Sick but I do think he'll be back next season.

:gaah::mad2::bawling:

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. I love Baalke's ability to find talent, but he has 2 enormous blind spots. One is WR, (the biggest one) and the other is Whitner.

I hope someone else offers him more money & he forces the Niners to get a safety who can cover. Maybe the Giants will cut Antrell Rollle THIS offseason...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Shoot I had a mistake on my post. I meant that say, if the GM breaks the bank on a center, spending money that we could use on those players then he should lose his job. Again that won't happen though.

Why? There's nothing that says they can't sign a C and get a WR, CB & safety. And a NT if necessary / possible.

If a good C hits URFA break that piggy bank! It's not like Goodwin came on the cheap. People would then begin to realize how much Goodwin sucked, and the OL would be better than it's ever been. Back to 2011 / 2012 run-blocking.