• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 draft thread not started by D-bag

• Thread starter cubzzzfanincali
  • Start date

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Genius says Fuller is the only good player drafted. Of course, the board thought I was wrong. Yet, here we go again, i was right again.

Uhm... The following is from the 2nd page, after the Fuller pick.

Horrible pick. Emery should be fired.

Meanwhile, LITERALLY everyone else praises or at the very least expresses a lot of optimism about the Fuller pick. With the only caveat being that most would have preferred Donald. Which is, of course, on the money.

Nothing changes in Chicago except the wind.

Indeed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 2014 The Genius predicted that draft was a horrendous failure and that St Louis took the DT we should have moved up to grab--that DT being Aaron Donald. Also The Genius says Fuller is the only good player drafted. Of course, the board thought I was wrong. Yet, here we go again, i was right again.

Meh draft. 2 studs came from that draft tho. Leno Jr. turned out to be a tremendous pick in round 7.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh draft. 2 studs came from that draft tho. Leno Jr. turned out to be a tremendous pick in round 7.

Agreed. Emery did unforgivable things to this team, but 5 years after his departure he still has three key draft picks (Long being the other) left in our mix. I guess I have to give him that :noidea:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, LITERALLY everyone else praises or at the very least expresses a lot of optimism about the Fuller pick. With the only caveat being that most would have preferred Donald. Which is, of course, on the money.

Way to take my comments out of context. Donald was my target and being disappointed with Fuller was a reaction to that. I later even said Fuller would be a solid CB (and btw I stuck with Fuller even after his bad year). Wanting Emery fired was again, a correct thing to do as well.

But the bottom line is this was an absolute horrendous draft by Emery. One of many. And I said "This is turning into a horrendously bad draft.". To which everyone again disagreed with me at the time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed.
LMFAO. Rich good stuff. BS --- got the Emory should be fired part right.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should talk yourself up more and start being unbearably obnoxious.

As much as I love both those things, I've read through this one a little bit and yall have plenty of it already.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should talk yourself up more and start being unbearably obnoxious.

Even though you claimed that drafting Kyle Fuller was a horrible move. Just say you praised the pick anyway. Even in the face of undisputable evidence to the contrary. Deny, deny, deny... lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I live long enough to see them in a Super Bowl.

There's just no way it's gonna happen. Tbh, I don't think I've ever even daydreamed about them going.

Had they kept Suh, I'd expect to see a playoff win before I die. But idk.
Two years closer to death.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though you claimed that drafting Kyle Fuller was a horrible move. Just say you praised the pick anyway. Even in the face of undisputable evidence to the contrary. Deny, deny, deny... lol

I realize you guys don't like BS....and it's easy to see why.

But in reading back his comments early in this thread it's obvious he wasn't denouncing the pick because of Fuller's ability but more because of the player they could have traded up for and gotten instead. And in hindsight that player, Aaron Donald, might just be the best defensive player in football.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn,started reading this thread and we were 1 pick away from getting Aaron Donald....?.....Damn that would have been sweet........The what ifs.....

But Kyle Fuller still is a nice consolation prize.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in reading back his comments early in this thread it's obvious he wasn't denouncing the pick because of Fuller's ability but more because of the player they could have traded up for and gotten instead. And in hindsight that player, Aaron Donald, might just be the best defensive player in football.

I don't hate him,I think the self appointed genius is hilarious......Combine him with Beardown,Rich and a few more posters here,get me a beer and some snacks,and I'm in for a half hour comedy show........:suds:

I love this board......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn,started reading this thread and we were 1 pick away from getting Aaron Donald....?.....Damn that would have been sweet........The what ifs.....

But Kyle Fuller still is a nice consolation prize.....

Fuller definitely worked out after having a few bumps in the road. And if we did have Donald...we don't have Mack. And based on how the seasons would go after that...might not have Trubisky. Might not have Akiem Hicks, possibly. Who knows.

I'm content with how it worked out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller definitely worked out after having a few bumps in the road. And if we did have Donald...we don't have Mack. And based on how the seasons would go after that...might not have Trubisky. Might not have Akiem Hicks, possibly. Who knows.

^ That.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is nice thinking so we can all sleep well at night but in reality, no one knows what would of happened if we landed Donald. A million different derivatives had we landed Donald. But if i had to choose, i would always choose the side where we draft one of the best players in the league.

If we got Donald, we (likely) wouldn't have traded for Mack, which means we would of had all those picks which means anything could of happened.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you see now why i call them idiots? Their reading comprehension is shit. These are the "regulars" on this board. God help us.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nice thinking so we can all sleep well at night but in reality, no one knows what would of happened if we landed Donald. A million different derivatives had we landed Donald. But if i had to choose, i would always choose the side where we draft one of the best players in the league.

If we got Donald, we (likely) wouldn't have traded for Mack, which means we would of had all those picks which means anything could of happened.

EVERYONE wanted Donald. You have to have a willing participant in a trade tho. Could Emory's dumbass have gotten Donald? Most likely. What it would've costed is another story. I think the Donald miss is exactly why many were OK with the Trubs move in the Draft years later. I'm ok with going after what you want. Donald was the prize of the draft, and we missed him by a pick and possibly a lack of collateral. Fuller was a great pick tho in consolation. He is a stud.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Donald miss is exactly why many were OK with the Trubs move in the Draft years later. I'm ok with going after what you want.

hyperbole alert. bullshit. The two were completely unrelated. Nobody was thinking about Donald when Pace (not Emery) moved up to grab Trubisky. NOBODY.