• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Cowboys offseason thread

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just drop this off on the way by...

BoXEhBTIEAAtiB4.jpg

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? What are you basing that on? An undrafted free agent after 3 days running around in shorts proved to have a better than even chance to make the team? I think it's more likely a writer wanted to add a little flair to a pretty boring time of the year.

The worst thing about football has always been "writers opinions" Especially bloggers

Nothing to talk about so they over blow everything.... Hell they do that anyway ..... but this time of year some of that shit is painful to even read.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bad luck continues: Jarrod Pughsley OL who was expected to compete & possibly make the Cowboys 53-man roster has a torn bicep and has been waived/injured by the Cowboys. the Cowboys have replaced him with OLman Darius Morris who has not played in 2 years

This sucks. I thought he had a chance to become a decent backup

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee had to be helped off the field by trainers @ OTA :L

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN's Ed Werder, the Cowboys are evaluating all middle linebacker options, including veteran free agents like Brian Urlacher and Jonathan Vilma.
Per Werder, the Cowboys want to replace Sean Lee (torn ACL) with a two-player platoon. They're not expecting in-house options Devonte Holloman or Anthony Hitchens to run with the job. Urlacher retired a year ago after finding crickets on the free-agent market and is 36 year old, but would theoretically fit in Rod Marinelli's Tampa-2. He reportedly "took notice" when Lee got hurt. Meanwhile, knee troubles have led to a sharp decline in play for the 32-year-old Vilma of late. The Cowboys are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher would be a mistake. Don't see that happening. He sucked his last year and is now older and took a year off. Vilma and Angerer (microfracture) would be the two best options, but they are both hurt and we have enough hurt guys that we aren't sure we ca ncount on IMO. I don't think we sign a FA starter. We may sign a backup, but I think our 3 stating LBs are already on the roster.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Urlacher gets a call and a contract offer that isn't very large. If nothing else, I like the idea of Urlacher in here as a mentor. Having Urlacher and Lee in a tape session...there is some serious knowledge there for the young guys. Maybe make it a 1 year option with the handshake agreement for bigger money as a LB and assistant DC next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Urlacher gets a call and a contract offer that isn't very large. If nothing else, I like the idea of Urlacher in here as a mentor. Having Urlacher and Lee in a tape session...there is some serious knowledge there for the young guys. Maybe make it a 1 year option with the handshake agreement for bigger money as a LB and assistant DC next year.

If we didn't have Lee I'd see some value in that even though I think it's overrated. That's what the coaches are for. But, since we already have Lee to play that role the law of diminshing returns makes me say no way unless the guy is good enough to play valuable minutes and I personally don't think he is. I'd rather keep a #6 WR that may become a player than a guy on his last one year deal that's mostly helping other players from the sideline. Neither one wins us a SB, but at least one may have a future...

I'm always all for "no guaranteed money" one year deals to any veteran. If he doesn't win a job you move on. But, I'm not sure these guys are going to come here for that type of deal. If Urlacher would do that I'd be very happy to bring him in even though I think his time as an NFL player is done.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a MLB Free agency thread rather than this carry over off season thread? I never cared for these catchall threads.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. It's pretty slow this time of year. I think it's better if each topic get it's own thread, but I guess it really doesn't matter either way

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want an MLB FA thread, I'm ok with it. This was mainly just for one off topics that can't likely carry an entire thread. If we are expecting a lot of discussion, no one will complain about too many threads :suds:

It's just when we have 6 or 7 threads with a lot of views and no replies. I don't think this topic is one of those though. No worries about creating too many threads though, whatever keeps people engaged in the doldrums of the offseason.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want an MLB FA thread, I'm ok with it. This was mainly just for one off topics that can't likely carry an entire thread. If we are expecting a lot of discussion, no one will complain about too many threads :suds:

It's just when we have 6 or 7 threads with a lot of views and no replies. I don't think this topic is one of those though. No worries about creating too many threads though, whatever keeps people engaged in the doldrums of the offseason.

My dislike about everything thing threads is it gets to s point where we are talking 5 topics all at once. It reminds me of get togethers with my in laws. She's Filipino, when they get talking it's everyone talking at the same time. It's amazing really since they all understand everything discussed.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dislike about everything thing threads is it gets to s point where we are talking 5 topics all at once. It reminds me of get togethers with my in laws. She's Filipino, when they get talking it's everyone talking at the same time. It's amazing really since they all understand everything discussed.
I understand your point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at the DMN Cowboys top 50 rankings really shows how this team needs more talent. I won't get into the order because obviously it's subjective, but Lawrence at 13, Crawford at 11 and Zach Martin at 10 based on what???? It seems like a little of a reach. The best thing that can happen to this team is that both of those D choices are correct because it would mean we have a pass rush, but it seems more a hope than a ranking...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at the DMN Cowboys top 50 rankings really shows how this team needs more talent. I won't get into the order because obviously it's subjective, but Lawrence at 13, Crawford at 11 and Zach Martin at 10 based on what???? It seems like a little of a reach. The best thing that can happen to this team is that both of those D choices are correct because it would mean we have a pass rush, but it seems more a hope than a ranking...

I saw that, it looked more like what some hack fan from Bleacher Report would put out than something by DMN. Martin may be great, but the only thing he's done of note so far is injure Lee. Crawford had flashes, but is coming off injury and ranked 11?? And putting Lawrence at 13, at this point, is absurd at best. Those ratings were based more on what the best case scenario for those guys are instead of the rating they deserve today

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, it looked more like what some hack fan from Bleacher Report would put out than something by DMN. Martin may be great, but the only thing he's done of note so far is injure Lee. Crawford had flashes, but is coming off injury and ranked 11?? And putting Lawrence at 13, at this point, is absurd at best. Those ratings were based more on what the best case scenario for those guys are instead of the rating they deserve today

Ratings are useless until there's meat behind them. Some bloggers way to get their names on a website.

Bring on Training Camp!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ratings are useless until there's meat behind them. Some bloggers way to get their names on a website"

God All Mighty, I've been saying this for years now.
Thank You!