• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Cowboys offseason thread

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are working out former Cardinals RB Ryan Williams. It comes down to this guys knee. He is a serious talent, lots of speed. I like Ben Malena a lot as well, tough and great hands, a nice third down back. I think Murray/Dunbar/Malena, but a healthy Williams would spice things up quick

Not sure Malena makes the roster, maybe ps.

I think to the season our RB will be Murray, Dunbar, Randle/Williams, and a FB. No more than that IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think to the season our RB will be Murray, Dunbar, Randle/Williams, and a FB. No more than that IMO.

Betcha a Corona Malena makes it. I have a feeling about that kid....:suds:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would not be surprised if both Copeland & Clutts make the team

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betcha a Corona Malena makes it. I have a feeling about that kid....:suds:

If he does it's over Dunbar IMO. I think Malena makes the PS.

As for 2 FB, I don't see it. Especially seeing how many WR we have. Or if we keep 3 QB. And all of these D-line. And the fact that they want 2 TE sets. Just wouldn't make sense to have 2 FB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for 2 FB, I don't see it. Especially seeing how many WR we have. Or if we keep 3 QB. And all of these D-line. And the fact that they want 2 TE sets. Just wouldn't make sense to have 2 FB.

I agree on only keeping one fullback, they will have a decision on Copeland, Clutts may beat him out but Copeland may not make it to the PS without getting picked up. Malena may well be ticketed to the practice squad, simply because he might make it to the squad without getting taken. After Murray, 4 interesting guys with something to prove in Dunbar, Randle, Williams and Malena. Should be a spirited competition for playing time, as with DL, OLB, S and WR. Nice to see

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see almost no chance a healthy Dunbar gets cut. Well, really I see no chance, but you never know I guess...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i could see us only carrying 5 WR's (Bryant, Williams, Harris, Beasley and 1 from Byrd, Street or Washington), 2 TE's (Witten & Escobar) and 3 RB's/2 FB's (Murray, Dunbar, Williams/Randle, Clutts & Copeland). Copeland could easily slip into the 3rd TE if needed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see us only carrying 5 WR's (Bryant, Williams, Harris, Beasley and 1 from Byrd, Street or Washington), 2 TE's (Witten & Escobar) and 3 RB's/2 FB's (Murray, Dunbar, Williams/Randle, Clutts & Copeland). Copeland could easily slip into the 3rd TE if needed

Based on what, just his size? I don't imagine he would be very good at running patterns out in space and catching the ball while on the move and even blocking is different out of the backfield as compared to starting off at the LOS. We use two TE sets a lot and you can't just throw a guy in there if someone else is tired or hurt. IMO we will have either 3 or 4 TEs on the roster. If someone that can block beats out Hannah I could see 3, but otherwise I think we need 4 because we need a TE that can block.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt Malena pretty much play Dunbar's role? Our third back is going to be expected to be the every down back with Dunbar being the change of pace guy

I dont see 4 backs making the roster.

That said I think it comes down to Randle vs Williams ... and dont see Williams taking it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what, just his size? I don't imagine he would be very good at running patterns out in space and catching the ball while on the move and even blocking is different out of the backfield as compared to starting off at the LOS. We use two TE sets a lot and you can't just throw a guy in there if someone else is tired or hurt. IMO we will have either 3 or 4 TEs on the roster. If someone that can block beats out Hannah I could see 3, but otherwise I think we need 4 because we need a TE that can block.

#3 TE is usually on the team for added blocking. you are probably right about it but nothing would surprise me

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only will I be surprised, I will break my never say never stance and say we're NOT going to carry 2 FB's

Sadly I did that when we carried two kickers :L

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bad luck continues: Jarrod Pughsley OL who was expected to compete & possibly make the Cowboys 53-man roster has a torn bicep and has been waived/injured by the Cowboys. the Cowboys have replaced him with OLman Darius Morris who has not played in 2 years

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bad luck continues: Jarrod Pughsley OL who was expected to compete & possibly make the Cowboys 53-man roster has a torn bicep and has been waived/injured by the Cowboys. the Cowboys have replaced him with OLman Darius Morris who has not played in 2 years

I'm OK if its only guys that aren't going to make the team that are getting hurt. It's the other guys I want to see be healthy this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK if its only guys that aren't going to make the team that are getting hurt. It's the other guys I want to see be healthy this year.

word was that Pughsley had a better than even chance of making the team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word was that Pughsley had a better than even chance of making the team

Really? What are you basing that on? An undrafted free agent after 3 days running around in shorts proved to have a better than even chance to make the team? I think it's more likely a writer wanted to add a little flair to a pretty boring time of the year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? What are you basing that on? An undrafted free agent after 3 days running around in shorts proved to have a better than even chance to make the team? I think it's more likely a writer wanted to add a little flair to a pretty boring time of the year.

He was a Cowboy. Isn't that the surest route to the HOF.

J, I'm with you thinking this is not all that big of a deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

okay it was something i read on dallascowboysblog. you are right