• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Breakouts!!!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The error was it replaced "some ofus" with "some of" as it apparently didn't register my space "tap"..
Relax and try and get over it. Calling someone dumb when you have no clue what was going on nor trying be said comes off really bad. Chalk it up to a mistake rather than assuming people meant to sound stupid

People don't mean to sound stupid. They don't know they sound stupid. That one of the reasons they sound stupid. But you are forgiven. Don't let it happen again.
:suds:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The error was it replaced "some ofus" with "some of" as it apparently didn't register my space "tap"..
Relax and try and get over it. Calling someone dumb when you have no clue what was going on nor trying be said comes off really bad. Chalk it up to a mistake rather than assuming people meant to sound stupid

But back on topic, I think there are a lot of QB options that can be picked up late. Last year Andy dalton was available off waivers for a long time and he was a top QB. QBs are also easier to plug and play based on defenses they play. I never put too much stock into drafting one.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But back on topic, I think there are a lot of QB options that can be picked up late. Last year Andy dalton was available off waivers for a long time and he was a top QB. QBs are also easier to plug and play based on defenses they play. I never put too much stock into drafting one.

well whatever..
but yes back on topic. Last year, we all begged and pleaded with anyone seeking draft advice to wait on Qb's, as guys like Kaeps, Wilson, RGIII, Dalton, and on and on, could all be had late. Luck was one of the very very few of the guys that could be had late, who actually performed well enough for you to not pull your friggin hair out,, and even he was still at a great disadvantage when facing a team with a Rodgers, Brees, Manning type.

Are there viable starters that can keep you competitive week to week available late in the draft? Yea, absolutely there are, but there aren't more than one or two who can actually win a game for you, so to speak. if you hit on them, great, if not..well thats what I meant when we said we regretted it

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well whatever..
but yes back on topic. Last year, we all begged and pleaded with anyone seeking draft advice to wait on Qb's, as guys like Kaeps, Wilson, RGIII, Dalton, and on and on, could all be had late. Luck was one of the very very few of the guys that could be had late, who actually performed well enough for you to not pull your friggin hair out,, and even he was still at a great disadvantage when facing a team with a Rodgers, Brees, Manning type.

Are there viable starters that can keep you competitive week to week available late in the draft? Yea, absolutely there are, but there aren't more than one or two who can actually win a game for you, so to speak. if you hit on them, great, if not..well thats what I meant when we said we regretted it

I see where you are coming from. However, if you can draft 5 rb/Wrs that are sure fire starters and then grab a QB later on, you'd be at a great advantage over teams that got Brees, manning, or Rodgers early and have trouble filling the flex and one of the wr/rb slots. You can always find a QB to plug in. If you are really worried about it, get two mid level QBs and play them against e worst defenses defenses. Being stacked at rb and wr is much more important than having the best QB. By round 6 almost every solid rb or wr is gone. Yeah, there are still sleepers, but I think you can't put stock into your sleepers actually helping your team. Drafting a QB early might net you 5 extra points a weak, but neglecting a rb/wr to get him could cost you the same. Also, Wr is the most inconsistent position in the game and bad rbs will never do anything. I'd rather have 2 consisten Wrs, 3 good running backs, and a solid QB than taking a QB early.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a QB early might net you 5 extra points a weak, but neglecting a rb/wr to get him could cost you the same.

Well, last year that was wrong. Peyton netted his owners over 10 pts per week. No player at any position was even in the ball park. Incredibly, Peyton + Joique Bell + Jordy Nelsom were a better threesome than Luck + Charles + Megatron.

But most years there isn't a QB like that. (And most guys who took a QB first last year took Brees or Rodgers.)

Also, "weak" and "week" mean two very different things. You should learn them or you will go through life with people thinking you are very dumb. (Something I found out on this thread.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one of the reasons they sound stupid. But you are forgiven. Don't let it happen again.

You know what really irks me? When people do not use 's when they should... makes them sound kind of dumb.

...but since this isn't a Grade 8 English class chat room, I'll get back on topic....

Michael Floyd will go off this year and lead the Cards in yards (maybe TD's too, but yards for sure... 1400ish)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, "weak" and "week" mean two very different things. You should learn them or you will go through life with people thinking you are very dumb. (Something I found out on this thread.)

You know what really irks me? When people do not use 's when they should... makes them sound kind of dumb.

...but since this isn't a Grade 8 English class chat room, I'll get back on topic....

Gotta love it

[YOUTUBE]lbCyElB-gFc[/YOUTUBE]

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typos are different than being blatantly stupid...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you were complaining about a typo, so... but since you tried to defend yourself, I'll dig in a little further.
People don't mean to sound stupid. They don't know they sound stupid. That one of the reasons they sound stupid. But you are forgiven. Don't let it happen again.

Correction.
People don't mean to sound stupid. They don't know (that) they sound stupid. That('s) one of the reasons (of which) they (do) sound stupid(,) but you are forgiven. Don't let it happen again.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright now ladies, let's ease up on the grammar bickering.
That's pretty much the worst part of message boards on the internet, no matter the site.

And yes, I was one of many who waited on drafting a QB in every one of my leagues except 1 last year. I won 2 championships and took 2nd in my money leagues, didn't even make the playoffs in the other league. Just so happens, that was the league that I drafted QB early (Cam Newton, in the 5th or 6th round, as the 8th QB off the board. 12tm PPR league)

Romo, Cutler/McCown combo were my starting QBs. In one league, I ended up trading Romo to the Rodgers owner in a deal for Lynch, hahahaha! easy pickins there. He sent me the injured Cutler (since I already had McCown) and I tossed in GioB. I ended up with like 4 1st round draft picks on my team through trades. I have a weird feeling that the other owners in that league won't be so willing to do business with me this season, but we'll see.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the worst part of message boards on the internet, no matter the site.

agreed, hence my posts.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it, I was about to let loose another salvo.

I like Maclin to duplicate DJAX's numbers.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoo haz problims arond hear wit gramma! shee iz jest fien? spellinzez.............
3555230-stephen-king-speaks-at-ac-010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: