• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Breakouts!!!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone! Training Camp is right around the corner and in a couple months the season will be here before we know it. It's somewhat early but I have been going through my rankings and depth charts. I have several players I feel are due for a Breakout/ Bounceback/ Career year. I won't share all of them but ill give out three... feel free to post your breakout players for this year or if you have an opinion or comment, let it be heard.

Terrance Williams WR DAL- I like Williams alot this year. He usually goes anywhere between the 7th-9th round. With Miles out I see Williams being Romo's 2nd or 3rd option Behind Dez and Witten. Williams showed flashes of talent last year, and should only continue to grow with more playing time... I feel he will be a solid 2nd/3rd WR as the season gets going.. Proj stats 71 Rec 1050 Yds 8 Tds

Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN- Sanders had a breakout year with Pitt last year, as he finally stayed healthy for the most part. I only see bigger and better things to come for Sanders in 2014. Moving to Denver and having Manning under the helm is only more of a reason to believe in Sanders. With Decker gone Sanders will help fill the void. Last year was Sanders coming out party, and I feel this year will be his career year(if healthy) I view Sanders as a solid 2 WR this year. Proj Stats- 78 Rec 1210 yds 10 Tds

Robert Griffin III- RG3 had a stellar Rookie Campagin, then things went down hill and fast his sophomore season. The ACL injury really held back RG3 and the circus that came around his injury and him playing in my opinion was a huge distraction. Now with Shanahan gone and Gruden in I see RG3 having a huge bounceback year. With Weapons such as Garcon, D-Jax and Reed I feel RG3 will set career highs in all passing statistics in 2014. I am one of the few, but I can see RG3 ending as a Top 5 Fantasy QB this year :omg:

Would love to hear who everyone else likes this year :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater will be a top 10 QB by mid-season. :yahoo:

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Deandre Hopkins, Twill, and Doug Martin(not really a breakout, but a comeback for sure.)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarrelle Patterson but I think plenty of people see that possibility
I also think Victor Cruz has another big year

I also think Knile Davis finally starts to eat into Jamaal Charles's touches.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Hoyer-

Just because Manziel is acting a fool, and I think Hoyer is pretty good. He will be gold for those in 2 QB leagues.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Sanders has trouble for the first half at least, learning Peyton's ways. Therefore one of my breakouts is Andre Caldwell, who stuck his nose in last year near the end.

I love Jermaine Kearse to be the main reason for Russell Wilson's progression...that and defenses concentrating on Harvin.

Khiry Robinson will end up leading the Saints in rushing yards...Frenchy still gets his production too.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Hoyer-

Just because Manziel is acting a fool, and I think Hoyer is pretty good. He will be gold for those in 2 QB leagues.

Interesting thought. Perhaps you are right, but have you seen Cleveland's schedule to begin the season? Someone predicted in another thread recently that the Browns will get off to a poor start and turn to Manziel by around Week 6. Doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone! Training Camp is right around the corner and in a couple months the season will be here before we know it. It's somewhat early but I have been going through my rankings and depth charts. I have several players I feel are due for a Breakout/ Bounceback/ Career year. I won't share all of them but ill give out three... feel free to post your breakout players for this year or if you have an opinion or comment, let it be heard.

Terrance Williams WR DAL- I like Williams alot this year. He usually goes anywhere between the 7th-9th round. With Miles out I see Williams being Romo's 2nd or 3rd option Behind Dez and Witten. Williams showed flashes of talent last year, and should only continue to grow with more playing time... I feel he will be a solid 2nd/3rd WR as the season gets going.. Proj stats 71 Rec 1050 Yds 8 Tds

Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN- Sanders had a breakout year with Pitt last year, as he finally stayed healthy for the most part. I only see bigger and better things to come for Sanders in 2014. Moving to Denver and having Manning under the helm is only more of a reason to believe in Sanders. With Decker gone Sanders will help fill the void. Last year was Sanders coming out party, and I feel this year will be his career year(if healthy) I view Sanders as a solid 2 WR this year. Proj Stats- 78 Rec 1210 yds 10 Tds

Robert Griffin III- RG3 had a stellar Rookie Campagin, then things went down hill and fast his sophomore season. The ACL injury really held back RG3 and the circus that came around his injury and him playing in my opinion was a huge distraction. Now with Shanahan gone and Gruden in I see RG3 having a huge bounceback year. With Weapons such as Garcon, D-Jax and Reed I feel RG3 will set career highs in all passing statistics in 2014. I am one of the few, but I can see RG3 ending as a Top 5 Fantasy QB this year :omg:

Would love to hear who everyone else likes this year :suds:

Terrance Williams has the opportunity to be BIG this season... and RG3 has the weapons this season to be near elite... so i will agree with those 2, i disagree on Emanuel sanders... I just don't have him being anything more than a WR3, and i would probably avoid him in all drafts... I just think that there is so much WR depth this season, and many with much better opportunity than sanders...

Assuming no big injuries- my biggest sleepers this season might be all rookies... there are a bunch of rookie WRs that are really in great scenarios like Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, and Mike Evans...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Wright - he does all the dirty work for what ever passing game TEN has, and I think he takes the next step forward this year and flirts with high end WR2 numbers, if Locker manages to stay healthy.

Markus Wheaton - PIT lost a lot at WR in FA, 1340yds and 16tds from Cotchery/Sanders. Remember when PIT blew their cap in order to keep/prevent Sanders from going to NWE? Wheaton is the reason they let him go this offseason, and I'm expecting him to blow up as defenses key in on Antonio/Le'Veon

Shane Vereen - can't remember who said it on a different thread, but I agreed with the sentiment - the RB1 spot in NWE is Vereen's to lose, after Ridley grossly disappointed fantasy owners last year and Blount is in PIT.

Can't find many reasons to not think Rashard Jennings has a nice, FULL productive season. We've only seen this guy in spurts the past few seasons, and it seems like the moment you discount him, hello 125yds 2td stat line for the day! I think he finds consistency, and even with Wilson/Williams breathing down his back, NYG will feed him the ball enough to outperform his ADP.

Still on NYG - I'll pick Eli Manning as a strong bounce back candidate at QB, but it would be pretty hard to do worse than what he did last season.

Also can't wait to see what a healthy Sam Bradford can do. He was turning in a decent start to the season last year before getting hurt, and the Rams' arrow is pointing up right now, imo.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Montee Ball will have better stats than Moreno did last year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the top RB in FF.

Brady will have a much better year. (Compare the WR turnover last year to this year.) Not back to elite status, but the #5 or #6 QB.

Derek Carr won't be a must-have in seasonal leagues, but will be the gold among the rookies for keeper leagues.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markus Wheaton - PIT lost a lot at WR in FA, 1340yds and 16tds from Cotchery/Sanders. Remember when PIT blew their cap in order to keep/prevent Sanders from going to NWE? Wheaton is the reason they let him go this offseason, and I'm expecting him to blow up as defenses key in on Antonio/Le'Veon

Good list Monkey!

PIT may have lost a few at WR but they were replaceable players. The only real question is whether Wheaton can take the reins as a WR2. Don't be surprised if he loses RZ looks to some younger guys though. Justin Brown (2nd yr, 6'3") & Martavis Bryant (1st yr, 6'4") are making some noise this offseason. Still I would expect the same amount of production, if not better, that Sanders had. He is penciled in as the starting x-receiver as of right now, so if he keeps that spot then he is going to see a lot of deep looks from Ben. PIT x-receivers before him were Sanders and Mike Wallace.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second k. wright and wheaton.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiri Sekac...oops sorry wrong sport:hockeysmile:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea for a thread RT!

Cordarrelle Patterson but I think plenty of people see that possibility.

I agree. The secret seems to be out on Patterson. According to ADP that tracks his "draft position," he's already moved from a 8th rounder (January) into the 4th round (today). My hunch is that the hype on him continues to escalate during preseason and he flirts with low 2nd round selection, but most likely a 3rd round pick.

I'll pick Eli Manning as a strong bounce back candidate at QB, but it would be pretty hard to do worse than what he did last season.

Monkey's right, he can't get much worse from last season. No where to go but up.

As for my picks, most are comeback candidates. I mentioned Kenny Britt on another thread. In his first two seasons under Jeff Fisher, Britt's had his best yardage averages. And now he's reunited with Fisher again.

Call me crazy (and Chef will like this too) but I kind of like Matt Cassel. I hear Norv Turner is a "Cassel" guy. Look what Turner's offense did in Cleveland last season. A trio of QB threw for a total of 4361 yards and 26 TD in a poor offense. And with so many experts talking up Patterson and Rudolph, a QB will have to be the beneficiary of getting them all of their projected targets/yards.

Brian Hoyer - Just because Manziel is acting a fool, and I think Hoyer is pretty good. He will be gold for those in 2 QB leagues.

tlance, love your comment!

I think my list of 2014 under-achievers and draft-day busts is longer. I may just stick with the middle-of-the-road players this draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or does WR seem extra deep this season...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this cause I am a dolphins fan but i think the Jets really come on strong. maybe it's cause Johnson is on the Jets LOL. But a sleeper i like is Stephen Hill. I think Vick will win the starting job but even if he doesn't I still think teams will pay more attention to Decker and Johnson and Hill with his 4.35 speed and 6 foot 4 body should progress going into his third year.

I also think little Tavon really emerges. Fisher has stated he plans to use him "properly" this year.

Andre Williams. 2,000 yards collegiate running backs don't come along too often.

Eric Ebron - gut feeling here but I can see him operating as a WR and getting targets down the middle in a pass happy offense.

Dri Archer - I think they are going to use him in the slot and he can flat out open a game up for you with his home run potential.

Great thread Ram!!!