• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Breakouts!!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or does WR seem extra deep this season...

it's kinda like pitching in fantasy baseball..it seems to be really deep in the preseason, but halfway through your scraping scrubs off the scrap heap to field a roster. I highly doubt it ends up being anywhere near as deep as it seems.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby Gerhart - Finally has a chance to be the lead guy and I expect him to perform well despite being on the Jaguars.

Colin Kaepernick - Has Crabtree back. The two had some great chemistry two years ago when Kaep took over for Alex Smith. And now, with the addition of Stevie Johnson, Kaepernick has a ton of legitimate receiving options and just needs to show that he can work through his progressions. If he can, I expect big numbers from him.

Emmanuel Sanders - I expect him to step right in and put up career high stats. Peyton Manning will not allow a guy as talented as Sanders to be on that team without being fully utilized.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pretty much have to agree with every name mentioned here thus far, except for Kniles Davis..he's not eating into Charles touches, at best he gets 7-10 just to keep Charles fresh. But he's not getting anything that Charles doesn't hand him. And of course, Foot brings out his old super mega deep sleeper candidate as usual. Gotta love 'em.

For me, I really like Wheaton, as a couple others have mentioned. I also think Cole Beasley could be a great PPR snag. Firmly entrenched as Dallas's #3 in the slot this year, he'll be Romo's new security blanket underneath. Probably not draft worthy in standard league though.
At Rb, I actually do think this is the year to won Lamar Miller. I've never really cared for him, but Daniel THomas has run out of rope, Knowshon sounds like he got paid, and mailed it in, and The Phins totally revamped their Oline, if he's ever going to do it, now is is chance. Also, Denard Robinson is going to put his name on the fantasy radar this year. He may not get enough touches to justify a roster spot yet, but he'll do just enough to make you consider grabbing him off waivers at least twice this season, especially in a PPR. And watch out if Gerhart goes down, he and Todman will be in line for a 60/40-ish time split.
TE's I really like for a big season form the bottom of a draft, Zach Ertz who really came on strong towards the end of last season. And Richard Rodgers, who should, fairly easily, win the #1 job in GB, as Quarles and Bostick are best suited for blocking duties, and fellow rookie Lyeria is such a headcase that I"ll be surprised if he breaks camp with the team.
And at QB, I"m with Tlance, Hoyer will start more games for the Browns, both early and late. THey may turn to Manziel at some point, but whether its to showcase Hoyer for potential trade bait in the offseason, or an injury to the little punk, Hoyer will get back in. And going the other way in Minnesota, I like Bridgewater to take the job from Cassel after the bye week, if not before. Norv Turner may be a Cassel guy, publicly, but he's also a downfield aerial attack guy, not exactly Cassel's forte.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's late so I'm not gonna make long comments................

Come back player of the year
images

The guy we will all wish we would have taken right after somebody else grabs him
nfl_u_Cordarrelle-Patterson_cmg_200.jpg

The sleeper
kenny-britt-titans-file-0ccdef4aad86ab14_large.jpg

The "Footish" deep sleeper
campus_hyde1-530x372.jpg

The guy to stay away from
Darren-McFadden11.jpg

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and the 2 fucking idiots that kinda fucked a lot of guys in keeper leagues this year
images

and
gordon_josh_g_mp_576.jpg

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Montee Ball will have better stats than Moreno did last year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the top RB in FF.

Brady will have a much better year. (Compare the WR turnover last year to this year.) Not back to elite status, but the #5 or #6 QB.

Derek Carr won't be a must-have in seasonal leagues, but will be the gold among the rookies for keeper leagues.

I agree, Montee could have a BIG year

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite deep sleeper has to be martavis Bryant. I think he is in a great situation. He goes into the season as pittsburghs #3 WR, but the first 2 are both speed guys with a small frame. And with Heath miller getting older and on the downside of his career they need a big reliable receiver. I think Bryant will be their big play guy and he should steal end zone looks.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one of the few people that are not buying into the Patterson hype.. He is for sure a playmaker but i cant see him putting up big rec numbers this year. He will be a stud on special teams and will get a few carries as well. But for a 4th round pick, in my opinion thats a reach. I feel he will be very inconsistent throughout the year.. we will see tho, thats why the games are played

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one of the few people that are not buying into the Patterson hype.. He is for sure a playmaker but i cant see him putting up big rec numbers this year. He will be a stud on special teams and will get a few carries as well. But for a 4th round pick, in my opinion thats a reach. I feel he will be very inconsistent throughout the year.. we will see tho, thats why the games are played

I'm with you on Patterson.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he has a big year but I dont think his big year will put him in the top 5 or near it. He is my WR4 so im ecstatic about that...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm possibly the biggest Patterson fan on this board, and I'm with you. Would love to have him, but his adp is just too dam high to be worth it, QB play is just too shaky

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm possibly the biggest Patterson fan on this board, and I'm with you. Would love to have him, but his adp is just too dam high to be worth it, QB play is just too shaky

The figurative nail on the head. Like I said, I think his value continues to rise making him less appealing.

And going the other way in Minnesota, I like Bridgewater to take the job from Cassel after the bye week, if not before. Norv Turner may be a Cassel guy, publicly, but he's also a downfield aerial attack guy, not exactly Cassel's forte.

Let me just clarify that in typical lone-QB leagues, I'm not touching Cassel. But in a two-QB league, I could take a flyer on him as my QB3 or QB4.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is on my radar, but now fucking way am I taking him in the first 4 rounds.

Not really a sleeper, but I think Roddy White has a strong season. People don't seem to remember he was really banged up last year.

Another sleeper is Jennings. I think he could be a top running back if the giants are any good. He did it with Oakland when he got a chance last year.

A deep sleeper I have liked for a long time is Marcus lattimore, however, I think its a year too early since he still is recovering from that gruesome college injury.

There are also so many QBs you can take late that can be top 5 this year. Guys like Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, and Philip rivers can be had in the 6th or 7th round.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also so many QBs you can take late that can be top 5 this year. Guys like Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, and Philip rivers can be had in the 6th or 7th round.
Sounds an awful lot like what many of said going into last season. . And we all regretted it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I, or anyone mention Rueben Randle in here? Anyway, I think his opportunity is more than large, and I don't see why he can't put up healthy Nicks like numbers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds an awful lot like what many of said going into last season. . And we all regretted it.

I didn't. I got luck in the 6th last year.

Also, of and have mean two very different things. You should learn them or you will go through life with people thinking you are very dumb.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. I got luck in the 6th last year.

Also, of and have mean two very different things. You should learn them or you will go through life with people thinking you are very dumb.

Or you could realize that smart phones aren't smart at all and like to insert whatever word they think you meant whenever they feel fit.

Maybe you should relax a bit or you could go through life with people thinking your a douche

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could realize that smart phones aren't smart at all and like to insert whatever word they think you meant whenever they feel fit.

Maybe you should relax a bit or you could go through life with people thinking your a douche

Sorry, but seeing people say of instead of have or 've is like nails on a chalk board to me. If I read it in a post, I just stop reading and move to the next one. That's also not a smart phone error. That's partly why it irks me so much.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The error was it replaced "some ofus" with "some of" as it apparently didn't register my space "tap"..
Relax and try and get over it. Calling someone dumb when you have no clue what was going on nor trying be said comes off really bad. Chalk it up to a mistake rather than assuming people meant to sound stupid